Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i need some help to make this list an all around fun army to play against people at the store and maybe eventually take it to the store.

Right now our local store had to close and move locations because their lease ended so i have been playing against my friend and i honestly cant tell if my lists are any good because he is way more skilled than me i have been playing for 1 year(but i almost never have battled at the store of someone my skill level mabe one or twice) and hes been playing for like 6+ years so i loose 95% of the time.

Anyway here's my list

HQ

Karandras – 2**

Farseer – 113
Doom, fortune, singing spear

Troops

12 Guardians - 126
Bright lance

12 Guardians - 126
Bright lance

10 Dire Avengers - 152
Exarch – Blade Storm, dual shuri-cats

Wave Serpent - 125
TL - SL, stones

Elites

7 Harlequins - 200 (Farseer goes here)

6 kisses, shadow seer, Troop Master

6 Striking Scorpions - 113
Exarch - Biting Blade

6 Fire Dragons - 113
Exarch – DBF, crack shot

Wave Serpent - 125
TL – SL, Stones

Heavy Support

Wraith Lord - 115
Scatter Laser, Wraith Sword

Wraith Lord - 115
Scatter Laser, Wraith Sword

Fire Prism - 115

Total = 1753

Also just to let you know i dont want to switch the guardiand weapon to a sl as best option because in the 2 battles i have played with this army they got their points back poping tanks and light vehicles and i need them as a anti tank that works very well for me.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The easiest change to make to your list, which isn't to bad, is to trade out your Harlequins for a Warlock squad. Include your Farseer with the Warlock squad and use Fortune to make them VERY hard to break. You need at least 6 Warlocks though. Any less isn't real useful. More is better.

You might also consider swapping the Guardian Heavy Weapons with the Wraithlord Heavy Weapons. The 'Lords have a better BS, and better LoS, so the single shot weapons would be more useful on them. The Guardians with their BS of 3 will be better served by having a higher number of shots. As far as Star Cannons go, they are too expensive for my tastes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It seems to me like your army list is lacking quite a bit of mobility, I would recommend getting rid of your Wraithlord, while they are powerful they will have trouble keeping up with the rest of your army. YOu also might want to add a little more troops or Jet Bikes for some more objectives and mobility, You might also want to make your troops and elites have transports for more mobility

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I played a game against my friend who plays orks and i was dominating him. If the game continued to turn six i would have won 2 objectives and he would have non but i was not ready for a turn 5 game end so he was just in range of holding 1 objective that i was going to contest and i for got to move both my guardian squads turn 4 to claim the objectives because i forgot the game can end turn 5.
So i think the list did very well because i almost always get completely destroyed by my friend.

Also i dont want to add transports because i dont want to have a transport heavy army like almost every eldar player and i dont need a competitive list but a fun army i like to use. I dont want to bore my opponent and make him feel like hes playing the same eldar army every time, lots of transports dire avengers and a seer council.

Also about the seer council. I honestly dont think they are good on foot walking acros the board the enemy has all the time in the world to shoot them up while the harlequins cant really get shot up unless you use them wrong and come to close at the wrong time.

Anyways Thank you for the comments.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok, I see where you are coming from. The one thing I would reccomend for a horde type Eldar army is a lot of Troops or Jetbikes. You seem to have a good amount of Elites, but I would suggest getting rid of a wraithlord and adding another squad of Dire Avengers, The Wraithlord is a bullet magnet and will not even reach the point where it can assault anything.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ah-ha! Horde Eldar can be neat to play. I have done this once or twice myself. In that case, I would recommend dropping the Farseer (not doing a lot and a bit too expensive) and getting some Warp Spiders as they are very useful in this type of list. Dropping the Scatter Lasers on the Serpents to Shuriken Cannons can help with the points. I find a six man squad including exarch to be a nice balance of power vs. points.

Also, you might consider dropping the Prism, and swapping the Warithlords swords so that each has a BL and EML. They can sit back and kill tanks while also being a threat to any units hoping to assault your guardians. The points left may get you two War Walkers with Scatter Lasers. These can outflank/scout and are good against rear AV or infantry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.