Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My army is now and forever will be a pure grey knights army i was wondering what you thought.
1850 pts.
HQ-Grand master and 9 retinue 1 w/ Incinerator 145, 61, 46*8
HQ-Brother-captian Stern and 9 retinue 1 w/ Psycannon 141, 71, 46*8
Troops-Justicar 5 grey knights(power armour) 1 w/ I. and 1 w/ P. 50, 35, 50, 25*3
Troops-Justicar 5 grey knights(power armour) 1 w/ I. and 1 w/ P. 50, 35, 50, 25*3
Heavy Support-Dreadnought w/ Las. and Power F. 145
Heavy Support-Land Raider (not crusader) 250
Total: 1850+Upgrades
i was thinkin about gettin a crusader or should i get a dreadnought for my last heavy support. also what in this army should i use in a 1000 pt game?

·
Forward Kommander
1,005 Posts
It would be hepful if you posted in a neater fasion EXAMPLE

Your list is relying heavily on Terminators (2:1 ratio with PA GK) I would suggest dropping 5 or more GK along with BC Stern as you need the points for more bodies :yes:.

You might also think about dropping the Raider for another Dread. Now I usually support the raider, but your list is in desperate need for troops!

Just my 2 cents :sleep:

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
My army is now and forever will be a pure grey knights army i was wondering what you thought.
1850 pts.
HQ-Grand master and 9 retinue 1 w/ Incinerator 145, 61, 46*8
HQ-Brother-captian Stern and 9 retinue 1 w/ Psycannon 141, 71, 46*8
Heavy Support-Dreadnought w/ Las. and Power F. 145
Heavy Support-Land Raider (not crusader) 250
Total: 1850+Upgrades
i was thinkin about gettin a crusader or should i get a dreadnought for my last heavy support. also what in this army should i use in a 1000 pt game?
Ouch. Very, very heavy on the.. well, Elite stuff.

I'd recommend, really, dropping one of your HQ's... as well as the retinue. Drop the other's retinue to maybe 5 models, so a unit of 6, with a Psycannon.

Then, get some more standard GK. You'll need them, believe me. Some FAGK will do you good, and some larger squads.

The Land Raider is soaking up a lot of points - the Crusader is a better buy, but I'd leave them both at home in exchange for another Dread or two, or a Dread and some more GK's.

In a pure GK list, you're always going to be outnumbered (well, almost always) - you're really going to need more standard GK's than you think. Don't overdo it on Terminators and big vehicles, such as Land Raiders.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
943 Posts
when you say 1850 points + upgrades, does that mean that your base cost for units is 1850 and you have upgrades, because you can only have 1850 completely. also if you want that many terminators split them into 4 units (plasma cannons and demolisher cannons can take a fpourth of your army in 10 seconds

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lost Nemesis said:
Ouch. Very, very heavy on the.. well, Elite stuff.

I'd recommend, really, dropping one of your HQ's... as well as the retinue. Drop the other's retinue to maybe 5 models, so a unit of 6, with a Psycannon.

Then, get some more standard GK. You'll need them, believe me. Some FAGK will do you good, and some larger squads.

The Land Raider is soaking up a lot of points - the Crusader is a better buy, but I'd leave them both at home in exchange for another Dread or two, or a Dread and some more GK's.

In a pure GK list, you're always going to be outnumbered (well, almost always) - you're really going to need more standard GK's than you think. Don't overdo it on Terminators and big vehicles, such as Land Raiders.
Dude i here wat yer sayin but the fact is i had 10 Gk fight a few squads of guardsmen and i was annialated they had krak and plasma and boom they were dead. Also i will get another dread wen i get $ but crusaders are pointless to use because all my vehicles need to be anti-tank or else i wont have any anti-tank stuff. And i dont have any elites

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orkimedes41792 said:
when you say 1850 points + upgrades, does that mean that your base cost for units is 1850 and you have upgrades, because you can only have 1850 completely. also if you want that many terminators split them into 4 units (plasma cannons and demolisher cannons can take a fpourth of your army in 10 seconds
wat i mean is that my guys alone are 1850 and if i add in psychic powers or upgrades it would increase. and plasma cannon and demolishers suck againts my guys.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
Dude i here wat yer sayin but the fact is i had 10 Gk fight a few squads of guardsmen and i was annialated they had krak and plasma and boom they were dead. Also i will get another dread wen i get $ but crusaders are pointless to use because all my vehicles need to be anti-tank or else i wont have any anti-tank stuff. And i dont have any elites
I can't really understand the first part of this post real well, to be honest. You mean your 10 GK killed a squad of Guardsmen? I think a squad of three GK could do that. Guardsmen aren't anything special, especially in CC. If the Guardsmen killed your squad, well, they got extremely lucky. As for those grenades... krak grenades only effect vehicles. Plasma (?) grenades effect cover, but I thought they were limited to Eldar... hm.

Crusaders aren't pointless, and I was just suggesting it as an alternative. Assault Cannons can almost be just as good, if not better (sometimes) anti-tank than a Lascannon. However, what I meant by "Elite" stuff was simply that - the elite, and most expensive, elements of your army.

Such as your two HQ's and their large retinues. And that Land Raider. They soak up a giant amount of points that could otherwise be spent on getting some more Troops and FAGK and making a slightly more effective list.

They were just suggestions, however. mEGALO, though, has the right of it - please work on your typing, spelling, and grammar. It's forum, not a chat - you don't have to type fast. You can take the time to go back over your post and correct any mistakes you see. It's better for us to correct you than for a mod to, forcefully. It is breaking the rules, a bit, so you need to try and work on it.

Thanks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts