Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I have played tyranids for a long time, i have seen the different trends in the play style, and i always find my heart longing for the mindless charging wave of tyranids typically shown in fluff and artwork. Now, this list does not embody the mass attack strategy, but it does use the head long charge tactic. lets be clear, im not really expecting to win with this list, like ever, but thinking outside the box, help me quirk it to really do as much damage as possible. Thanks!!

HQ:
Hive Tyrant Thunder-- venom cannon,scything talons, extended carapace, toxin sacs; 2 tyrant guards-- 245

Hive Tyrant Lightning-- 2x talons, warpfield, toxin sacs, wings-- 178

Elite:
Thrasherfex-- 2x scything talons,adrenal glands (i and ws)-- 111

Thrasherfex-- twinlinked devourers, scything talons,adrenal glands (i and ws)-- 113

Thrasherfex-- twinlinked devourers, scything talons,adrenal glands (i and ws)-- 113

Troops:
6 Ripper Swarms-- toxin sacs, leaping-- 102

Fast Attack:
4 Ripper Swarms-- wings, toxin sacs-- 92

4 Ripper Swarms-- wings, toxin sacs-- 92

Heavy Support:
Rhinofex-- barbed strangler, scything talons, tusked, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, adrenal glands (i and WS),-- 173

Rhinofex-- venom cannon, scything talons, tusked, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, adrenal glands (i and WS)-- 183

Rhinofex-- crusher claws, scything talons, tusked, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, adrenal glands (i and WS), scything tail-- 183

Total 1799 Models: 36, wounds: 115

Now obviously Im not going to be shooting a whole lot with this list, infact the only reason i added the warp blast in was for a slight bit of tank busting on the way into combat (especially with Lightning). The basic plan is to use the winged tyrant and rippers to trap and bog down targets, while they are stuck in combat my carnifex will march up field and smash whatever they catch to pieces. Of course the main problem is getting my carnifex across the board (which takes liek 3 turns) and into combat without my opponent simply running away from them. The leaping rippers help with this, hopefully my opponent over looks my special charge range and gets trapped a turn early into combat, which leaves them wide open for a crazy charge from either my rhinofex (up to 9 str 9 attacks on charge or more with tail!) or a charge from my lighter, but still nasty thrasherfex (5 attacks on charge). All the while my lumbering HT, thunder, will make his way up field with his two friends, hoping to punch into combat like his larger carnifex brothers.

I said before i really dont think this list can win, but is it even worth trying? will these babies make it to combat using my catch and hold method? or will they just mosey around field for 5 turns? need advice/feedback! thanks!

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
I don't play Nids, but if i was to go against that list I might need 911 on the ready, that is just too many fexes for anyone to completely stop and kill. I don't think you would win often w/ it, but when a fex gets into combat, its pretty hard to stop and the way you are running them super deadly too. I think it would be really fun to play, and a real nail biter for the opponent to keep those things out of combat let alone the rippers!

·
663 Posts
Playable...Yes
Wining...Not likly
Fun...Yes

My oppinion to imprive the list is ditch the EC on the Rippers, too much has AP 5 any way. Also I thought that crushing claws were great till some one did the math and showed that is the same attacks as a set of Sything talons. I hate chance so i son't use them.

Also You can't put EC on a flying Nid, so use the WF instead on the Tyrant. Pluse I think that two Flying Tyrants would help your stratagy more then a walker.

Thats all i can think of, Happy Hunting.

·
Blood Axe
526 Posts
well, since having 2 is illegal, keep it as is. The biggest problem with your list is everything lumbers forward 6" and is never a threat until it gets stuck in. You either need to add more speedy elements, or bump up the amount of firepower you can bring to bear, as the very fact that you have just stompy carnifices pigeonholes the enemy into one role: stay as far away from you for as long as possible and start plugging away at you, hoping to win enough VPs to take you out by game's end. Without any losses to speak of on their side, they will start felling your monsters. On objective missions I also see you getting frustrated as you'll have to split them up, where they'll then be killed piecemeal.

If you want a lot of stompy marching towards the enemy, take an Ork Dred Mob army. It's less shooting than a dakkafex heavy Nidzilla list, but you can throw down a ton of walkers, most of whom will be marching forwards instead of hanging back.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My real issue with the shootyfex idea is that everyone that runs nidzilla throws in 3 fex with "BS,VC, ES, etc etc etc" it is so boring!

My only option with my elite fex, shooting wise, for the points is twin devourer. That does not look nearly as cool as 2x scything talons!

However, as dead set as i am on playing combat only nids, i recognize that games wont be fun if most of my big slugs never do anything! so im willing to edit and post up a new list, with some shooting added. but im warning you! no x3 shooty fex allowed!

editted list up!

but it really saddens me to lose all my close combat goodness for the exchange of shooting.

·
663 Posts
I enjoy a CC Nids army as well but the Fex is not the way to do it. The littler bugs do CC much better the the Fex and for less points. You don't have to get rid of all your CC Fexes, I've used one on occation and it was very useful as players that don't have experiance playing Nids will avoid it like the plague and shoot at it alot. If you keep it cheap then all the better.

You also don't need put alot into shooting, My nids hafve maybe 5 units that are for shooting out of the 11 or 12 units i use.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
in the past i have run strict CC list with zero shooting (except thropes).

I wanted to load up on TMCs and run a CC nidzilla list to see if it was viable. and even though winning isnt my main goal for this type of list, if my boys arent even going to see combat then i dont really want to bother.

edit! abandoning this idea for another all CC army check new list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.