36 Warriors
Fast Attack-108pts
9 Scarab swarms
Heavy Support-290pts
1 Monolith
1 Tomb Spyder
Total: 1841pts
47 Necrons-Phase out at 12

Im playing against Tyranids. Feel free to give advice(preferably constructive advice).
And this is everything that i have so i cant really change anything.
And some questions:
1. How should i group my Warriors and scarabs?
2. Should i deep strike my monolith?
3. Can anything actually harm my nightbringer and monolith?
4. Any ideas of how to deploy my army?

·
Registered
235 Posts
well i dont know that much about crons, but i can give you advice to question 3
there isnt much that can kill your nightbringer but a cc hive tyrant and a vc carnie can hurt it
the carnifex would be more dangerous as it would negate your save and is high strength. a monolith can be taken out by genestealers and zoanthropes as well as a carnifex

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
carnifex would be more dangerous as it would negate your save and is high strength
The Nightbringer has a Invulnerable save therefore it does not negate the Nightbringers save.

First of all, I usually woudn't take both a Nightbringer and a Monolith in under a 2000 pt game because it really hurts your phase out but you can if you want. Now for your list.

HQ-555pts
1 Nightbringer
1 Necron Lord (RO,LF,GOF,Phylactery)
I would drop all the Necron Lords wargear and give him a VoD and Resserection Orb. This can help you stay out of CC. Put the Necron Lord with your Immortals and teleport around shooting main targets. If they get in CC with you simply teleport out of CC and then shoot him again.

Elites-240pts
6 Immortals
4 Flayed ones
Take out the 4 Flayed Ones to and with those points add more Immortals. Your Flayed Ones will get ripped apart in CC against the Tyranids anyway.

Troops-648pts
36 Warriors
This is good. A nice solid base of Necrons to prevent phase.

Fast Attack-108pts
9 Scarab swarms
Split these up into 3 squads of 3 and use them to tie up gaunts/hormagaunts/genestealers/anything else that is threatening your lines of warriors. This will prevent them from assaulting you which will help a lot.

Heavy Support-290pts
1 Monolith
1 Tomb Spyder
Keep your tomb sypder with your necrons for a counter-charge unit and to help survivability. Use the Monilith to teleport your Warriors out of CC.

1. How should i group my Warriors and scarabs?
Group your warriors into 3 squads of 12. Keep them around your Monolith so they can teleport out of CC. Keep your scarabs in 3 squads of 3 to tie up units in CC.

2. Should i deep strike my monolith?
I'd probally jsut keep them Monolith on the board so it can teleport the Warriors around without the chance it will be stuck in reserves.

3. Can anything actually harm my nightbringer and monolith?
Yes many of the Tyranid weapons can and a tooled up Hive Tyrant will give your Nightbringer a match in CC. Be carefull and try to weaken it first. Beware of Genestealers.

4. Any ideas of how to deploy my army?
Set your warriors around the Monolith to teleport them around. Use the Necron Lord to teleport the Immortals around. Set up the scarabs as far forward as possible to tie up squads. Set up the Tomb Spyder by your lines so it can counter-charge. Send the Nightbringer up and use it to kill any large threat in CC.

Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts