Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forward Kommander
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ran a similar list against a 'nid list last weekend, thus ending my WH 40k drought (somewhere around 2 years). Now I'm looking to get my Guard back in fighting shape, and this list is what I've come up with. A word of warning: there are no vets for a reason, I want to run something vaguely different from the 'normal' guard lists crowding the scene. Also, my LRBT's are assembled and painted with 3 Heavy Bolters, so I'm going to run with that unless someone convinces me to run Demolishers instead :sinister:

HQ
  • Command Squad 65
    -Regimental Standard

Elites
  • 5 Storm Troopers 105
    -2 Meltaguns
    Airborne Assault

Troops 635
  • Infantry Platoon 'Fox' 365
    Platoon Command
    -4 Flamers
    Chimera

Squad A
    -Autocannon
    -Grenade Launcher

Squad B
    -Autocannon
    -Grenade Launcher

Squad C
    -Autocannon
    -Grenade Launcher

Squad D
    -Autocannon
    -Grenade Launcher

• Infantry Platoon 'Easy' 270
    Platoon Command
    -4 Flamers
    Chimera

Squad A
    -Commissar
    -Plasma Gun

Squad B
    -Plasma Gun
    Most likely combined, but I have the option to run them otherwise if the situation presents itself

Fast Attack 390
  • Devil Dog 130
    -Hull Heavy Flamer
    -Dozer Blade

• Devil Dog 130
    -Hull Heavy Flamer
    -Dozer Blade

• Vendetta

Heavy Support 655
  • Squadron 340
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    -3 Heavy Bolters
    Leman Russ Battle Tank
    -3 Heavy Bolters

• Demolisher
    -Hull Heavy Flamer

• 2 Griffons
    -Hull Heavy Flamers

Total Pts: 1850
Troopers: 81
Tanks: 10

I'm a little light on troops for my regular list (I usually average around 110 infantry models), but at the same time I have more armour on the table.

·
Forward Kommander
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comment Non Marine Player. I'm just not sure if there's too much armour in this list, I've considered droping the Vend / Devil Dogs / one of the LRMBT's for some more troops as I feel slightly out-gunned only bringing six infantry squads and only four with heavy weapons.

Any thoughts on the best way to get points for more heavy weapon squads in this list?

·
Oh No! Not Him Again!
779 Posts
Keep the 'russes, maybe loose the devil dogs (fun, but you want range on this list), that frees up 260 points, thats enough for about 3 heavy weapon squads or 3 more infantry squads with H weapons.

Alternatively, you could take a normal russ out of the squadron as well, freeing up 170 more points, maybe fit another platoon in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally, I think the list looks pretty good. You will have to find a style to play it that suits you, but with 2 Devil Dogs, a Vendetta, and a DS squad of Melta-troopers, I think you have some decent Anti Armour.

Imo, I think dropping the Plasma from the two lline squads in favor of Grenade launchers would work better in your favor. The Chance of killing yourself when shooting means you could lose the units only special weapon. If you swapped down for a Grenade launcher, you could feed both of those "plasma squads with" auto cannons as well as grenade launchers.

If the "plasma" squads are ment to run around, then I would suggest flamers, and then, giving your CCS a couple of weapons, or a Heavy weapon to Help out.

Just my opinion though. I currently run a 31 man blob with Plasma/AutoCannon (commissar is 31st) and have great success with it, only bad thing is that Plasma can kill itself lol.. so it can be tricky.. but I am running with a Plasma Theme :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts