Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another one of my "spur of the moment" lists. Follows Biel Tan rules.

HQ

Farseer- pistol, witchblade, runes of witnessing, fortune, ghosthelm.

Troops

Banshee Squad 1- Exarch w/ powerblades, 8 Banshees. Wave Serpent w/ twin-lances, spirit stones.

Banshee Squad 2- Exarch w/ powerblades, 8 Banshees. Wave Serpent w/ twin-lances, spirit stones.

Scorpion Squad 1- Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw, 5 Scorpions

Heavy

(Scorpions ride in):

Falcon 1- holo-field, spirit stones, starcannon.

Falcon 2- holo-field, spirit stones, starcannon.

Falcon 3- holo-field, spirit stones, starcannon, vectored engines.

Elite

Vyper w/ brightlance.

Vyper w/ starcannon.

I had a few pts left. Hence the 2 ghosthelms and the vectored engines. Not much else to spend the pts on. The farseer's ride with the banshees to help them out. Scorpions ride in the Falcons. Basically im looking for a highly mobile, assault oriented force to take all comers.

Reactions: Arizzar

·
1,249 Posts
numberofthebeastxxx said:
Another one of my "spur of the moment" lists. Follows Biel Tan rules.

HQ

These are good. ghost helm is optional, but you mentioned that.

Troops

Banshee Squad 1- Exarch w/ powerblades, 8 Banshees. Wave Serpent w/ twin-lances, spirit stones.

Banshee Squad 2- Exarch w/ powerblades, 8 Banshees. Wave Serpent w/ twin-lances, spirit stones.
Use executioner instead of powerblades. Wounding on 2+ vs. normal troops and 3+ vs. Meqs is priceless.

Unfortunately these are too small. I'd probably go ahead and drop a falcon (number 3) and maybe a Vyper to fill these out and give 'em stealth.

Heavy

(Scorpions ride in):

Falcon 1- holo-field, spirit stones, starcannon.

Falcon 2- holo-field, spirit stones, starcannon.

Falcon 3- holo-field, spirit stones, starcannon, vectored engines.

Fast

Vyper w/ brightlance.

Vyper w/ starcannon.

I had a few pts left. Hence the 2 ghosthelms and the vectored engines. Not much else to spend the pts on. The farseer's ride with the banshees to help them out. Scorpions ride in the Falcons. Basically im looking for a highly mobile, assault oriented force to take all comers.
Vypers are elite for Biel-Tan, not fast. Other than that these look good.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's either the 3 Scorpion squads (above), or 2 squads of 9 (including exarch). Unless, like you mentioned, I drop a falcon and such to make 3 full sized squads. Which is a better choice?

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
I think, people might cry cheese at this list though, that might be it's tragic flaw. 2x Falcons in a 1500 army is cheese and just having 3x in general might cry cheese. If you can ignore all the cheese-graders then I think its a fine list. You lack in diversity though so maybe you could free up some points and switch 1x Scorp squad for Fire Dragons or something. Again, the only problem I see with this list is the tagging of cheese but hey, it's better than having 3 Wraithlords :)

·
1,249 Posts
Two squads of scorpions at 9 a piece w/ stealth would be okay, but they really need stealth. Might consider dropping a Vyper to cover the costs of upgrading them, that should allow you to get both of the squads a last man as well. That would probably work out alright.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I noticed that you have no means of penetrating an annointed land raider(ignores the lance rule). Giving some haywires to your scorpions could solve this problem if you expect to play against space marines(you should always expect to play against space marines).

·
1,249 Posts
Only the Black Templars can take the annointed upgrade on a raider. I don't really think spending 30 points on an upgrade that you're probably not going to need is really worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts