Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 1850 pt black templar drop pod list. just trying this out. Let me know what you think, and any suggestions for improvement:

HQ- 880

Emperors champion - 90
accept any challenge - 50
total - 140

Master of sanctity - 110
terminator honors - 15
bolt pistol - 1
frags - 1

Squad - 253
9 marines - 144
frags - 9
2x plasma guns - 20
Company champion - 20
Seargent w/t-honors and powerfist - 30
Drop pod - 30

Master of sanctity - 110
terminator honors - 15
bolt pistol - 1
frags - 1

Squad - 253
9 marines - 144
frags - 9
2x plasma guns - 20
Company champion - 20
Seargent w/t-honors and powerfist - 30
Drop pod - 30

Elites: 365

Dreadnaught - 105
drop pod - 30
total - 135

Terminators
5 terminators - 200
drop pod - 30
total 230

Troops - 442

10 initiates w/frags - 170
power fist - 15
plasma gun - 6
drop pod - 30
total -221

10 initiates w/frags - 170
power fist - 15
plasma gun - 6
drop pod - 30
total -221

Fast attack: 160

2 landspeeders - 100 (seperate squads)
1 assault cannons - 60

total of 1847 pts. 55 models, 6 drop pods. Suggestions loved.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Its against the forum rules to post points costs, you can state overall costs for the units, but not of specific units and upgrades. edit it..

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I thought empopers champions operated as independant characters. as in doesnt need a squad. so he doesnt need a 'place', if im not mistaken. although i dont claim to know much about Black templars

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
So he going to start his HQ on the table, with no squad to protect him? Or any transport vehicel?

Hes going going to be killed by some fast vehicel, who runs up a takes a pot shot at him. Easy 140 victory points.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You can choose to have your Independent Characters to join and leave units however they want but not more than one Ind.Char in each squad.

Have one Ind.Char in one squad that he can't leave unless it is all destroyed.

Have two Ind.Chars in one squad which they can't leave.

So this allows you to have for example an EC in a squad.

Maybe this isn't excaclty as written in the codex but it is something like that. :yes:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kills said:
You can choose to have your Independent Characters to join and leave units however they want but not more than one Ind.Char in each squad.

Have one Ind.Char in one squad that he can't leave unless it is all destroyed.

Have two Ind.Chars in one squad which they can't leave.

So this allows you to have for example an EC in a squad.

Maybe this isn't excaclty as written in the codex but it is something like that. :yes:
It's nothing at all like what's in the codex. Independant characters may join units during the game or during deployment by moving within 2" of the unit and declaring that they are joining. Similarly, they may leave a unit during their movement phase simply by declaring that they are no longer within the unit. (I admit, I could just be assuming that declaration is sufficient. It's possible that if you are within 2", you are part of the squad... I've never seen it played that way though.)

The Emperor's Champion's rule is poorly worded. I believe the correct interpretation is that he may not take a command squad, but may join units as any other independant character would. If you consider that he has crusader seals, and some of the wording on his challenge rules, they are only relevent if it's possible for him to join a unit.

This of course means it's illegal for him to join a drop pod squad, which blows if you want to make a drop pod force. You need a good portion of your force starting on the table unless you just want to pay the EC tax. One or two drop pods can work well for Templars, but a heavily dropped force doesn't seem to mesh well.

-----
Something constructive.
-----

Of course, this only matters if you're playing tournaments or with people that are anal about the rules. There's nothing particularly wrong about simply letting the EC hop into a drop pod with another squad, as long as there's room. If you're playing friendly games with friendly people that are your friends, I'd drop one of your initiates and make room for the champion.

Are your initiates carrying bolters or BP/CCWs?

You should really consider getting rid of some plasma for melta. As it is you have very little in the way of tank busting. I'd only keep the plasma at all if you're planning on some of your squads being shooty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts