Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering starting a BA army in the future and this is me planning it out. I've never actually played this army so if I'm making any obvious mistakes let me know. I was sad not being able to put in terminators and a landraider but those things combined are just too many points. Also sad to lose out on the death company or any of the awesome HQ choices but I couldn't find the space. Thoughts?

(HQ: 1)

1x Reclusiarch
-Power Fist

(Elite: 2)

1x Furioso Dreadnought
-Frag Cannon, Melta Gun, Magna-Grapple
-Drop Pod

10x Sternguard Veteran
-Melta Gun, Melta Bombs, Combi-Melta
-Drop Pod

(Troops: 3)

5x Assault Marine
-Flamer, Melta Bombs
-Razorback (TL Plasma Gun, Lascannon)

5x Assault Marine
-Flamer, Melta Bombs
-Razorback (TL Plasma Gun, Lascannon)

10x Assault Marine
-Flamer x2, Melta Bombs
-Drop Pod

(Fast Attack: 2)

2x Baal Predator
-Heavy Bolter Sponsoons

(Heavy Support: 3)

1x Whirlwind
-Whirlwind Multiple Missle Launcher

2x Predator
-Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsoons

·
1,249 Posts
The rumor mill has blood angels due for a codex update before the end of the year. I wouldn't commit to such a large purchase with that looming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, so I've heard. I'll be waiting for the codex before buying but I'd still like some advice on the list if anyone has any.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
It's a solid mechanized list. With the current Codex, it's generally worth your while to invest a little in close combat; we've got the buffs anyway, many other armies have given up on CC and Pod squads tend to get stuck in. Put the Reclusiarch in the Pod ASM squad (drop a flamer grunt) and give his powerfist to the sergeant. That lets your Warlord take challenges while sarge crunches the grunts. (He can take a combi-flamer with no penalty to make up for being a 9-man squad.)

Alternatively, trade in a Razorback for a jump squad or a Predator for a Dreadnought. You have enough mechanized dakka and, without some CC assist, the enemy can rush in and make easier Predator kills with krak grenades.

Such are the strengths of our current Codex.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to take the advice for the 10 man squad, tossed out an assault marine, put the reclusiarch with them (which I planned on doing anyways but didn't realize only 10 guys could fit in a pod). I'm putting the power fist on the sgt as well, I like that idea, although it costs me 10 extra points. The whole thing lets me snag some extra melta guns for the sternguard.

I like the idea of more cc, but I feel like loosing one of those two things would not be worth it. One of the players I'll be up against the most is AM, so I know there will be Leman Russ tanks. He'll be careless the first few times and let me sternguard jump in on them but after that I'll never get a clear drop zone and I'll have to rely on long range to get rid of them. Losing those lascannons would not be healthy imo unless I could replace them with another unit that can reliably take out tanks each game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts