Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi thanks for reading. i am still new to forums and such so if i did anything wrong please let me know. thanks for the comments.

Hq

Lord commissar 105
Power fist
Plasma pistol
Carapace

Troops

Infantry platoon

Command 110
4 meltas

infantry squad 50

infantry squad 50

infantry squad 50

infantry squad 50

infantry squad 50

50 conscripts 200

special wep squad 80
3 plasma guns

heavy wep squad 105
3 lascannons

heavy wep squad 105
3 lascannons

veterens 125
power fist
plasma pistol
3 meltas

fast attack
vendetta 130
hellfury missles

heavy support

leman russ 150

leman russ demolisher 165

ordnance battery 325
2 basilisks
griffon

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Hiya mate. I give you my pennies worth anyway.

HQ: Now i like Commissar Lords and you've kitted him out pretty much how i would do. But i'm generally a fluff man. In a normal game these guys are just to expensive.
You can get a whole Company command squad. With Carapace, a powerfist and a plasma pistol, and a melta gun for the same points as this guy. And the Company Command can give orders........ But it's up to you.

TROOPS. Platoon Command with 4 melta guns is only 70pts.... 4 Meltas is a bit over the top. Especially when they don't have a transport to go and actually do something. They'll just be shot to ribbons before the enemy get near.

Naked infantry will never acheive anything. Massed Lasgun fire with the FRFSRF order is fun but wont reliably kill anything. Chuck in some heavy weapons and some special weapons into these units to give you a nice solid firebase. The Special weapon squads i'd break up and put their special weapons into the line squads. 6 guardsmen with 3 plasma guns are just not going to last any time at all.

I'm not a fan of conscripts. If you're after a blob to go annoy the enemy and capture objectives, A normal merged Guard Platoon is less likely to run away and can have sergeants armed with powerweapons. You can also chuck in cheap flamers and grenade launchers.

The vets are ok. Powerfists are cool but a plasma pistol is a bit of a liability on a 1 wound model. I'd loose it and put the points towards getting a Democharge for this squad.

FAST: Vendettas are cool but i wouldn't take the Missiles. They're one shot and they're only BS3. They're not blast either. Keep the lascannons. I'm asuming your vets are going inside this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for all te comments here are the changes

Hq

company command 105
carapce
melta
melta
plama gun
master of ordanance
Troops

Infantry platoon

Command 50
4 gl

infantry squad 60
melta

infantry squad 60
melta

infantry squad 60
melta

infantry squad 55
gl

infantry squad 55
gl

heavy wep squad 105
3 lascannons

heavy wep squad 105
3 lascannons

infantry platoon

command squad 50
4 gl

infantry squad 50

infantry squad 65
plasma

infantry squad 65
plasma

infantry squad 55
gl

veterens 110
power fist
3 meltas

fast attack
vendetta 130

heavy support

leman russ 150

leman russ demolisher 165

ordnance battery 325
2 basilisks
griffon

thanks for the comments lord borak. also 3 points under. so you think the gl's were a good choice i could remove them and put in auto cannons or something. but i would have to buy them :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts