Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to change my last list to new kinda shooting list inspired by Mvbrandt
HQ-348
2x1 Hive Tyrant- enhanced senses, adreanal glands (WS),flesh hooks,toxin sacs, 2xtl devourer and one tryant guard-174pts

Elite-342
3x3 Warriors-enhanced senses,extended carapace,toxin sacs,tl devourer -114pts

Troops-488
2x20 spinegaunts-100pts
3x6 genestealers-96pts

Fast-224
2x1 raveners- scything talons and rending claws-40pts
1-12 gargolyes 144pts

Heavy Support-447
3x1 Fex- enhanced senses,venom cannon, barbed strangler,flesh hooks-149pts

1849pts
wounds 113
devourer shots per turn
str 5- 24 shots
str 4- 36 shots
total dev shots-60 shots
plus
12 str 4 fleshborer shots
40 str 3 spinefist shots
3 str 8 barbed strangler shots
6 srt 10 venom cannon shots
and
non charging 44 rending attacks

I will play this army in the store tournment this coming weekend and let you guys know how it went.
8X

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have decided to change my last list to new kinda shooting list inspired by Mvbrandt
HQ-348
2x1 Hive Tyrant- enhanced senses, adreanal glands (WS),flesh hooks,toxin sacs, 2xtl devourer and one tryant guard-174pts why the ws upgrade?

Elite-342
3x3 Warriors-enhanced senses,extended carapace,toxin sacs,tl devourer -114pts devourers heer are not twin linked

Troops-488
2x20 spinegaunts-100pts think about fleshborers here
3x6 genestealers-96pts these guys are toast with out extended carapace (no save vs. bolters!)
Fast-224
2x1 raveners- scything talons and rending claws-40pts
1-12 gargolyes 144pts expect these guys to be gone 1st- 2nd turn.. the only thing they have going for them is the bio plasm

Heavy Support-447
3x1 Fex- enhanced senses,venom cannon, barbed strangler,flesh hooks-149pts I like these guys.. but think about maybe dropping one and adding 3 zoans... thats an extra 3 strong shots!

1849pts
wounds 113
devourer shots per turn
str 5- 24 shots
str 4- 36 shots
total dev shots-60 shots
plus
12 str 4 fleshborer shots
40 str 3 spinefist shots
3 str 8 barbed strangler shots
6 srt 10 venom cannon shots
and
non charging 44 rending attacks

I will play this army in the store tournment this coming weekend and let you guys know how it went.
8X
right on

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reponse.

why the ws upgrade?
I had 8pts left over that is all.

devourers heer are not twin linked
I am not sure what you mean here. I purchase two guns of same type so that makes them twin linked.

think about fleshborers here
I did not have the points for fleshbores plus their job was to tie up troops. To keep them off my shooting tyranids

these guys are toast with out extended carapace (no save vs. bolters!)
Yep some bolter rape going to happen but I had played it both ways and not seen huge difference maybe because I suck on rolling saves.

expect these guys to be gone 1st- 2nd turn.. the only thing they have going for them is the bio plasm
I usually hide them until I need them or I go for flank but sometimes they died fast like you said.
I
like these guys.. but think about maybe dropping one and adding 3 zoans... thats an extra 3 strong shots!
I used zoanthropes before with mixed results. I usally need them for nothing else syanpse but I have 9 warriors and 2 hive tyrants so I think I am good there.

Thanks for the comments you had some good insight on my list.8Y
bonekrusher

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
I like your list, and you are correct in that buying two devourers makes them twin-linked on your warriors.

I would consider swapping the gargoyles for more raveners. I would also recommend toxic miasma on the tyrants instead of WS ... similar cost, but more valuable for buddies in same combat (troops attacking or being attacked by = -1ws).

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like your list, and you are correct in that buying two devourers makes them twin-linked on your warriors.

I would consider swapping the gargoyles for more raveners. I would also recommend toxic miasma on the tyrants instead of WS ... similar cost, but more valuable for buddies in same combat (troops attacking or being attacked by = -1ws).
i guess i just read page 37 in the codex wrong. it says if a warrior has 2 ranged weapons it can only fire one per turn. It should say 2 differnet weapons... but yeah i agree ..2 of the same weapon means its twin linked. 8Y

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank for the response Mvbrabdt . I have only two raveners for now. I am trying to get some more down the road probably another four but for today it is two (lol). I agree on toxic miasma it cost couple more points and I do not have enough to give it to both hive tryants without changng something.

Anyway I am look forward to this weekend to see how this army does in three games.:party2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
This would be a true "devourer doom" army if it dakka fexes instead of warriors, i personally would prefer them over warriors. But they almost cost the exact same amount so its your choice. I'd also drop a guard on a tyrant and give him wings and warp field (you cant give it EC). Its hard to get wings though...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This would be a true "devourer doom" army if it dakka fexes instead of warriors, i personally would prefer them over warriors. But they almost cost the exact same amount so its your choice. I'd also drop a guard on a tyrant and give him wings and warp field (you cant give it EC). Its hard to get wings though...
I am currently working on changing my hive tryant to flying one but it is not done yet. In past they would let me proxy the flying with piece paper on the base saying it was flying(lol). So I will stop doing that until I get my Hive tryant done(hehe). On the machine gun fex verus the warriors for some reason they get annoy they start call my army chesse, but when I run warriors that way nobody cares(go figure). I might still change out one to the machine gun fex.

Anyway thanks for all the support on my list.:ballon:
bonekrusher

·
Charitably Tables People
1,500 Posts
Warriors get more shots, statistically they do the anti-infantry job better. I broke that down somewhere in another thread.

In addition, they tend to not draw fire. If you've got a bunch of monstrous and a few gaunts, people seem to more easily recognize the need to focus fire on the close range MC's, then the gaunts, and put speed bump units in the way of the gaunts meantime.

The warriors tend to get ignored, while they shoot down the gaunts and take pot-shots at the less dangerous sniperfexes. It's weird how psychology of opponent changes based on your army comp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.