Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-i do not play nids much, but i was thinking of all the nid units, that are just really good for their points, and it occured to me that i could make an army entirely consisting of them, so i did. please tell me how this is, as it's only the second nid list that i have ever created. i played it once against a nasty slanesh list, and lost, but not by much.

HQ
-tyrant, toxin sacs, 2 sything talons, winged, warp field=178
-broodlord, toxin sacs=80
-8 genestealer retinue, extended carapace=160

Elites
3 lictors=240
3 warriors, sything talons, rending claws, toxin sacs, both adrenal glands, leaping, extended carapace=114
3 warriors, sything talons, rending claws, toxin sacs, both adrenal glands, leaping, extended carapace=114

Troops
30 spineguants=150
31 spineguants=155
31 spineguants=155

Heavy Support
Carnifex, enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon=168
Carnifex, enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon=168

total= 1850

·
Registered
122 Posts
tiaxrulesall said:
-i do not play nids much, but i was thinking of all the nid units, that are just really good for their points, and it occured to me that i could make an army entirely consisting of them, so i did. please tell me how this is, as it's only the second nid list that i have ever created. i played it once against a nasty slanesh list, and lost, but not by much.

HQ
-tyrant, toxin sacs, 2 sything talons, winged, warp field
-broodlord, toxin sacs
-8 genestealer retinue, extended carapace

Elites
3 lictors
3 warriors, sything talons, rending claws, toxin sacs, both adrenal glands, leaping, extended carapace
3 warriors, sything talons, rending claws, toxin sacs, both adrenal glands, leaping, extended carapace

Troops
30 spineguants
30 spineguants
30 spineguants

Heavy Support
Carnifex, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, barbed strangler, venom cannon

total= 1853
To be honest, I only see one flaw in this armor. You do not need to give the Carnifexes toxin sacs. I will explain why. A). They will almost never see combat with this configuration. 2). The Barbed strangler has a max str of 8, which happens to be the str of the Cfex normally minus 1. D). The Venom cannon has a max str of 10, which happens to be the Cfex normally plus 2. Taking off the toxin sacs, is saving you 11 points per model of the CFexs. Thats 33 points total, thiry if you count the fact you are 3 points over. 30 points buys you 6more spinegaunts bringing you up to the max per squad of 32 each. Thats alot of gaunts. You could even split the squads of gaunts then into 6 squads of 16 each which maybe better in the fleet of claw area and blocking up firelanes which is what spinegaunts do rather well. Not to mention trying to squeeze 30+ gaunts in one squad along narrow cover hallways is near impossible.

·
Registered
943 Posts
If you take off the sacs off the fexes like tragedy said, you could actually make your 90 sspinegaunts into 4 units of 16 hormagaunts, your army will fexesS):w00t:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-i thought barbed strangler was strength of creature -2, thus for S8 BS's i would need toxin sacs.

-i actually prefer spine guants, as you can get twice as many of them, and guants only purpose is to bog down oponents in numbers

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
Lictors and gaunts are really good for their points? :p

I take 1 lictor in my army and I hate it. If the opponent doesn't have a hidden basilisk / whirlwind, it does nothing but take up 80 points.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-they provide incredible tacticle flexibility, being able to tie squads up for 2+ turns, taking out IC's and weak tanks, and generally wrecking havok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts