Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. My friends and I were fooling around w/lists tonight and I wrote up a chaos list for fun. Let me know what you think / where I botched things. Think it adds up to 1850 (the tourny standard in my area) might have been off a little one way or the other.

Huron Blackheart

Karn, the Betrayer

9 Berserkers (Huron goes here)
-Champ w/power fist
-Icon
-Rhino w/extra armor

9 Berzerkers (Karn goes here)
-Champ w/power fist
-Rhino w/extra armor

7 Possessed
-Champ
-Khorne Icon
-Rhino w/extra armor

7 Possessed
-Champ
-Khorne Icon
-Rhino w/extra armor

5 Havocs
-4 Autocannons

5 Havocs
-4 Autocannons

1 Greater Deamon

Pretty basic rhino rush. I'm smart enough to use the rhinos to control my opponents movement/lines of fire - the mobility will help in the tourny setting because we do a lot of extra points for claiming zones and objectives and what-not. I may be breaking a rule dropping Huron in the berzerker squad, but I couldn't find a rule that said I was and was too lazy to look any harder than I did =P. Heh, I play Tau usually, so this is a big leap for me =P.

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: They are both ok but both together may be a few too many points spent on HQ and your model count suffers. I would drop Huron I think.

Troops: Good squads. Many people use a power weapon to take advantage of the furious charge. Extra armour on rhinos should only be used if they are carrying expensive passengers and these squads certainly qualify.

Possessed: I'm afraid to say that they aren't worth the points for what you get. I would swap one for 10 CSMs in a rhino with 2 meltaguns and an unarmed champion (for the Daemon). You are also short of firepower to deal with heavy tanks so these would help. The other unit I might be tempted for more berserkers or some terminators teleporting onto icons in the rhinos.

Havocs: They no longer get tank hunter so have dificulty dealing with AV13+. Firstly you need some more bodies in the unit. perhapse 6-7 men with only 3 heavy weapons each would be better. Secondly you need a missile launcher or three either mixed in or all in one unit with AC in the other.
Predators with AC and 2LC may be better than these units. Otherwise all your opponent's AT firepower will go into your rhinos and you could find yourself foot slogging with more than half your army. This would also free up enough points for a single obliterator to deepstrike and provide multimelta firepower into the side armour of tanks.

Greater Daemon: Fantastic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Mad Cat. Tanks don't see much play in my area - they're kind of hard to use well in the tourny format we use, so I'm not too worried about the excess of auto cannons (they can really bring the hurt to almost everything but armor 13+), but I can see where you're coming from w/the possessed - replacing one squad w/CSM+2x meltas would be efficient, effective, and give me that extra protection vs. armor just in case. I'll rework the points w/the possessed dropped and see how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts