Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local 1850 Highlander Tournament coming up where I live and I was just looking for a little help/advice with my list(s). Just in case anyone is unfamiliar, Highlander rules state that only one unit of a particular model can be included in your army including dedicated transports. The first list is the one I am leaning towards but I also wanted to post the second one as an alternative. The idea with the second one being pretty much fielding MSU to overwhelm the opponent with targets. The tournament will be fairly objective heavy but there will most likely be a Purge the Alien round in which case the second list could really hurt me.

Anyway. Any thoughts anyone has on one list over the other or on the make up of each list individually would be appreciated. Thanks!

FIRST LIST

1848pts

HQ

Farseer -- Runes of witnessing, Singing spear The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, Eldar Jetbike (Warlord)

Spiritseer -- (Would be going with the Wraithguard in the Wave Serpent)

Warlock -- Witchblade, Eldar Jetbike (would be going with the Farseer and the Windriders)

Elites

Fire Dragons
····4x Fire Dragon
····Fire Dragon Exarch -- Fast Shot, Fusion Gun

Troops

Guardian Defenders
····10x Guardian, Platform with Bright lance

Windrider Jetbike Squadron -- 2x Windrider Guardian with Shuriken cannon, 4x Windrider Guardian with twin-linked Shuriken catapult

Wraithguard (305pts)
····Wave Serpent -- Holo-fields, Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers
····5x Wraithguard -- Wraithcannon

Fast Attack

Hornet Squadron
····Hornet -- Holo-field, 2x Pulse Laser

Swooping Hawks
····6x Swooping Hawk

Warp Spiders
····9x Warp Spider
····Warp Spider Exarch -- Fast Shot, Spinneret rifle

Heavy

Falcon -- Holo-fields, Pulse Laser, Scatter laser, Shuriken cannon

Wraithknight -- Two Heavy Wraithcannons

SECOND LIST

1848pts

HQ

Farseer -- Runes of witnessing, Singing spear The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, Eldar Jetbike (Warlord)

Warlock -- Witchblade, Eldar Jetbike (would be going with the Farseer and the Windriders)

Elites

Fire Dragons
····4x Fire Dragon
····Fire Dragon Exarch -- Fast Shot, Fusion Gun

Howling Banshees
····5x Howling Banshee
····Wave Serpent -- Holo-fields, Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon, Twin-linked scatter lasers

Striking Scorpions
····5x Striking Scorpion

Troops

Guardian Defenders
····10x Guardian, Platform with Bright lance

Rangers
····5x Ranger

Windrider Jetbike Squadron
····2x Windrider Guardian with Shuriken cannon, 4x Windrider Guardian with twin-linked Shuriken catapult

Fast Attack

Hornet Squadron

Swooping Hawks
····6x Swooping Hawk

Warp Spiders
····5x Warp Spider

Heavy

Falcon -- Holo-fields, Pulse Laser, Scatter laser, Shuriken cannon

Fire Prism -- Holo-fields, Prism cannon, Twin-linked shuriken catapults

Wraithknight -- Two Heavy Wraithcannons

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know. Who would've thought it would be that quick! But, I would assume it will still be preorder when it is released though, wouldn't you? The tournament is next weekend and I doubt I will have it in hand by then.

·
1,249 Posts
I probably wouldn't holofield the hornets. In fact i'd probably drop the warlock and the holofields for a third hornet if I had one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I probably wouldn't holofield the hornets. In fact i'd probably drop the warlock and the holofields for a third hornet if I had one.
Unfortunately I only have the two models. Would you drop those items for something else? Any other models I should try and bring? I was considering trying to find room for a War Walker or two.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would try to fit in a crimson hunter, perhaps even an exarch, and up grade the wraith knight to 300 point sun cannon shield version. walkers are god, and cheap for the points like 70 each for the BL&SL build I have a wraith lord and wraith guard sitting in boxes that i will probably trade for dire avengers, unless they get some serious love in the new codex.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would try to fit in a crimson hunter, perhaps even an exarch, and up grade the wraith knight to 300 point sun cannon shield version. walkers are god, and cheap for the points like 70 each for the BL&SL build I have a wraith lord and wraith guard sitting in boxes that i will probably trade for dire avengers, unless they get some serious love in the new codex.
Thanks for the suggestions! I actually bought some war walkers so I think I will try and fit those in. For the Crimson Hunter I think I might have to wait to see how they look in the new codex before I buy one.

·
1,249 Posts
Ya, war walkers are good. I wouldn't "upgrade" the wraith knight to sun cannon, eldar have a weakness in the long ranged anti-tank realm, and the wraithknight is very good for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts