Librarium Online Forums banner

[1850] Imperial Guard

544 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Triumph Of Man 
#1 ·
Doctrines
Independent Commissars, Close Order Drill, Iron Discipline, Drop Troops, Conscripts Platoon

Head Quarters 329
Command Squad
96 Senior Officer: Power Weapon, Medallion Crimson, Carapace, Trademarked Item, Iron
Discipline, Bolt Pistol
Four Guardsmen (Close Combat Weapons and Laspistols): Vet w/ Medipack, 25 Master
vox
Three Sanctioned Psykers
Commissar: Power Weapon, Carapace, Bolt Pistol

Support Squads
110 Fire Support Squad: Three Lascannons

Elites
130 Two Independent Commissars: Iron Discipline Trademark Item
120 Callidus Assassin

Troops
426 Platoon 1
Junior Officer: Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
Infantry Squad 1.1: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.2: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.3: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.4: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.5: Vox, Autocannon

431 Platoon 2
Infantry Squad 2.1: Vox, Autocannon
Infantry Squad 2.2: Vox, Autocannon
Infantry Squad 2.3: Vox, Misslile Launcher
Infantry Squad 2.4: Vox, Missile Launcher
Infantry Squad 2.5: Vox
120 Conscript Platoon (Thirty Men)

Fast Attack
174 Sentinal Squad: Lascannons, Smoke Launcher These guys will deep strike

Point Total: 1850

Thats 191 Troops
and 15 Heavy Weapons (Including Sentiles)

My Concerns:
-The Command Platoon may end up not having enough wounds. If he dies, then I lose the leadership ten that also gets me to regroup below 50 percent. Plus, they can't fight.

-I keep always thinking, as well as my frineds keep telling me, that one day the assassin will finally kill as much as hes worth. I have used an Assassin maybe three or four times before, each time he gets ripped to pieces after winning maybe... one assult. I have thought about using a deathwatch kill team. I can fairly easily make room for a maybe a five or six man squad.

-I'm not sure weather I have enough Anti-armour stuff.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry, but to get an assassin you need an inquisitor first.
So is it better an inquisitor, assassin and some cannon fodder or the deatwatch team?
I would say go for the deathwatch if you don't have a very cunning plan for your callidus.
More sorry: commissars aren't officers, they can't have iron disc. Give it to the junior officers instead, or upgrade two HBs to missile\autocannon if you want more anti tank.

#3 ·
actually commissars can take Officer Only items, i'd ditch the pyskers, they dont do much and if you want the officer for leader ship, than thats only another reason to ditch them, but thats just me. You do need an inquisitor to tkae the assassin, and you'd only be able to take an inquisitor lord. I love the conscripts, cannon fodder is super!

#4 ·
A couple of general points on the list.

Yes you need an Inquisitor.

Not enough Lascannons, I would put some in your troop squads

Unless you are doing it for fluff, drop the Psykers.

With no other armour on the field, the moment the Sentinals drop in, they will shoot and then die.

Your list is not mobile at all, so for certain games you will be at a large disadvantage.

You have no Special Weapons in your infantry squads - SW are a must IMO.

This list is fluffy, but I wouldn't want to win a tournament with it.

#5 ·
mist-man said:
Doctrines

Head Quarters 329
Command Squad
96 Senior Officer: Power Weapon, Medallion Crimson, Carapace, Trademarked Item, Iron
Discipline, Bolt Pistol
Four Guardsmen (Close Combat Weapons and Laspistols): Vet w/ Medipack, 25 Master
vox
Three Sanctioned Psykers
Commissar: Power Weapon, Carapace, Bolt Pistol
Senior officers are not cost effective, either go HSO or JO. Also drop all the upgrades and equipment on the officer bar Iron Discipline and the Power Weapon, then you will have something useful.

Medics are fairly useless, I would ditch him.

You can only have one of each advisor per squad, the three sanctioned psykers you have are illegal.

Drop the extra armoury crap on the Commissar, Powerfists are the best way to use him.

Elites
130 Two Independent Commissars: Iron Discipline Trademark Item
They can't take Iron Discipline. Yes, they can take "Officer only items" But Iron Discipline isn't an "Officer only item" It's an upgrade that may be purchased for an Officer. Believe me there is a difference.

Troops
426 Platoon 1
Infantry Squad 1.1: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.2: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.3: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.4: Vox, Heavy Bolter
Infantry Squad 1.5: Vox, Autocannon

431 Platoon 2
Infantry Squad 2.1: Vox, Autocannon
Infantry Squad 2.2: Vox, Autocannon
Infantry Squad 2.3: Vox, Misslile Launcher
Infantry Squad 2.4: Vox, Missile Launcher
Infantry Squad 2.5: Vox
I think the Conscripts are weak and don't have a justfication to be taken. I would drop them and the Independant Commies and buy a third platoon kitted with Las and Plas.

Fast Attack
174 Sentinal Squad: Lascannons, Smoke Launcher These guys will deep strike
If you are deadset on using them, split them into three separate squadrons, that way they can split fire and and can't be KO'd by a single heavy bolter.

My Concerns:
-The Command Platoon may end up not having enough wounds. If he dies, then I lose the leadership ten that also gets me to regroup below 50 percent. Plus, they can't fight.
Which is why you should keep him out of sight. Place him somewhere out of enemy fire to get the most out of him.

-I keep always thinking, as well as my frineds keep telling me, that one day the assassin will finally kill as much as hes worth. I have used an Assassin maybe three or four times before, each time he gets ripped to pieces after winning maybe... one assult. I have thought about using a deathwatch kill team. I can fairly easily make room for a maybe a five or six man squad.
I find assasins useless. If enemy HQs get their asses handed to them by guardsmen when they have no support, imagine how badly these guys fare on their own. Drop him.

Also I personally hate Power Armoured sissies, I wouldn't buy into them. The only exception would be GK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.