Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at a khorne competitive army. I have had about a year worth of experience with Nurgle/oblits and wanted to try my hand at a more CC oriented army while keeping a cut throat force. So hard core C&C are welcome.

**HQ**

Chaos Lord- 140 pts.
Mark of Khorne
Terminator Armor
Pair of Lightning Claws

**Troops**

Berzerker Squad 1- 243pts.
8 man
Skull Champ w/ Power fist
Rhino

Berzerker Squad 2- 243pts.
8 man
Rhino

Berzerker Squad 3- 243pts.
8 man
Rhino

Berzerker Squad 4- 208pts.
8 man

Berzerker Squad 5- 208pts.
8 man

**Heavy Support**

Land Raider- 220pts.
---Carries Lord and Squad 4---

Land Raider- 220pts.
---Carries Squad 5---

Chaos Vindicator- 125 pts.

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
I have this list marked at only 1830. Put Daemonic Possession on the Vindi.

Having said that, this list is scary as !*?$. I would actually cry cheese... And I never cry cheese! Although, You may have problems like destroying other Land Raiders.

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
This is a pretty good list, but i would change out lightning claws for a bloobfeeder, you have the chance to do quite a bit more damage with it. Even though yes you can smack yourself in the head, it is still fun to use. You might also want to try to get rhinos for your other squads otherwise they may never make it into battle considering how slow they would be going.

Do you plan on transporting your lord in one of the LR's? Also...you need to be careful, because most players, theyll see the land raiders, but wont care about them too much because you're only other squads are zerkers, half of which are in rhinos and can easily be targeted. So you need to be careuful of that.

Also, You really have no way of dealing with horde armies. I mean...the LC's help to a point...but your lord can only do so much. As with the LR's and Vindi. If I were you I'd be sure i popped smoke first round...and pray they don't take out your rhinos...because if they do...you would be in real trouble.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
This is a pretty good list, but i would change out lightning claws for a bloobfeeder, you have the chance to do quite a bit more damage with it. Even though yes you can smack yourself in the head, it is still fun to use. You might also want to try to get rhinos for your other squads otherwise they may never make it into battle considering how slow they would be going.

Do you plan on transporting your lord in one of the LR's? Also...you need to be careful, because most players, theyll see the land raiders, but wont care about them too much because you're only other squads are zerkers, half of which are in rhinos and can easily be targeted. So you need to be careuful of that.

Also, You really have no way of dealing with horde armies. I mean...the LC's help to a point...but your lord can only do so much. As with the LR's and Vindi. If I were you I'd be sure i popped smoke first round...and pray they don't take out your rhinos...because if they do...you would be in real trouble.
The squads without rhinos ride in the raiders... good to see you around Meish, it's been a while!

Anyways, it should do fine... I would try to squeeze points to get daemonic posession on both of the raiders.

·
Registered
308 Posts
1: The Termi-Lord is going to prevent you from being able to do sweeping advances with the Berserkers that he joins.
2: Squad 4 (in the LR) might be better replaced with a more versatile choice of 5 Khorne Terminators (1x HF, 2x Combi-bolters (flamers for hordes/meltas for AT/plasma for AT/MCs at longer range), 1xPF/CF.)
3: Combi-weapons on the Rhinos. (Helps to prevent an immobilised result after 2 weapons destoyed results, and can add some AT as well.)
4: DP on the Vindicator.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My deployment has my Land raiders having their sides facing the enemy while my rhinos are right behind them, preventing any line of sight to my rhinos. This will force my opponent to pump tons of fire into the Land raiders. My Khorne lord may be swapped to a regular with LCs for 10 less to allow my land raiders to take dozer blades and have my zerkers sweeping advance.

As for other comments, my force is kind of tight points wise. I'll toy around with having a squad of termies in one of the land raiders. Anti tank isn't much of a problem thanks to all the fists, same as anti horde thanks to TONS of attacks.

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
You will still have problems though...especially against horde armies...itll be problamatic if you have some of your troops tied up with MC's or tanks...You'll be in real trouble. I mean you only have five troops...and youd need more then one turn to take down a Tank or MC or more then one troop...and considering you only have five troops...having one or more tied up with tanks is no good. Plus with the way youre planning on playing...it is going to take forever to even get close enough to a tank to do any damage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**HQ**

Kharn- 165 pts.

**Troops**

Berzerker Squad 1- 243pts.
8 man
Rhino

Berzerker Squad 2- 243pts.
8 man
Rhino

Berzerker Squad 3- 208pts.
8 man

Berzerker Squad 4- 208pts.
8 man

**Elites**

Dreadnaught- 100pts.
Missile Launcher

Dreadnaught- 100pts.
Missile Launcher

Dreadnaught- 100pts.
Missile Launcher

**Heavy Support**

Land Raider- 245pts.
Daemonic Possesion
---Carries Kharn and Squad 4---

Land Raider- 245pts.
Daemonic Possesion
---Carries Squad 3---

Changed the list for more horde support. Also Added kharn for even more fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts