Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I currently play Space marines and necrons (I'm sick of +3 saves and alot of points for a little amount of men) I love nids alot... I'm getting 3 battleforces in a couple of days (I'm trying to keep this list very basic so i dont end up paying $500 for my army).

Newb Question- It says in the Codex that if I have 2 of the same weapons it counts as Twinlinked. So does a twinlink only use up 1 weapon slot? or does it use up both weapon slots? If 2 my fex's are illegal and i'll change them ( I don't want 100 replys telling me fex is illegal and nothing else to help me out )

HQ
Hive Tyrant,Enhanced Senses, Toxin sacs, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, 2 Tyrant Guard- 277
+1S +1BS

Hive Tyrant, Winged,Toxin Sacs, Enhanced Senses, Carpace, Barbed, Scything talons-190
+1S +1BS +1SV

Troops
10 Genestealers, Scuttlers, Flesh hooks-200
11 Gaunts Fleshborers-66

Heavy Support
Carnifex, Boned Exoskeleton, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin, 2x Barbed Strangler, Twinlinked Deathspitter, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace-238
+1SV +1T +1W +1BS

Carnifex, Boned Exoskeleton, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin, 2x Barbed Strangler, Twinlinked Deathspitter, Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace-238
+1SV +1T +1W +1BS

+1SV +1T +1W +1BS

Total-1847

Strat: Inf. all Genestealers and get them into close combat in turn 1 ( all will be on left or right nver in mid of table) Big Bugs will be set up on the opposite side. (what im hoping to do is scare my opponent with big bugs. he will move units close to genestealers. When the genestealers Massacre an enemy squad they will Hopfully consolidate into another enemy unit (Thus never being in the open to get shot at). Gaunts and Hive with Wings will set up on the side with Genestealers for backup. With Barb's I hope to pin down some enemy models (the less the enemy can shoot at me the better). Every model will move to my enemy and shoot ( got to LOVE Assault weapons ) ... Ya my fex's cost alot of points ( BUT THEY WILL NVER DIE MUHAHAHAHAHA) thx for reading this and helping my out

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
I'm afraid your fexes are illegal. TL devs and deathspitters are one slot, BS are two slots for twinlinked.

Also, you appear to be missing about 30 points on your stealers, I think each squad is 210, not 200.

In terms of construction, it looks good except for the flying tyrant. (who by the way can't have wings and carapace, it has to take warp field for a 2+) I would suggest dropping the strangler on him. Instead give him either, another pair of talons (to focus on just CC) or two sets of devourers. (nothing says nasty like 12 TL reroll to wound shots.

·
663 Posts
I agree with paul_Harkonen, but also I've used the TL Deathspitters on Fexes before and i have to say that i was not all that exiting. I think that the points would be better spent in a Vennom cannon for Anti tank or TL Devouers for anti troop.

Also I never give my Fexes any defensive upgrades. I rarly if ever get one shoot at or lose one so it just seems like a waste of points to me. In my opinion don't give him more then one.

·
The Allmighty Chaos Boots
814 Posts
playing nids you will definetly pay 500$ for it :p

As they said above. and consider this:

without EC on your stealers every gun in the game autokill them (no I dont count flashlights as guns) if you fail your first turn charge (which you will against any serious player (also not counting loosing first turn)) they will be massacred and the backbone of your army just went *poof*

regarding your fexes decide what range you want them to operate at and either kit them for 18" or 36" I asume you want them infantry killing since you dont use venom cannons so try devourer/barbie for medium range killing which leads me to ask where your anti tank is?

consider running VC/barbie on them so you can insta kill T5 and take down tanks and the more upgrades you throw at them the more points you will loose when they die. a 230 point fex dies as quick as a 163/188 point fex.

flyrants dont need VC they are cc monsters or medium range squad wipers. slogging tyrants are the exact opposite so switch their gear (and only use the barbie on a fex if you intend to pieplate from range)

at 1850 you may want to consider running more stealers if you are running a stealer build.
even with EC expect 15-20 casulties just getting them into cc.

to minimize shooting death consider Hormaguants they are cheaper and faster than stealers.
2 large broods of stealers will soak some of that bolter fire so you can have your 40 stealers mop up.

flesh guants are evil. fleshguants with +1I are eviler and like the spanish inquisition nobody expects them.

you can turn your current build into this

4*10 stealers + EC 800
2*16 horma guants +1I 352
3*fex + VC+Barbie +1W 489
1*flyrant with scything+scything warpfield +1S +1WS at 190 something points

with left overs. maybe a bio acid mine or something

have the fexes lurk in some woods or ruins and your all set for a slaughter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.