Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lord Cupcake of Senteria
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to get away from my old 'standard' 1850 list I've been toying around with list one and would like comments and critiques on it:

HQ:
Counts-as Vulkan

Elites:
5x TH/SS A. Termies
-Dedicated Land Raider Redeemer- Multi-Melta and Extra Armor

Troops:
10xTactical Squad- Powerfist, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon
-Dedicated Rhino
10xTactical Squad- Powerfist, Meltagun, Multi-Melta
-Dedicated Rhino
10xTactical Squad- Powerfist, Flamer, Multi-Melta
-Dedicated Rhino

Fast:
Land Speeder- Heavy Flamer/Multi-Melta
Land Speeder- Heavy Flamer/Multi-Melta

Heavy:
Vindicator- Siege Shield
Vindicator- Siege Shield
Predator- Heavy Bolter Sponsons, HK Missile (To give it a little extra kick against transports if there's no infantry in LoS)

Criticisms and comments are wanted and welcomed, just try not to insult my plasma tac squad too much, they've pulled quite a few epic moments.

·
Registered
237 Posts
in an effort to get away from my old 'standard' 1850 list i've been toying around with list one and would like comments and critiques on it:

Hq:
Counts-as vulkan

sound

elites:
5x th/ss a. Termies
-dedicated land raider redeemer- multi-melta and extra armor
good but how about sticking two lc termies in there so you can thin the numbers

troops:
10xtactical squad- powerfist, plasma gun, plasma cannon
-dedicated rhino
i would change this to another flamer/mm to take advantage of vulcan

10xtactical squad- powerfist, meltagun, multi-melta
-dedicated rhino
10xtactical squad- powerfist, flamer, multi-melta
-dedicated rhino
good
fast:
Land speeder- heavy flamer/multi-melta
land speeder- heavy flamer/multi-melta
crackingly good
heavy:
Vindicator- siege shield
vindicator- siege shield
predator- heavy bolter sponsons, hk missile (to give it a little extra kick against transports if there's no infantry in los)

the pred is mymain concern theres no point in having sponsons as your whole army is moving and hk are just well without offending anyone there gay ditch both and have a mobile auto cannon it works well

you could then use the points to turn your rhinos into razor backs and possibly fit in some combi melta/flamer on your tacticals this would then leave three mm to deny your edge of the board whilst your combat squad speacial weapons steal the other objs

criticisms and comments are wanted and welcomed, just try not to insult my plasma tac squad too much, they've pulled quite a few epic moments.(there really good i have one squad like this my self but i would go with mm/fl/mg instead)

·
Registered
316 Posts
As you stated, I would suggest keeping the plasmagun in your tactical. My plasmagunner always racks up a few kills each game, I usually like to sit the squad with him in it inside cover near an objective.

If you want to give those termies more punch, then yes sticking a couple of LCs in there may help. Otherwise if they don't kill anything they come into contact with they will surely bog one of your opponents units down.

I don't know about the pred, nor do I have any helpful suggestions on what to replace it with. Scout squad with heavy weapon?

As for the rest of list, good to see Vulkans chatper tactics being taken advantage of. He truly is awesome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts