Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I faced this in round 2 of a tournament over the weekend. It was a tough battle, naturally I lost. Nids just arn't the right army for it but still. I thought the army was awesome and I'm actually interested in running it with my guard. Its quite a sight to see on the table, I must say. Anyway here it is check it out! Please give opinions.

HQ
Company command squad

Elites
10 man psyker battle squad

Troops
5Xveteran squads
3Xmelta guns
Demolitions

Fast attack
3Xvalkyrie squad
-Las cannon
-multiple rocket pod
- heavy bolter

2Xvalkyrie squad

2Xvalkyrie vendettas
-heavy bolters

There all mounted up.

This actually churns out to be 1755, and I'm unsure where the other 95 points in his list came from, what would you do?

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Well,

HQ:
What a waste of 50pts. You can do so much with this squad and leaving it naked makes it no use to anyone. If you're going to take a naked HQ just because you have too, get a Psyker instead.

TROOPS:
It's ok, I don't like the Valk lists. Your main units, your scoring and therefore important units, are basically suicide units. They jump out, kill some stuff and then get killed by the 3 Marines they failed to kill. Personally i'd take Chimeras over Valks/Vendettas as transports. Not having to get out of your ride is an insanely good thing and it makes your infantry very hard to shift.

FAST:
VALKs, I'd drop the Lascannon. You've got Vendettas and Melta Vets for Tank killing so keep the Multilasers and save yourself some points.

With the large amount of Mechanised forces starting to spring up i'd grab 2 squadrons of Vendettas supported by 1 squadron of Valks.

·
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,

HQ:
What a waste of 50pts. You can do so much with this squad and leaving it naked makes it no use to anyone. If you're going to take a naked HQ just because you have too, get a Psyker instead.

like I said there's still 95 points to spend, and it was likely upgrading this unit, never actullay saw his list to know

TROOPS:
It's ok, I don't like the Valk lists. Your main units, your scoring and therefore important units, are basically suicide units. They jump out, kill some stuff and then get killed by the 3 Marines they failed to kill. Personally i'd take Chimeras over Valks/Vendettas as transports. Not having to get out of your ride is an insanely good thing and it makes your infantry very hard to shift.

he actually never got out, unless of course it was blown up and he had to. But your point remains quite valid

FAST:
VALKs, I'd drop the Lascannon. You've got Vendettas and Melta Vets for Tank killing so keep the Multilasers and save yourself some points.

With the large amount of Mechanised forces starting to spring up i'd grab 2 squadrons of Vendettas supported by 1 squadron of Valks.
Dunno if that changes opinions but just providing more information.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Valk lists look like alot of fun to play but they're not really my style so I leave them be. Only having 3 Vehicles (to me squadrons count as one) seems very fragile. AV12 is also not that hard to take out to an opponent who's got a balenced list. The list is very fragile so you need to be seriously canny to pull it off. It does look very impressive on the battle feild though.

I hear Mastershake and Diggums hammer are very good with their Valk lists so you might do well to drop them a line. They have actual experience using valk lists where as my advice is all theory ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts