X2 Infantry platoons
jo
4 guardsmen
4 flamers

2 infantry squads
heavy flamer
meltagun
vox caster

X2 infantry squads (do not have hardened fighter rule)
jo
4 guardsmen
autocannon

2 infantry squads
autocannon
vox caster

Fast Attack- 174 (9%)
X3 1 sentinel
heavy flamer
extra armour
smoke launchers

Heavy Support- 0 (0%)

Total- 1850
144 Infantry
3 vehicles
14 meltaguns
6 autocannons
6 heavy bolters
3 plasma guns
15 flamer wepons

Everyone who can have it has jungle fighter and hardened fighters. The drop troopers are mainly the sentinels and th 4 flamer command squads. The idea is that the multipurpose men infiltrate deep into enemy's lines, the shooty squad (if they want) infiltrate into better firing position, Iam hoping I can be close to the enemy while the terrain slows them down. As you can see I cannot accept an army without 50 % atleast in troops because I rely on them o win and the captain (he won't die). I will accept any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good. There are some very strong themed units there.

One thing I would question is the Hardened fighters upgrade. By the looks of it It's costing you about 150-200 points. Since all your guys have lasguns they won't be using it all that often. The other thing is that it really only makes a difference against WS 3 opponents. There aren't that many ws3 opponents out there to worry about. I would recommend using the points for an extra squad or two in the Jungle fighters platoons

I also think the Autocannons are a bit of a wasted opportunity. Go all out! Having the heavy weapons means the whole squad must sit and shoot. I think having all squads with the heavy flamer/meltagun combo is at least worth a try. That way everything is mobile.

You could put the heavy weapons in support squads.

Another point is you can't drop troop only a command squad. The whole platoon must operate a a single unit for deployment purposes.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I forgot aboout the non seperate deep striking. Also hardened fighters makes it harder for marines to kill me. Also I take the heavy weapons for a very strong firing base (a must in most IG armies). Also I do not take heavy flamer and meltagun in all squads because there is no way in hell that I will fight 105 men infiltrating into only woods (not counting the veterans) and they do pretty nicely with out the extras. I need some support (or pansies) to help out my main infiltrators.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In my opinion the Extra Armor and Smoke on those three sentinels is 24 points that could be better spent on something that is likely to be quite dead very fast. With AV 10 even a bolter can glance one anything better is likely to pen because of volume of fire or strength. Heavy Flamers and Hardened Vets with the stones to charge into close combat perform quite admirably, you might even consider replacing those meltaguns with another flamer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think extra armor on Heavy Flamer sentinals is not a bad idea. It keeps a limited range weapon on the move however, Hardened Fighters is not worth the point cost. You don't want to try and make guard more survivable in CC. You will still lose to marines almost every time. Then they'll make a sweeping advance wiping out your squad and those point spent on hardened fighters is just down the toilet. Your point are better spent on more troops and special or heavy weapons that can widle down your opponents number in shooting before you get into close combat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.