- Havoc Launcher
- Reaper Autocannon

HAVOCS x 7 = 245 pts.
- Lascannon x 3
- Missile Launcher x 1
- Champion

OBLITERATOR CULT x 3 = 225 pts.

TOTAL: 1846 points

Basic Idea is noise marines provide cover fire and secure close objectives while rhinos drive up with zerkers. Princes engage quickly because of wings and lash prince can drag enemies that tend to bunker down to me. Rhinos have combi meltas for xtra anti vehicle power with Oblits and Havocs. Defiler's main purpose is to fire on the move until it can engage in close combat. Criticism always welcome because it exposes flaws and improves the list.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're gonna wanna edit this and remove all the individual point costs to comply with the forum rules.

Also, the list looks pretty solid, although I would advise against mixing weapons in the Havocs squad and possibly investing the points for the land raider (overrated, IMO) in a Defiler and another Obliterator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I dropped the Land raider and picked up a defiler with a havoc launcher and the third Obliterator.
I changed up the havocs, dropping the random TL bolter and swapping one of the missle launchers for a 3rd lascannon. I played it in 1 battle against tau and I loved the increased survivability on the Oblits with 2 more wounds in the squad. The land raider's missing lascannons was definitely made up by the havocs which killed 2 hammerheads (3rd lascannon got the explode, good call on the addition) and the defiler, though short lived against rail guns, slaughtered his kroot leaving his fire warriors exposed to my bezerkers. Thanks for the tip its really working out, next battle against loyalist marines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VICTORY!!!!! Played a Dark Angels army in 1850 annihilation and I completely wiped him off the board. Khorne is very pleased at the bloodshed and one of the noise marine squads gained Slaanesh's approval by pounding termies with their sonic weapons and then assaulting them emerging victorious with 3 of their numbers left. His Land raider exploded to the first lascannon shot aimed at it and the Obliterators took care of his vindicator (which was stunned most game by havocs). Lastly the daemon prince of khorne made a mockery of his chapter master, while DP of slaanesh dragged his marines right to my bezerkers who were waiting with chainaxes roaring and a cry to the blood god on their lips. All in all I played it smart and had some good rolls to back it up leading to a 1 squad 1 rhino loss vs total wipeout. Next battle against IG or Orks whoever wins against each other.

FOR THE GLORY OF CHAOS!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad to hear of the continued conquests!

Out of curiosity, how's the Defiler been holding up with the Autocannon and Havoc Launcher? I run mine with two close combat arms and always have, so I wanna know how a shootier version works. Also, I commend you for stilll making use of Havocs when nobody else seems to. I'm happy they're not totally useless yet :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The havoc launcher and reaper autocannon are quite useful for me as they tend to finish off the target I'm shooting at. The only thing negative about them is that they are AP 5 and 4 so marines still got the saves on them. Stlll their is always a chance those saves can fail. What I like about the shooty version is that it can sit back and shoot and if anyone deepstrikes or outflanks to take out my noise marines my defiler can engage them for protection.

As for the havocs, the key point it keepin them useful is deployment. Deploy in a spot where they can pound your enemy, or if he deploys second, you tend to force him to hide all his vehicles, but that usually means they have difficult or impassable terrain in front of them, reducing their usefulness. (Not to mention they are trapped when the Obliterators show up) :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Came back from 2 battle packed weeks. I have found myself questioning the havocs. Against any army using drop pods or deep striking (aka daemon army) they have been useless as i need to move them to adjust to tide of battle however, every time they move, they can't shoot. Suggestions?? If I drop them I have 245 points and a heavy support slot available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.