·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of running a list like this:

HQ
Demon Prince 155 pts
- Slaanesh, Wings, Lash of Submission

I plan to fly this guy towards the enemy and Lash squads into charge range of the Chosen or himself.

Elites
10 Chosen 285 pts
- Icon of Slaanesh, Melta, 2x PWs, Dual LCs, PF

I hope to get this guys into CC.

Troops
2x 6 Noisemarines 185 pts
- Blastmaster, 5x Sonic Blasters

These guys will provide a base of fire support and pop the odd tank.

2x 10 Noisemarines 295 pts
- 9x Sonic Blasters, Personal Icon
AC: PF, Sonic Blaster

These lads will advance and try to get into the enemy or try to hold objectives.

Heavy Support
3x 2 Obliterators 150 pts

These are here to provide an all purpose support which this army could use.

Grand Total: 1850 pts

My main concern is whether or not to include the Chosen in the list as is or change them to make the more shooty. I have access to a lots of bits and models, so I am flexible in what I change around. Thank you for any help!

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Seth, you don't really need more shooters in the build, so I'd say there's no reason on this account to change the chosen. However, what's the reason for having such a mix of power weapons? Why not streamline the unit into something like this?

8x chosen with IoS
*2x power weapons
*2x melta guns

After all, you could use the additional tank busting.

Second, your larger sonic squads are a little too large. For one thing, they're so incredibly shooty that you'll easily rip through swarms, but almost to the point of overkill. The champion isn't very synergistic with the squad for two reasons: 1) he's a 5I model but wields a fist; 2) the squads are designed for range, so what's the purpose of a c.c. model that costs 40 points on top of the base cost of the marine?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with rabbit's comments.

Get rid of the AC on the 10 man nm squads. Those squads want to sit at 24" and pour fire at infantry.

The chosen squad is a little over-the-top. If you're going to infiltrate close to the enemy to get them into close combat, they are going to be a high priority target for the enemy. Maybe I'd split it into 2 chosen squads, to really force the enemy to split fire between the lash prince, and 2 chosen squads, the really imminent threats in the beginning of the game. If you do chose the keep the chosen the way they are, I'd lose 2 of the PW or 2 of the lightning claws. The PF might be okay for versatility.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm a little worried that the Chosen won't do much and that Raptors would probably do a better job for counter assault. I like the idea of just sitting back and shooting with the Noisemarines. I'll have to work on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.