Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to playing Chaos Daemons but have been playing 40K for many years. The army does have me scratching my head a little bit when it comes to composition. Below is my 1850 list that I am trying out.

The idea is that the Tzeentch daemons are there to shoot and the Slaanesh daemons are there to fight in close combat. Any help would be appreciated. I do plan some other daemons and plan to get some others to add more options but the majority of my collection includes Tzeentch and Slaanesh daemons.

Lord of Change 290
Master of Sorcery
Breath of Chaos

Herald of Slaanesh 60
Unholy Might

Herald of Slaanesh 60
Unholy Might

10 Deamonettes 170
Chaos Icon
Musician

10 Deamonettes 170
Chaos Icon
Musician

10 Pink Horrors 210
Changling
Bolt
Chaos Icon

10 Pink Horrors 205
Bolt
Chaos Icon

10 Seekers 209
Musician

5 Screamers 85
Unholy Might

Soulgrinder 160
Tongue

Daemon Prince 230
Mark of Tzeencth
Daemonic Flight
Bolt of Tz
Daemonic Gaze
Master of Srocery

Total 1849

·
143 Posts
Lord of Change 290
Master of Sorcery
Breath of Chaos

Drop MoS and Breath - you're paying 40pts for a template weapon you'll use maybe once per battle. Replace with We Are Legion - it allows you to split fire and then charge a different unit from the one you shot. Very useful.

Herald of Slaanesh 60
Unholy Might

Herald of Slaanesh 60
Unholy Might

Waste of Points - Far better is the chariot herald with unholy might x 2

10 Deamonettes 170
Chaos Icon
Musician

10 Deamonettes 170
Chaos Icon
Musician

Daemonettes need to be in bigger units of at least 12. Drop the icon and musician for this.

10 Pink Horrors 210
Changling
Bolt
Chaos Icon

10 Pink Horrors 205
Bolt
Chaos Icon

You'll be dropping these further back, so I'd remove the Icons.

10 Seekers 209
Musician

Why seekers and not Fiends? Drop these for 6 Fiends with Unholy Might

5 Screamers 85
Unholy Might

I'd drop them.

Soulgrinder 160
Tongue

Change tongue for phlegm.

Daemon Prince 230
Mark of Tzeencth
Daemonic Flight
Bolt of Tz
Daemonic Gaze
Master of Srocery

Drop Master of Sorcery. Kind of expensive, you could drop flight.

Total 1849

You should have enough points for a suicide squad of flamers - 3xFlamers is a good anti infantry investment.

The best slaanesh combat units are fiends and chariot heralds. You really want as many of these as possible.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
The monstrous creatures (Lord of Change and Daemon Prince) don't need master of sorcery. In 5th edition, they can already fire more than one gun per turn. The Daemon Prince doesn't really need daemonic gaze, as bolt is enough. Breath is optional on the Lord of Change, but if you're not going to use anything else with breath, it's probably worth it. Even if you only use it once per game, I've had single uses like that determine the outcome of the game. It's up to you.

Musk is alright on the heralds of Slaanesh, but musk would be better.

Mathalete is right, the units of Daemonettes are too small. Always use at least 12, and 15-20 would be better.

You don't need that many icons. One in each wave is enough.

I wouldn't put bolt in large units of pink horrors. You're giving up a lot of great shooting when you use it, and it only has a 50/50 chance of hitting. Pink horrors are best used in either units of 5-6 w/bolt, or units of 9-10 w/changeling (and perhaps an icon).

Unholy might is wasted on the screamers. Fiends would be a much better choice.

The seekers look fine. I have to disagree with Mathlete on this one. I love seekers. I just wish they had an official model.

Always use phlegm with Soul Grinders, as tongue is too likely to miss. I'd also consider using at least 2 soul grinders, dropped in the same wave. They're a little too easy to single out and kill if you only use one.

Good luck!

·
143 Posts
I forgot about musk - musk is a must on slaanesh chariot hearalds.

Seekers are ok, but point for point I think fiends are better. They lack grenades, but they get musk, better strength that doesn't require rends to do any damage, and the ability to take out walkers and tanks. If I had to have one it'd be fiends.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Both fiends and seekers have their uses, but fiends are probably better overall, as Mathlete suggests. Seekers are just a bit better at surviving enemy fire, they tend to not draw too much attention (fiends tend to be high priority targets), and most importantly, they only take up fast attack slots. With flamers and bloodcrushers, there often aren't that many elite slots open for fiends.

Still, I usually try and take at least one unit of fiends. They've very powerful, extremely cheap, and much better than seekers at destroying transports. That's where they really shine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Made some of the recommended changes and played a Space Wolf army to a draw last night.

Lord of Change 250

Herald of Slaanesh 75
Chariot
Unholy Might

Herald of Slaanesh 75
Chariot
Unholy Might

15 Deamonettes 240
Chaos Icon
Musician

15 Deamonettes 1240
Chaos Icon
Musician

10 Pink Horrors 185
Changling
Bolt

10 Pink Horrors 185
Bolt

10 Seekers 175
Musician

5 Screamers 80

Soulgrinder 160
Tongue

Daemon Prince 190
Mark of Tzeencth
Bolt of Tz
Daemonic Gaze
Iron Hide

Total 1850

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Fiends would serve you a lot better than the screamers. If you find the models to be too expensive (and you should) you can always just use chaos spawn or Tyranid warriors.

I think you should split the unit of pink horrors (the one without the changeling) into two units of 5, each with bolt. That way you can grab objectives easier, and you get twice as many bolts out of them.

Phlegm is better than tongue for Soul Grinders.

The daemon prince doesn't need ironhide. He has a 4+ invulnerable save, and that's good enough. I don't really think he needs daemonic gaze either. You're better off using the points on another unit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
get a changling 5 points for awsomness every freindly model within 24 inches, if they get shot at the enemy has to take a ld test if they fail they have to fire at the nearest of their freindly models

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.