Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning a Raven Guard army and I'm looking for some feedback on an 1850pts list which I'm building my force around (1500 and 2000 pts lists will just add and subtract a unit or two and pop in a LS or 2, shifting some points from place to place).

Please pay attention to the wargesr chosen, I'm unsure of the combinations I've chosen and could use advice.

HQ

-Shrike

-Chaplin
Terminator Armour/Combi-Melta

Elites

-Assault Terminators (5 )
3xLC
2xTH/SS

-Dreadnaught
Heavy Flamer
CCW
TL Autocannon
Drop pod
Locator

Troops

-Tactical Squad (10 )
Meltagun
Multi Melta
Combi-Melta/Powerfist
Teleport Homer
Drop pod
Locator

-Tactical Squad (10 )
Flamer
Missile Launcher
Combi-Melta/Powerfist
Telepost Homer
Drop pod
Locator

-Scouts (5 )
4xSniper Rifle
1xMissile Launcher
Camo cloaks
Teleport Homer

Fast

-Assault Squad (10 )
2xFlamer
Pair of Lightning Claws

-Assault Squad (10 )
2xFlamer
Pair of Lightning Claws

Total = 1845

Much appreciated!

·
4,967 Posts
Elites: A dread in a pod usually arrives close in so go for as assault cannon or MM. The dread is your only vehicle so may not last long. Termies not in a transport should take a higher proportion of hammers (3-4).

Troops: All fine but ditch the extra homing beacons. One is enough (on the first pod) since the other pod doesnt need them with inertial guidance. Termies should only deepstrike in dawn of was missions, in most other cases you get in combat quicker by deploying 12" in and running (especially when you have fleet & infiltrate).

Fast: Remember fleet will mean you don't fire the flamers so maybe drop one per squad. PF or LC? I prefer PF with more antitank ability if you need it.

HQ: I don't think you are using Shrike that much to make him worth it. Tacs squads and scouts will not benefit from fleet nor the dread. I would drop him entirely to get your combat tactics back or redesign the list to make good use of him such as:

Shrike
2x5 Assault termies
3x10 BP/CCW scouts, PF
10 Tac, LC + Plasma
2x10 Assault marines, PF + Flamer
3 MM attack Bikes.

This makes good use of fleet and first turn charges when combined with infiltrate and scout moves. The Tac squad can hold home objectives and lend a little ranged fire support while the MM bikes can open transports for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts