Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following army list has no choices from imperial guard, the reason for this is simply the fact that i a dispise the use of "meat shields" and i had a different outlook for this army. More of "get the job done" rather than exterminating every model on the board. So without further wait here it is.

Headquarters

Grey Knight Grand Master- 145
Wargear:
Sacred incense- 10
Power weapon- 15
w/ Retinue
6 Grey knight Terminators 1 w/psycannon

Elites

Inquisitor - 20
w/ Psycannon- 30
Retinue-
3 Gun Servitors- 30
2 armed with Heavy Bolters- 30 pts
1 armed with Plasma cannon- 35 pts
2 Sages- 20 pts

Eversor assassin- 95

Troops-
9 Storm Troopers in Rhino w/ smoke launchers and hunter killer missle
1 with plasma gun
1 with melta gun
178 pts

9 Storm Troopers mounted in Chimera with multi laser, heavy bolter
1 armed with Plasma gun
1 armed with Grenade launcher
9 Storm Troopers in Rhino w/ smoke launchers and hunter killer missle
1 with plasma gun
1 with melta gun
178 pts

Fast Attack-
9 Grey knights- 250
1 upgraded to Justicar

8 Grey knights- 250
1 upgraded to Justicar
1 with Psycannon

Heavy Support

Lance Strike- 70

·
Registered
374 Posts
Your list is alright. But not liking Guardsmen, calling them meatshields, then filling your troops in with Stormtroopers? Whatever, it works.

About the Stormtroopers, they don't all need a transport (too many points). Also, your Inquisitor needs some help. First, make him into a Lord for the better profile. Then, get rid of the Gun Servitors, they are expensive, fragile, and turn your retinue into a stationary target. Throw in a few Acolytes. (For even more defense, Acolytes can take Artificer Armor.) If you can fit it, a Dreadnaught or another Grey Knight or 2 would be good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i like all of the ap 4 and 2 weaponry in the inquisitor squad, i hate close combat inquisitors and they suck, they are better suited toward long ranged gunning. Storm troopers are not meatshields as you are implying, thats why stormtroopers are elites and guardsmen are troops in an imperial guard army. The transport thing ill admit your right ill downsize that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.