Wave serpent w/ BL, stones = 145
9 Avengers, ex w/ power weapon simmer shield and bladestorm = 162
Wave Serpent w/ Bl, stone = 145
10 guardians EML = 100
9 warp spyders, exarch w/ power blades, Deep strike = 257
2 war walkers each with star cannon and shruiken cannon = 120
Falcon w/ star cannon, holo and stones = 185

= 1847

I would originaly run the banshees w/o jain zar, but she packs a punch thats insane. Im getting used to a transport army still but so far in practice games ive been playing ive actualy done well. Any suggestions will be usefull.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Dropt the exarch from the dragons
switch the EML on the guardian to a multi shot weapon, the go shopping with spare points (probably look to sort out those walkers)

·
4,967 Posts
Farseer: Suggest Doom instead. It's quite good for the target of bladesorming shurike catts but also really shines when cast on the target of the banshees.

Banshees & Jain. With the pheonix lord joining the unit you could just drop the exarch as you are in effect just paying for extra attacks. The Serpent needs vectored engines with such a valuable cargo.

Fire dragons. drop exarch and maybe spend points on more.
Avengers fine. The battle taxi helps you avoid close combat so twin shuriken catts may be better.

Guardians ok

Spiders: I would by withdraw before considdering deepstrike. If you can afford both then fine.

Walkers: Split into 2 units. I recommend 2 scatter lasrs each or scatter laser and starcannon as the ranges are better than having to come into bolter range to use your shuriken cannon.

Falcon: Fine. For a load of points you could drop the serpent of the fire dragons and stick them in this vehicle. (I know Cheredanine hates this ;) ). Spend the points on more walkers or a viper or two.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Farseer guide, runes of warding = 90
Jain Zar = 190
10 Howling Banshees = 160
Wave serpent w/ BL, stones vected engines = 160
6 Fire dragons = 96
Wave serpent w/ BL, stones = 145
9 Avengers, ex w/ power weapon simmer shield and bladestorm = 162
Wave Serpent w/ Bl, stone = 145
10 guardians starcannon = 105
9 warp spyders, exarch w/ power blades, Deep strike, withdraw = 272
2 war walkers each with star cannon and scatter laser = 140
Falcon w/ star cannon, holo and stones = 185

= 1849

This looks better? I dont like the idea of using the falcon as a transport that much unless i have to. Which isnt looking like a bad idea becuase then i free up some points. I would go with more war walkers, but i only got 2. In RTT are warp spyders that good? or should i think about using something else?

·
4,967 Posts
Looks great.

Drop the avengers shimmer shield for extra shuriken cattapult and use the points to upgrade the farseer to having doom instead of guide. Statistically it is better than guide when used on the target of the avengers and it makes banshees fantastic at killing T4 opponents.

Guide would be statistically better when cast on the warp spiders but I doubt they will be within 6" of the farseer with those jump packs and the deep striking etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i like the list. its seems solid. a few suggestions. drop 1 of the bl and replace with something like the scatter laser, the scatter laser will help shrink enemy units before you drop off the banshees. replace the mirror swords with the executioner. axe the exarch from the fire dragons and run them 5 strong and put them in the falcon. drop the extra wave serpent. the guardians might do better with something that puts out more shots. i like walkers and the avengers and the spiders. with the extra points from the serpent and dropping the exarch, you can beef up your farseer...id give him doom, spirit stones, maybe the runes of witnessing and maybe another power like fortune. that makes him a force to be reckoned with. and with whats left over, add a weapon to the falcon. these suggestiong shud make it easier to deal with infantry and give the army a lil more power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts