Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a RTT to participate in this weekend and was hoing to get some review of an army list. This is my first time playing Marines in a RTT in many years and I'm looking forward to it. I know, I know, everyone is saying "to be competitive, you gotta drop everything in pods." But I don't have time or inclination to scratchbuild multiple dinner-plate-sized pods. So I'm looking to put together a good, solid, competitive Dark Angels list that can handle most situations pretty well.

• [*]HQ: Master w/ Power weapon and combi-meltagun
    [*]Command squad:
    [*]Apothecary
    [*]Standard Bearer w/ Standard of Devastation
    [*]Vet sgt. w/ plasma pistol and power fist
    [*]one Da w/ meltagun, one w/ plasmagun
    [*]Two more with bolters​

This is mainly assaulter bait. Put it out front, doesn't look like a massively CC-oriented unit, so a juicy target for enemy CC troops. When they assault, use the banner to nail them with lots of high-strength shots. Yeah, it's a bit gimmmicky, but it's the only gimmick in the list.

• [*]Elite: Venerable dreadnought w/ AC, CCW, SB, smoke, extra armor.
    [*]Troops:
    [*]Two squads of 10, identical:
    [*]8 basic troopers
    [*]1 missile launcher
    [*]1 vet sgt w/ powerfist
    [*]One squad of five with lascannon
    [*]One squad of scouts
    [*]4 scouts w/ bolt pistol and CCW
    [*]2 w/ shotgun
    [*]1 vet sgt. w/powerfist​
    [*]Fast Attack:
    [*]Ravenwing bike squad: 3 bikers + sgt, all with meltabombs
    [*]RW land speeders: 2, Tornado patttern (AC + HB)
    [*]One RW attack bike w/ MM​
    [*]Heavy Assault:
    [*]Whirlwind w/ smoke
    [*]Vindicator w/ smoke, extra armor, dozer blade
    [*]Devi squad w/ 5 marines, 1 sgt, and 4 heavy bolters​

The main thing I'm thinking of is that there are no Terminators there. I know, not necessary, but they do add a bit of Oomph (not to mention I spent a lot of time painting them up). I could get rid of the attack bike, one landspeeder, and six troopers from various squads, and that would free up enough points for 5 termies with AC and heavy flamer. For a few points more I could give the bikers a Vet Sgt with a teleport homer to get those termies on the table exactly where I need em.

So... what do you think? A decent list? Needs termies, or not? Any big holes? Thanks for any useful comments you may have.

-mboehm

·
Registered
192 Posts
I really see the scouts doing you no good. If you took those termies they could use a TH to bring them in, but termies dont make a list unbeatable. I know that the attack bike and bikers have some AT, but the rest of your long range AT is a whirlwind, 2 ML, and a LC. THe vindicator, if it gets close enough, will kill a lot of stuff. For that reason it will be a large priority on your opponents to-kill list. Maybe get another tac squad with a LC?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me, I would probably ditch the attack bike and Raven Wing Bikers in favor for some scout bikes with Melta Bombs (I've fallen in love with them.)

I do agree that the scouts seem to be doing you no good in that army, Dark Angels are one of the shootiest armies. If you are going to keep them, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A SHOTGUN, LET ALONE TWO???

I'd prob put some plasma rifles in your Tac Squads.

Maybe give that LasCannon Team a Razorback with Twin Las?

If you can find the points:
I'd upgrade the SB on your Dread to be a HF.
Give all Sergeants Stubborn, Including the Dev one and give the Dev one and Auspex.
If you want you can drop the extra armor on your Vindicator and give it PotMS BS2? Who cares it's an ordinance weapon?

Depending on who you play take the Termies. Flashlight Fury is a Terminator's worst enemy. Whats that? 8 Plasma gun shots took out one? HA! Oh ****! Take 25 Saves against some Fury. :'( Needless to say, I've always hesitated about taking them from then on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DKnightJ said:
Me, I would probably ditch the attack bike and Raven Wing Bikers in favor for some scout bikes with Melta Bombs (I've fallen in love with them.)

I do agree that the scouts seem to be doing you no good in that army, Dark Angels are one of the shootiest armies. If you are going to keep them, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A SHOTGUN, LET ALONE TWO???

I'd prob put some plasma rifles in your Tac Squads.

Maybe give that LasCannon Team a Razorback with Twin Las?

If you can find the points:
I'd upgrade the SB on your Dread to be a HF.
Give all Sergeants Stubborn, Including the Dev one and give the Dev one and Auspex.
If you want you can drop the extra armor on your Vindicator and give it PotMS BS2? Who cares it's an ordinance weapon?

Depending on who you play take the Termies. Flashlight Fury is a Terminator's worst enemy. Whats that? 8 Plasma gun shots took out one? HA! Oh ****! Take 25 Saves against some Fury. :'( Needless to say, I've always hesitated about taking them from then on.
Lol.... as for the shotguns, I have them in there for old times' sake. Last time I brought a Marine armyt to a tournament was 1996, and back then shotguns were pretty good. Yeah, guess I'll drop the Scouts, they're not really gonna do too much good.

Don't have any Scout bikes, otherwise I probably would use them instead.

Yeah plasma rifes in the tac squads is definitely going to happen. And if I can squeeze out another 10 points, same thing with the heavy flamer.

Yeah the flashlight fury can be surprising. Back when I played IG, I loved going after a squad of termies with two full guard squads with chimeras... the Marine player usually assumed they were invulnerable and left them out in the open.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would not bother giving the tac squads plasmaguns. Shooting with them could leave you standing about, unable to assualt, in the open. I would not really bother with them, just try to get those guys in cc. The list definitivley needs more bodies

·
Registered
23 Posts
mboehm said:
Don't have any Scout bikes, otherwise I probably would use them instead.

Don't see why you can't use your normal bikers instead many people don't mind. (unless you are playing super official people)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts