Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been quite some time since I have played WH40K. (Last Feb. as a matter of fact).... so I think I had better get some feedback for this list I am contemplating. (I do appreciate any ideas and will give them all due consideration)...

So here goes...

HQ: 2

Lt. Cdr. Luminous Rust - Dae. Speed, Dae. Talons, Furious Charge, Infiltrate
Lt. Reflect Rust - Twin brother of above.

Elites: 3

Oblits: 1
Oblits: 2

Troops: 6

Warriors: 20 w/ 2 plasma guns (unless otherwise noted all standard marines have BP/CCW)
Warriors: 5 w/ lascannon (there are 4 of these squads)
Warriors: 5 w/ 2 plasma guns and 3 boltguns (this squad is kinda questionable)

Heavy: 4

Havocs: 5 w/ 4 Heavy Bolters, Infiltrate
Predator: twin Las, Hvy Bolters, Dae. Possess
Predator: same as above
Basilisk: Indirect

Total 1850 pts.

Im thinking that the last Warrior squad could simply be used to give the 20 man counter assault and possibly an AC. Since that squad really doesn't have much of a tactical use. But I also don't want to make that 20 man squad any more points (its big enough as it is...)

Anyway... any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
945 Posts
annhwi said:
Its been quite some time since I have played WH40K. (Last Feb. as a matter of fact).... so I think I had better get some feedback for this list I am contemplating. (I do appreciate any ideas and will give them all due consideration)...

So here goes...

drop one of them and give the other aura and l. claws
Elites: 3

IW perfection
Troops: 6

Warriors: 20 w/ 2 plasma guns (unless otherwise noted all standard marines have BP/CCW)
split these into 2 units , 1 of 10 and other of 5. Give the big one infiltrate, 2 meltas, and champ with fist, put them with your lt.. Give the other squad las plas
you are right it wont do much, drop them and add plasma to your las squads
Heavy: 4

make infiltrate tankhunters, get 8 men and make it autocxannons. IMO best havok combo
one is needed sub one or a bassie with indirect or vindicator possessed use all your IW benefits

Total 1850 pts.

Im thinking that the last Warrior squad could simply be used to give the 20 man counter assault and possibly an AC. Since that squad really doesn't have much of a tactical use. But I also don't want to make that 20 man squad any more points (its big enough as it is...)

Anyway... any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
not bad, needs worek good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote: "drop one of them and give the other aura and l. claws"

I'll admit that I have always run my Leiutenants in pairs and generally only 70 pts. apiece (no skills).... also... unless I am mistaken, the characters cannot have both talons and Lightning Claws.

Quote: "split these into 2 units , 1 of 10 and other of 5. Give the big one infiltrate, 2 meltas, and champ with fist, put them with your lt.. Give the other squad las plas"

Unfortunately, I do not have the 5th lascannon, although I would certainly like to bump up the troops cost a little for percentages purposes.

Quote: "you are right it wont do much, drop them and add plasma to your las squads"

Again, I run into an issue of not enough plasma gunners.... also, generally the las squads don't get into combat too much.... as with the number of las shots I can generate, most transports won't survive too long. And I may have come up with a way of "screening" that squad a little.... by having an Oblit. squad hang around with it.

Quote: "make infiltrate tankhunters, get 8 men and make it autocxannons. IMO best havok combo"

definately a lethal havok squad.... and still has enough shots to do some infantry hunting if necessary. Although I think the cost on said squad might put me over the top a bit.

Quote: "one is needed sub one or a bassie with indirect or vindicator possessed use all your IW benefits"

I presume you mean switch the second pred for a vindicator?.... While the idea of 2 Ordnance guns running around is really cool.... I have been better served by the Basilisk and Preds believe it or not. The Preds serve to control some of the horde armies with the Heavy bolter Sponsons... and in a way... the preds don't generate the big bullseye targets like the Vindicator would. (In my experience at least)

I do thank you for your input however.... I have considered a couple of modifications.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
annhwi said:

Hmm, why Daemonic Talons? There are better choices, I'd recommend you drop Talons and Strength and just give one a Dark Blade. Does the same job much better with no loss of efficiency. On the other Daemonic Strength and a Power Weapon should do. Oh and don't forget a Bolt Pistol as well to round em off. Here's a quick question for you, how have you modelled Daemonic Speed?

annhwi said:
Great. Myself I'd make that 6 just to have even numbers and intimidate whoever I was playing, but that's just me nit-picking

annhwi said:
Hmm, if the final squad is optional, I'd drop it and split the big squad up into 2 squads of 10 (to increase your maneuverability). I'd also swap the Plasma guns for Meltas. This is clearly a close combat squad if you have chainswords and boltpistols, you don't want to not be able to move 20 men for the sake of firing 2 Plasma Guns. Finally I'd definately give the Aspiring Champions Powerfists. Powerfists on non-Independant Characters is the way to go, you can keep swinging away at anything nasty while removing the squad around them. To round it off (but I doubt you'd have the points) I'd give them both infiltrate (or remove it from your HQ) and run one of your characters with each. That way you will have 2 nasty hard-hitting speedbumps slowing your enemy up.

annhwi said:
Great, my only criticism is of your Predators. Experience of battles to me has led me to hate mixing weapons on Predators. Yes you have versatility, but you also have extreme wastefulness.

For example in your configuration, you shoot at:

A - a tank. The Lascannon hits but the Heavy Bolters are utterly wasted.
B - a squad of cheap infantry. The Heavy Bolters work, but the Lascannon is wasteful overkill.

I'd try reworking your tanks to a dedicated purpose. I personally only ever run all-Lascannon Predators nowadays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All righty then... first question.... they are cheap. And I don't like the idea of making uber-characters that can wade through an army on their own. (I kinda run a Chaos Leiutenant Boot Camp) They generally get set-up on one flank and go (in tandem) to cause as much destruction/ disruption as possible so that the rest of the army can "piecemeal" the opponent at their leisure. As far as modelling Dae. Speed goes, I made a chaos marine with the talons from the mutation sprue and slapped an old style Raptor pack on him. (Admittedly, this is more a Dae. Flight modelling adjustment... but I think it can work for any speed ability)

Point Number 2 regarding the Oblits... If I had 6 I probably would field 6 :D

Point 3... the Troops...

I have taken some of this recommendation to heart and dropped squad 6, split squad 1 into 2 10 man squads in Rhinos (with thier plasma guns.... they can rapid fire 12 inches even if they move).... I also wound up dropping that infilitrating Havoc squad... so now the Las squads are all 6 and have Night Vision.... now that I'm thinking about it.... maybe I should simply re-post the new list.

Last point.... the Preds are configured for flexibility... they can be effective against all targets whether its tanks or a horde army. I would even consider dropping the TL Las for the Autocannon for the points... (after all I do have 9 other lascannons on the field)... and the shots too. Hmmmmm..... back to Army Builder for me... I'll be back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.