Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The army is an exodite themed army. Kinda restricted in models due to my conversions. You can see my pictures for the army here.

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/painting/113246-my-eldar-exodite-army-alot-pictures.html

HQ:
Autarch @ 155 Pts
Mandiblaster; Eldar Jetbike; Laser Lance; Reaper Launcher

Farseer @ 185 Pts
Doom; Fortune; Runes of Warding; Runes of Witnessing; Spirit Stones; Eldar Jetbike; Witchblade

5 Warlocks @ 251 Pts
1 Warlock
Jetbike; Enhance; Singing Spear
1 Warlock
Jetbike; Embolden; Singing Spear
3 Warlocksk
Jetbike
Troops:

6 Guardian Jetbike Squadron @ 152 Pts
Shuriken Cannon (x2)

6 Guardian Jetbike Squadron @ 152 Pts
Shuriken Cannon (x2)

Fast Attack:
Shining Spears 252 Pts)
4 Shining Spears
Exarch with Skilled Rider; WithDraw; Star Lance; Shuriken Cannon

5 Warp Spiders @ 110 Pts

5 Warp Spiders @ 110 Pts

Heavy Support:
Wraithlord @ 135 Pts
Flamer (x2); Missile Launcher (ML); Scatter Laser (SctL)

Fire Prism @ 170 Pts
Holo-Field, Spirit Stone, Shuriken Cannon, Prism Cannon

Fire Prism @ 170 Pts
Holo-Field, Spirit Stone, Shuriken Cannon, Prism Cannon

Total Roster Cost: 1842

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Ok a couple of things to note here,
The Autarch can not fire the Reaper Launcher if he moves on the bike. The bike only allows you to fire heavy or rapid fire weapons and move if they are bike mounted, the Reaper Launcher is not bike mounted.

On your warlock squad I would give them all singing spears.

Personally it seems like a waste to buy both the star lance and the shuriken cannon, sure you will get the extra attack with the shuriken cannon the round before you charge, but you are paying extra points for something that you won’t get to use that often.

If you have the points at all to arrange around I would add another member or two to your warp spider squads, they are (for me at least) the single most valuable unit in the Eldar force.

Your Wraith Lord is ok, but I would personally prefer it to be more specialized either for tank hunting or troop killing, I know that the Eldar missile launch works decent for both but I prefer a bit more focus one way or the other. With that said if you are going to make the Wraith Lord a diverse unit then you have armed him correctly since the scatter laser can work well for light tank hunting and the missile launcher can work ok for light troop hunting.

I personally don’t really care for the shuriken cannon on the fire prisms because it seems to be just added cost with out much real benefit. Most people that put the shuriken cannon on them do so to make it a back up weapon but IMO the TL-shuriken cats are nearly as good and help to keep the tank leaner.

·
378 Posts
The Autarch can not fire the Reaper Launcher if he moves on the bike. The bike only allows you to fire heavy or rapid fire weapons and move if they are bike mounted, the Reaper Launcher is not bike mounted.
I actually had a semi-official errata on this by Cavatore (one of the big GW-Italy guys) saying that it's the other way around: you can move, shoot and assault just like the weapon was mounted on the bike. It's just a matter of modelling. Nevertheless, no official ruling has come out as yet, so it's just down to house ruling here... as a side note: due to Cavatore's opinion most of Italy plays that you can move and shoot.

And how could a WL be more effective at anti-tank? The only anti tank that eldar have are EMLs and BLs and having a TL lance would seem quite pointless with BS4!

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
I actually had a semi-official errata on this by Cavatore (one of the big GW-Italy guys) saying that it's the other way around: you can move, shoot and assault just like the weapon was mounted on the bike. It's just a matter of modelling. Nevertheless, no official ruling has come out as yet, so it's just down to house ruling here... as a side note: due to Cavatore's opinion most of Italy plays that you can move and shoot.
Well that is nice that a GW staff member said that, but the GW publications do not support it, when I see something in writing then I will agree. Fortunately in the 5th edition rumors this is fixed so that bikes can move and fire with all rapidfire & heavy weapons.

And how could a WL be more effective at anti-tank? The only anti tank that eldar have are EMLs and BLs and having a TL lance would seem quite pointless with BS4!
He currently has it outfitted with an EML & Scatter Laser…my suggestion would be to change that to an EML & BL so that it would be better at tank hunting. I never suggested going TL-BL.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
agree with platypus, rd ed had it entirely the other way, 4th ed is inconclusive, the rumoured 5th ed clerifies it the other way.

Agree with the WL weapon change, also would look to drop warlocks with embolden into those bike squads

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Platypus
To my knowledge he could fire his reaper launcher. I had seen a long threat months ago on a forum on this topic. In the long run I find out he cant use it, I can remove it from the model. I put it his back with a magnet so I could have some modularity.

On your warlock squad I would give them all singing spears.
I thought about that too, but I wanted to use the bike unit as my second CC hammer unit. I was able to kill 2 space wolf characters with that unit in a game. The only time they failed me was against a Ctan, but who doesnt die horribly to them. I figured 2 spears would be good for ranged anti tank, and I will still have a good chunck of attacks in h2h.

Personally it seems like a waste to buy both the star lance and the shuriken cannon, sure you will get the extra attack with the shuriken cannon the round before you charge, but you are paying extra points for something that you won’t get to use that often.
I am definately on the bubble here. I modeled the cannon with a magnet under his mount if decided to remove it from the list. Honestly my goal of the army was victory point denial to a degree. I know the wraithlord doesnt fit that theme but I put him for modeling purposes. I am really short on points for upgrades, so that cannon is the first thing I remove when I get to that point.

If you have the points at all to arrange around I would add another member or two to your warp spider squads, they are (for me at least) the single most valuable unit in the Eldar force.
God I wish I could. I dont even have an exarch in those units. If I had the extra 40 points I would probably put vectored engines on the prisms first. I liked that they are real cheap, so if they get caught it doesnt hurt too much.

Your Wraith Lord is ok, but I would personally prefer it to be more specialized either for tank hunting or troop killing, I know that the Eldar missile launch works decent for both but I prefer a bit more focus one way or the other. With that said if you are going to make the Wraith Lord a diverse unit then you have armed him correctly since the scatter laser can work well for light tank hunting and the missile launcher can work ok for light troop hunting.
Khelder
I originally planned to run him with EML and BL, but the BL got down graded to a SL when I was crunching totals. He does fit well as my anti hoard/light tank. But my army has alot of St6 so light tanks should be toast. I honestly dont expect this guy to do much. But I got a new kid and dont have the time to model or paint a new dragon.

Thanks for some new ideas.
Do you guys think I should add VE's to the prisms? I was also thinking of splitting the 2 troop units into units of 3. I hate running the min/max thing, but 4 units are so much better then 2 when it comes to objective grabbing.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
I would definitely split the troops up.

As for the VE on the prism, IMO they are way to expensive for the tank. The only time I put VE on a vehicle is if I am taking banshees in a serpent and that is only because you have to hold the banshees longer then other units to keep them save.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.