Troops:

(250) 30x Slugga Boyz- Nob w/ PK + Boss Pole + 3x Rokkits

Fast:

(232) 16 Storm Boyz- Nob w/ PK and BP

(190) 6x Warbikers- Nob w/ PK and BP

The plan is to put the Warboss with the burnas and move them along with the main body of sluggas, burning up big groups or slicing through high armor saves. Sluggas can walk and shoot rokkits or run if need be (12 rokkits ain't bad). The bikers and Storms can flank and I'll ideally run them together with the bikers shooting and the storms charging. Their PKs also make them capable of wrecking vehicles. The Warpead will join the meganobz- they can either guard an objective in cover or teleport and wreak havoc.

Let me know your thoughts! And please, NO suggestions for lootas!!

·
357 Posts
First off Lootas, Just kidding

Warboss--should have cybork body and maybe comi-skorcha
Warphead--not really that good I would drop fore mek w/KFF since you are foot slugging.

Meganobz--should not be guarding objectives! they only are really good in a transport as they move really slowly.
burnas--not the best on foot, really not that good with only 5. drop or add more

Boys--Maybe make 2 of the units shootas so that way you can thin out some units because you need 2ish turns before you get into combat. also don't take heavy weapons in foot slogging slugga/choppa boys as you need to run every turn before they get shot up add the KFF to one of these. With that maybe take out the rokkits for big shootas. (cause if you take out 6 from 2 units you have 6 left and then only about 2 hits and thats not doing much.

Warbikers--Good although it is hard to use regular bikers as nob bikers are loads better.
Storm boys--never used them like the fluff/models, but not the best unit. maybe killa kans with kustum mega blasters if you keep them stick to cover until you assault. with that many they should do some good.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice, thanks. With the Mega Nobz I'm hoping that the warphead can teleport them into combat range. As for the shootas, I don't have the models and figure if I'm running at the enemy I can't shoot anyway. The rokkits I was thinking would be needed as some anti-tank but the running thing does complicate it...

I'll try to put out a tweaked list soon :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like the army, simple and lot'sa boyz! My main suggestion is to put Ghaxghkull Thraka in the army. If you run on turn 1, then use his awesome Waaagh! you will probably get some sluggas in combat on turn 2, and let's face it, they suck bad at shooting so you might aswell.

I like everything else though, specially the burna's, they're awesome!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Seems very solid, exept I like to use fast anti tank so that no pie plate launchers can take out half my boyz on turn 1 or 2. I suggest Rokkit buggies, because that biker PK might need some help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.