Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i love the scout models and decided to make an army which i will use.

Chaplin cassuis 125

10 combat scouts 165
Sergeant w/ PF

10 sniper scouts 185
Sergeant w/ melta bombs, cloaks, rocket

10 snipers scouts 187
Telion , Rocket

5 shotgun scouts 80
Sergent w/ Meltabomb

5 shotgun scouts 80
Sergent w/ Meltabomb

Gun terminators 230
CML,

Gun terminators 230
CML,

2 Landspeeder storms 130
Mulitmelta

Land Raider redeemer 265
Extra armor, Storm bolter

Whirlwind 85

Whirlwind 85

Combat scouts go with the chaplin into land raider. Speeders up the sides and terminaters + sniper shoot away. So what do you think?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Heres what I would do:

1). Lose the shotgun scouts, they always seem to do less than bolters or combat scouts (or snipers for that matter).
2). Don't stick scouts in a landraider. Infiltrate your combat scouts into cover and put the termies with Cassius into the landraider. If you wanted you could then make them assualt termies.

Apart from that it seems alright. You have 5 scoring units (and thats without combat squading) and some hard hitting equipment. I'd like to see whether it works.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have to disagree wholeheartedly on the shotgun scouts. I've never had problems with mine.

That said, I do suggest replacing the land raider redeemer with a crusader, and getting a plus sized squad of assault termies in there. It may also be worth looking into to get another LSS/scout unit in the list, or some powerfists on the existing squads (or both, if you can manage it). Perhaps using combat squads and repurposing a portion of the combat scout squad?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I find that scout armies do best in lower point games, i've gone 2 wins and a loss with my 1000 point scout army.

-Scout bikes are invaluble, their mobility is unparalled and their increased T helps them survive. Scout bikes cost6 just a few points more than normal scouts, so there's no excuse not to take them.

-Scout combat units need powerfists.

-Shrike is a good leader for your scouts. He can help them deal damage n combat while infiltrating with them. He also bestows fleet on your army -an army that must rely on speed to hit weakpoints. He would also allow you to infiltrate your terminators, which would be a great distraction unit.

The Emperor Protects

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
10 sniper scouts 185
Sergeant w/ melta bombs, cloaks, rocket
Drop the meltabombs. If anything, they should be on your cc-scouts instead. Your snipers should be in cover far away from the action.

10 snipers scouts 187
Telion , Rocket
Give them cloaks. Telion's stealth does not confer to the entire unit, only to himself.

5 shotgun scouts 80
Sergent w/ Meltabomb

5 shotgun scouts 80
Sergent w/ Meltabomb
Change out the shotguns for CCW+BP to take advantage of the LSS' special rule on assault.

Gun terminators 230
CML,

Gun terminators 230
CML,
Change out one of these terminators for assault terminators and put them in your LRR.

Land Raider redeemer 265
Extra armor, Storm bolter
Switch out the storm bolter with multi-melta instead.

Whirlwind 85

Whirlwind 85
Whirlwinds are fail. If you can find the points some where (maybe your big cc-sout unit), swap them for a couple of vindicators instead.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the idea i had was cassuis leads the combat squad to make them pretty deadly in combat. Id rather not get assault terminators as then ill be doing what every other player does and that a big no no for me. As the whirl winds go, i think they can be decent and with 2 they can be useful. Team is also around Ultra marines so no shrike, i think he is great but ive decided on my marines. I also thin the redemer is a cool tank and is very well in my opinion as it best suits as a Chaplins tank which i will be converting heavily. I will try it out and see and if it dont work ill will change, i always like testing before changing just my preference and thanks for ideas for future.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Change out the shotguns for CCW+BP to take advantage of the LSS' special rule on assault.
Shotties are assault weapons, they still make use of the rule. They also give the attacker an extra attack per model on the turn they charge, which actually boosts the chance of using the LSS rule to good effect.

Whirlwinds are fail. If you can find the points some where (maybe your big cc-sout unit), swap them for a couple of vindicators instead.
They're only fail if you try to use them as a tank (which they're not). Like any artillery, they'll do just fine if you stick them behind cover somewhere where they'll be hard to shoot at.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Shotties are assault weapons, they still make use of the rule. They also give the attacker an extra attack per model on the turn they charge, which actually boosts the chance of using the LSS rule to good effect.
With shotties, you pump 2 shots with them and then you charge in with 2 attacks each (3 for sergeant). With CCW+BP, you only get 1 shot each, however, you charge in with 3 attacks each (4 for sergeant). The LSS's special rule only matters in assault. The more attacks in assault, the better. That's why CCW+BP work better with Storms. Besides, if the LSS moves more than 6", the passengers cannot fire at all so you've just lost your shotgun advantage.

They're only fail if you try to use them as a tank (which they're not). Like any artillery, they'll do just fine if you stick them behind cover somewhere where they'll be hard to shoot at.
They are fail because they don't threaten anyone except hordes or footsloggers with 4+ saves or worse. Sure you can hide them behind a building where they can't really be shot at. That's fine with me as I take out your transports and other more important units. They do well enough against the right army (swarm nids or orks). Against anything else they're a small nuisance and nothing more.

Vindicators, on the other hand, threaten all - infantry, swarms, terminators, land raiders, monoliths, monstrous creatures. They're durable enough with their AV 13 armor but cheap enough that if you lose one, it's not really a big loss. More importantly, what I find is that they normally draw an incredible amount of fire, thus giving your other units enough time to get close to the enemy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.