Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m working on 1850 Space Wolves list this is what I got so far.
(Tear it apart with comments!!)

HQ
Venerable Dreadnought 175

Twin linked Lascannon

Wolf Guard Battle Leader 81
Frost blade, bolt pistol

Wolf Guard Battle Leader 81
Frost blade, bolt pistol

Elite

6 Wolf Scouts 174
2 power weapons
1 Meltagun
1 Wolf Guard
Lightening Claws
Wolf tooth
Frag
MeltaBomb

Troop

7 Grey Hunters 225
Power Fist, Bolters
1 Wolf Guard
Lightening Claws
Frag
MeltaBomb
Drop Pod

9 Blood Claws 262
Power Fist
Power Weapon
Meltagun
1 Wolf Guard
Lightening Claws

8 Blood Claws 248
Power Fist
Power Weapon
Meltagun
1 Wolf Guard
Lightening Claws

8 Blood Claws 248
Power Fist
Power Weapon
Meltagun
1 Wolf Guard
Lightening Claws

Heavy Support

5 Long Fangs 178
2 missile Launchers
2 Heavy Bolters
Bolter

5 Long Fangs 178
2 missile Launchers
2 Heavy Bolters
Bolter

Thanks for any replies

P. S. I have a Tournament coming up on the weekend
400pts and I have to have one troop choice and due to being space
Wolves I have to have one HQ. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I would stay away from long fangs. As soon as they take casualties, they lose important weapons and abilities.

Can you give a drop pod to a SW venerable Dread? If so, do it, and replace the TLLC with the basic lascannon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, here we go:

1)Are you sure you-re going with a footsloging SW army? If you want to do it, make 15 strong blood claws packs, and add a Wolf Priest with balms instead of one Wolf Guard BL. His balms will save 3, maybe 4 BC.

2)Get your ven dread a Drop Pod, and an Assault Cannon and a Heavy Flamer AND watch your advesary´s face when you land. ;)

3)As cool as they are, Lightning claws in your WGPLs are to expensive, Power Fist is the best. You´ll have a hidden PF with 5 attacks on the charge, and hitting on 3+ (give them wolf tooth), cant get better than that. :D

4)Oh, and PF on your squads, BCs and GHs, much better than Power Weapon.

5)Drop Podding GH: I love this config: Wolf Guard w/ PF, 2 GH with Plasma Pistols/CCW, 2 GH with PF/Bolter, 1 GH w/ Plasma Gun and the rest with bolter/ccw. You can land near a tank and pop it (except Land Raiders and Monoliths, the rest you can get on the side), or even better, land near an expensive adversary unit, and unleash 4 Plasma shots and a lot of bolter shots too. For an added pump, but dangerous, give your WGPL an Plasma Pistol too.

6)Your scouts, if they are going to OBEL, are too expensive. Give them one role only tank hunting/Heavy weapon squad hunting and kit them for that only, they ARE going to die the turn they enter the game.

7)Heavy Sup: Long Fangs are TOO expensive, they only have a place in 13th company armies, and only because they are the only way you can get Heavy Weapons. Just for fun they are cool.
I like to have a vindicator, 2 is even better. :D They WILL attract ALL your opponents fire to them instead of to your troops.

But, play with your list, have fun, and learn with it. :D

Hope that helps.
Eduardo

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't understand why most people don't use long fangs. Yes they are really expensive, but if you have a nice spot to put them in, (bunker, forest) they are pretty damn awesome. Basically its the luck of the roll. I usually only take one squad of 5, one leader, two with lascannons, and two with heavy bolters just so whataver i come across i can do a descent amount of damage with. Long Fangs are awesome in my opinion, expensive but effective. BUT i wouldn't take two sqauds. Otherwise your list isn't bad, i usually try and go with three squads of bc's and one gh squad with a razorback. The only thing i don't like is your HQ selection. I always run a ven dread with assault cannon because with 4 rending rolls needing 2's is pretty damn good. Also a wolf lord. Yes he can be expensive, but with 3 wounds and two fenerisian wolves with a belt of russ and frost blade, he is unstoppable. and i'd either use a wolf priest because he comes with a 4+ invo, or ONLY one wolf guard battle leader. Well thats my input. Hope it helps.

oh and that tourny, check the rules because in some tournaments the rules ignore special rules like the spacewolves have. (Basically you could take a blood claws squad without a greyhunter squad)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh by the way I forgot to add something
all Blood claws have a rhino with
smoke launchers and extra armour.
Thanks for the comments
and why don’t you all come and check
out the space wolves clan??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts