Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rune Priest @ 102 Pts
(w/ Bolt Pistol, Frost Blade, & Frag)

Wolf Priest @ 96 Pts
(w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, & Frag)

Venerable Dreadnought @ 190 Pts
(w/ Extra Armor & Drop Pod)

6 Wolf Scouts @ 158 Pts
(Melta Bombs, 2 w/ Plasma Pistol & Power Weapon, 3 w/ Bolt Pistol & CCW, & 1 w/ Meltagun)

8 Grey Hunters @ 239 Pts
(2 w/ Bolt Pistol & Power fist, 1 w/ Meltagun, 5 w/ Bolter & CCW, & Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke Launchers)

8 Grey Hunters @ 239 Pts
(2 w/ Bolt Pistol & Power fist, 1 w/ Meltagun, 5 w/ Bolter & CCW, & Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke Launchers)

8 Blood Claws @ 194 Pts
(6 w/ Bolt Pistol & CCW, 2 w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist, & Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke Launchers)

8 Blood Claws @ 194 Pts
(6 w/ Bolt Pistol & CCW, 2 w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist, & Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke Launchers)

Vindicator @ 156 Pts
(Power of the Machine Spirit, Search Light)

Vindicator @ 156 Pts
(Power of the Machine Spirit, Search Light)

Predator Destructor @ 126 Pts
(Autocannon, 2 Lascannon, & Searchlight)

Total Roster Cost: 1850

A couple of notes:
-The scouts have the PW & PP because about half the armies I face don’t have any vehicles that are held at the back of the board (they either have no vehicles or only have transports that zoom up to the front of the board), so the power weapons lets them be useful against heavy weapon squads as well. Usually I will be either using them for CC or tank hunting, not both which is why I am not afraid of putting the PP on the same model as the PW.
-Vindicators, yes I no that they are not usually a popular choice, but I figured that with 2 of them I might be able to keep them alive longer. I really am just trying to have some more diverse Heavy options then just predators, since the long fangs are useless and I really don’t want to spend the points on a landraider. Comments and criticism is welcome on them though, since I have yet to ever use Vindicators.

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
I can dig it. I've never experienced Vindi's firsthand, but I like any list that is willing to go out on a limb with less proven units. I do have a suggestion concerning the scouts though (and it's not my usual!).

Scouts (4) - plasma pistol + CCW x2, bolt pistol + CCW x1, meltagun x1
Wolf Guard Leader - plasma pistol + fist, wolf tooth necklace
151 points

Alternatively you could keep the meltabombs and equip the WGPL with pp + pw without the WTN for the same cost, though I think the necklace is well worth it. At any rate I think that if you plan to get into CC with the squad then the WGPL is worth losing a few bp + ccw scouts over.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I really debated the use of a WGL in the scouts, I definantly like the power fist since it acts as a both a troop and tank hunting weapon. I guess the kicker of why I should use the WGL is the additional PP.

Thansk for the advice on them...

EDIT: by my calculations the squad you build there costs 171 not 151

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nevermind...I was still adding in the cost of the power weapons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.