Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you (like me) who are obsessed with genestealer-cult armies, and remeber the days of old, when you could field these guys, this list is for you.

Remember this is a theme army. So, for those of you who don't know, each unit is labled as "counts as" rule-wise. The models will be accurate to the fluff, but the rules will follow what they represent. For example in my list, there a 3 genstealer Magi. Which have the model and fluff of a Magus, but have the stats of a Zoanathrope.

Without further adieu, here's the list:

HQ

Broodlord- implant attack, toxin sacs, acid maw.* (104)

*Retinue of 8 stealers with extended carapace. (160)

Heavy

Genestealer Patriarch (counts as carnifex)- toxin sacs, sycthing talons, crushing claws, tusked, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, extended carapace, adren glands (WS) (188 )

Magus
(counts as zoanthrope)- Synapse and Warp Blast. (65)

Magus

Magus

Troops

Squad of Hybrids (counts as spineguants)- 32 guants, spinefists. (160)

Genestealer Squad- 12 stealers, extended carapace. (240)

I figured the carnifex would be a better representation of a genestealer patriarch. It was either that or a tyrant with guard. But I couldn't think of what the guard would represent so I went with the carni. This is a very tempting army to make. As it represents the main part of a genestealer cult army, that has been mobilised for war to face some threat. Or perhaps it's the core of the army in the final battle to gain utter control of the planet they have been infiltrating for so long... you be the judge. 8)

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
numberofthebeastxxx said:
*Retinue of 8 stealers with extended carapace. (200)
Shouldn't this either be 10x Genestealers? Or 160 points?

Other than that, the list looks really good.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I fixed the points.

But... no one has any suggestions or problems?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well you're obvious problem will be keping those spinegaunts in synapse mrange. Like the idea though

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bebe said:
Well you're obvious problem will be keping those spinegaunts in synapse mrange. Like the idea though
Hence tha Magi. But I'd obviously i'd have to keep them quite close. I was thinking of positioning them so that 1 Magus would be within range of at least 2 squads of the hybrids. That way they wont fall apart by one dying.

Kind of like this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX..................XXXXXXXXXXXXXX...................XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXHybrid SquadXX.................XXHybrid SquadXX..................XXHybrid SquadXX
...............Magus..<<12 inches>>.....Magus.......<<12 inches>>Magus

·
Registered
70 Posts
Throw a EC on that broodlord, will you be infiltrating him?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
redone said:
Throw a EC on that broodlord, will you be infiltrating him?
Yes I will infiltrate him with his squad. And, because he has a squad, I opted to get another stealer instead of the EC. Because, when they are shot at, I have to use the majority armor save. I would only use the 3+ when/if the squad is killed. But I'm fairly sure he'll be safe in combat at that point. If it proves to be problematic on the battlefield, then yes, I'll drop a stealer fom one squad and give him EC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts