Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm trying to figure out my tournament list and am asking for suggestions and any advice with this list especially if someone has run a similar list.

HQ
Ethereal
Commander MP, FB, Iridium, SI, SG, Puretide

Aegis Defense Line

Elites
3 Crisis Suits PR MP
Riptide IA PR SI EWO

Troops
6 FW
6 FW
12 FW
12 FW
12 Kroot w/Sniper

Fast Attack
8 Pathfinders
8 Pathfinders

Heavy Support
Hammerhead Railgun, Longstrike, DP
Hammerhead Ion BF
3 Broadsides 3 velocity Trackers and 2 shield drones

I want this to be a gunline Tau list that can be able to push towards midfield if need be. The Tau's main weakness is being able to push their enemies back and take over their land. This list is supposed to be close to the enemy with tons of fire support plus markerlight support. I will move the pathfinders on the flanks normally. The Broadsides and Ethereal are always behind the aegis defense line. The Ethereal will be attached to a FW group or any other unit I wish to place in the aegis depending on what kind of army I am facing. All the Scenarios are objective base and I wanted to get a lot of troop choices for that. I hate running devilfish because I still haven't been able to figure a way out to use them right with putting a ton of points into them. Plus my fish of fury doesn't seem to be working out as well as I hoped for 6th edition. The Commander will most likely be with the crisis suits pushing forward. He's gonna be in the lead. This is a general list and I haven't gone for any specific opponent because I do not know what I will be facing. I still haven't decided what weapon I am going to put on my Broadsides. I am favoring the heavy rail rifles for now, but through play testing I might switch them to the HYMP. I love the Longstrike Hammerhead. Whenever I play my opponent which I normally play who has imperial guard it takes almost a tank each turn and recieves a lot of fire power. I'll infiltrate the Kroot or put them with the group that rushes forward.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
I like this list but there's a few things I would change out of personal preference.

I would rather have the EWO on the broadsides than VT. They put out enough twin linked shots to be able to take down or at least hurt flyers on your opponents turn.

MP/PR suits IMO aren't as good as double PR or double MP.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would rather have the EWO on the broadsides than VT. They put out enough twin linked shots to be able to take down or at least hurt flyers on your opponents turn.
I'd rather have both and drop the stims... I've come around to this way of thinking, you just hvae to be sensible in your use of the reactor and only use it when needed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrighty I updated it, any thoughts?

HQ

Ethereal
Commander MP, FB, Iridium, SI, SG, Puretide OG

Aegis Defense Line w/quad gun

Elites
3 Crisis Suits 2x MP
Riptide IA PR VT EWO

Troops
6 FW
6 FW
12 FW
12 FW
12 Kroot 1 kroot hound

Fast Attack
5 Pathfinders
5 Pathfinders
5 Pathfinders

Heavy Support

Hammerhead Ion BF
3 Broadsides 2 velocity Trackers 1 ewo and 1 shield drone

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So I changed teh commander to 2 missile pods and took out the shield drone for snipers. Do you think the snipers are still better when you outflank the kroot?

HQ

Ethereal
Commander 2xMP, Iridium, SI, SG, Puretide OG

Aegis Defense Line w/quad gun

Elites
3 Crisis Suits 2x MP
Riptide IA PR VT EWO

Troops
6 FW
6 FW
12 FW
12 FW
12 Kroot w/snipers 1 kroot hound

Fast Attack
5 Pathfinders
5 Pathfinders
5 Pathfinders

Heavy Support

Hammerhead Ion BF
3 Broadsides 2 velocity Trackers 1 ewo 3 Heavy Rail Rifles

·
Registered
138 Posts
IMHO, you still need a fusion in there somewhere, in case long strike goes down. I thought you hq did well w/ pods and blaster. You could switch his stims out for a blaster, keeping x2 pods for opening turns. I disagree that pods and fusion don't mix well. They are the two most important crisis weapons, if you ask me, and work well for tank and MC hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.