·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CCS 4x plasma, Chimera 165

PBS +4 psykers, Chimera 155

Veterans 3x grenade launchers, Chimera 140

Veterans 3x Grenade launchers, Chimera 140

Platoon Chenkove, 4x autocannons, 3x squads, 2x SWS w/ 2x flamers, demo charge 400

Valkyrie MRPs 130

Valkyrie MRPs 130

Heavy 1-Demolisher XXX

Heavy 2- Demolisher XXX

Heavy 3- Manticore XXX

100 points left to play around with but I want to keep my kill points down (after combining the platoon I'll be at 17) The Idea is the platoon camps home base and chenkove makes the whole thing stubborn. The Manticore castles up with the demolishers and uses the veterans to cover their advance. The CCS and PBS operate independantly and try to hose stuff down before the big tanks stop being fire magnets.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
I'd go all Flamer on the SWS, saves points and Demo Chrages, not the most reliable thing ever.

Your PBS needs to be full strength or it's useless.

All the Chimeras/Demolisher should have Heavy Flamers.

Chenkov......meh. Not great but not bad. I'd test it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Useless? the difference is stength 9 vs str 8. Ablative wounds aside I'd rather save the ten points and use my demolishers for crunching heavies and my PBS for infantry (since they cut into MEQs only half the time).

The vehicles all have Heavy flamers

The SWS runs up onto objectives and clears them out. Hopefully they're in the cover with the objective holder and are getting the same cover save in case of blow back.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Vets with grenade launchers? Their BS4 is too useful to throw away by giving them grenade launchers. Meltas are, in my opinion, the best weapons for Vets to have. It'd give your army some nice anti-tank capability, too. Maybe I don't understand the role you intend to use them for, however.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
CCS 4x plasma, Chimera 165
I only recommend plasma guns for units that are going to sit back and either defend an objective or the backfield. But you've got that covered with the platoon. Go with Meltas instead. Or 3 x Melta and a Heavy Flamer trooper.

BTW: ALL of your vehicles, unless you have a VERY good reason should have heavy flamers on them.

PBS +4 psykers, Chimera 155
These could be fun, but I don't think you need them as much as you need a Hellhound.

Veterans 3x grenade launchers, Chimera 140

Veterans 3x Grenade launchers, Chimera 140
Leave the grenade launchers for the platoon and give these guys meltas. They're gonna be (or at least should be) charging into mid-field to kill Armor and MCs.

Platoon Chenkove, 4x autocannons, 3x squads, 2x SWS w/ 2x flamers, demo charge 400
Chenkov's not a bad idea, I like it. Only 15 more points than a Commissar and he gives you without number combined with 12" of stubborn. But give each squad an autocannon/grenade launcher combo. Then give Chenkov's squad flamers. The squad(s) will pound face from afar and act as a shield. While Chenkov's squad will put the hurt on any enemy squad that wanders too close.

Valkyrie MRPs 130

Valkyrie MRPs 130
Valks are anti-infantry transports, and you've got anti-infantry covered pretty well already. What you really need is more long-range AT. So consider taking Vendettas instead.

Heavy 1-Demolisher XXX

Heavy 2- Demolisher XXX

Heavy 3- Manticore XXX
All fine, just make sure you put heavy flamers on them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moded the list a bit. All chimeras are ML+HF Demos are Cannon+HF.

CCS
4x melta

Chimera

CCS
Lascannon
Astropath
camo cloaks
vox caster

PCS 4x flamers
Chimera
105pts

IS Auto cannon, grenade launcher, vox
IS Auto cannon, grenade launcher
IS Auto cannon, grenade launcher
IS Lascannon, vox
IS Lascannon
345pts

Veterans
3x plasma guns
Chimera

Veterans
3x plasma guns
Chimera
170pts

Veterans
3x melta guns
Valkyrie w/rocket pods

Veterans
3x melta guns
Valkyrie w/rocket pods

Demolisher
Demolisher

This list has the auto cannons holding home and cutting down transports while the lascannons, plasma vets and melta CCS take out MCs and heavy vehicles center center. The Valks and PCS start in reserve and use the astropath to come on in a timely maner. melta vets threeaten 24" into the board with three melta shots while the PCs dashes forward to an objective under cover of the demolishers.

C&C welcome

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Chenkov......meh. Not great but not bad. I'd test it out.
I like the efficiency of him. You get a 12" stubborn bubble (and a power weapon) for only 15 more points than a single Commissar. That can save a lot points!
----------
Moded the list a bit. All chimeras are ML+HF Demos are Cannon+HF.
You need a Commissar (or Chenkov) to keep the infantry blob stubborn. Lose the squad lascannons, and pack in more autocannons and grenade launchers. Dump the Vox's too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do I need stubborn? The voxes and chenkove where their to make sure they would respond to get back in the fight. Now with a CCs they also have the blastier orders. If they have stubborn they become a tarpit and any assault squad can just hangout in assault not really fearing my rebutle while possibly contesting home base. If the squad runs away, then is regrouped by the CCS then it faces a huge blast of counter fire hopefully taking it out. In a KP mission It would be nice to have the stubborn so the unit isn't swept up but in the other 2/3 of missions I find it a disadvantage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.