Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! This is my fist attempt at a list with the new codex at this level. I simply took the units that I wanted to take and then edited it to a 1850 list, so here it is;

HQ:
(Wanted to include a Tyranid Prime or a Hive Tyrant, but I ran out of points. The Parasite seems like a lot of fun! He will be Traveling with the Gargoyles. Any suggestions of what to get rid of to include a Tyrant or Prime would be much appreciated!)

Parasite of Mortex- 160

Elites:
(I want to try Venomthropes out before I make a decision if they are good are not, but I have a feeling they will have add a lot of synergy to the list)

3x Zoanthropes- 180

2x Venomthropes- 110

Troops:
(The Tervigons look a little too expensive, although all the upgrades are pretty sound choices, I took a unit of spine gaunts because I don't have enough fleshborers and it looks like I never will. But the spine gaunts are pretty good from what I have seen so far)

Tervigon- 200
Cluster Spines
scything talons
Catalyst
adrenal glands
toxin sacs

Tervigon- 200
Cluster Spines
scything talons
Catalyst
adrenal glands
toxin sacs

29x Termagants- 145

30x Spinegaunts- 180

Fast Attack:
(Pretty self explanatory, flying around with the Parasite and will be my flanking unit)

20x Gargoyles- 120

20x Gargoyles- 120

Heavy Support:
(Wanted a second Mawloc, but i didn't fit in the point range. He appears to be a pretty good anti-tank option though, i'm considering him to as a potential tank buster. The Tyrannofex has so much shtlk on him, I am still having trouble figuring out all what he has! But he will be one of the main anti-tank units)
Mawloc-170

Tyrannofex- 265
Rupture Cannon

This is partially what I have and what I want. I am in the process of making the Tervigons, Parasite of Mortex, and Tyrannofex. I need to buy some more gaunts for the Tervigons, another two Zoanthropes, another Veomthrope, and I have no gargoyles currently.

The Set up is pretty easy to figure out, the swarm moves forward(Tervigons, Termagants, Spinegaunts, Venomthropes, and Zoanthropes) While the Mawloc causes general disruption and the gargoyles and Tyrannofex will fly/walk about the flanks(not together of course, but I want the Tyrannofex seperate from the swarm)

I just now forgot that i wanted to include the deathleaper! shtlk! Oh well, if anyone sees anything that I could get rid of for the death leaper let me know.

Critique is encouraged! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello everyone! This is my fist attempt at a list with the new codex at this level. I simply took the units that I wanted to take and then edited it to a 1850 list, so here it is;

HQ:
(Wanted to include a Tyranid Prime or a Hive Tyrant, but I ran out of points. The Parasite seems like a lot of fun! He will be Traveling with the Gargoyles. Any suggestions of what to get rid of to include a Tyrant or Prime would be much appreciated!)

Parasite of Mortex- 160

Elites:
(I want to try Venomthropes out before I make a decision if they are good are not, but I have a feeling they will have add a lot of synergy to the list)

3x Zoanthropes- 180

2x Venomthropes- 110
could remove 1

Troops:
(The Tervigons look a little too expensive, although all the upgrades are pretty sound choices, I took a unit of spine gaunts because I don't have enough fleshborers and it looks like I never will. But the spine gaunts are pretty good from what I have seen so far)

Tervigon- 200
Cluster Spines
scything talons
Catalyst
adrenal glands
toxin sacs

Tervigon- 200
Cluster Spines
scything talons
Catalyst
adrenal glands
toxin sacs
I would Consider removing the adrenal glands. With toxin sacs your strength characteristic won't matter too much and I2 will only help you escape powerfists. Your discretion, but if you are looking for points.

29x Termagants- 145

30x Spinegaunts- 180
could change to basic termagants, or reduce both squad numbers by 5-10 to free up a few points

Fast Attack:
(Pretty self explanatory, flying around with the Parasite and will be my flanking unit)

20x Gargoyles- 120

20x Gargoyles- 120
same, could drop a few for points

Heavy Support:
(Wanted a second Mawloc, but i didn't fit in the point range. He appears to be a pretty good anti-tank option though, i'm considering him to as a potential tank buster. The Tyrannofex has so much shtlk on him, I am still having trouble figuring out all what he has! But he will be one of the main anti-tank units)
Mawloc-170

Tyrannofex- 265
Rupture Cannon

This is partially what I have and what I want. I am in the process of making the Tervigons, Parasite of Mortex, and Tyrannofex. I need to buy some more gaunts for the Tervigons, another two Zoanthropes, another Veomthrope, and I have no gargoyles currently.

The Set up is pretty easy to figure out, the swarm moves forward(Tervigons, Termagants, Spinegaunts, Venomthropes, and Zoanthropes) While the Mawloc causes general disruption and the gargoyles and Tyrannofex will fly/walk about the flanks(not together of course, but I want the Tyrannofex seperate from the swarm)

I just now forgot that i wanted to include the deathleaper! shtlk! Oh well, if anyone sees anything that I could get rid of for the death leaper let me know.

Critique is encouraged! Thank you in advance!
Seems pretty solid and It is hard to think of things that need changed. I would put it up to you. You could switch the spinefist termagants to regular termagants to save some additional points, you could also consider dropping 1 venomthrope. I'm not positive, but I could foresee this model drawing very little fire initially if no one is familiar with it.

That's my bit, very good looking list I see with a good amount of synapse and models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definitely plan to use Termagants, but like I mentioned I don't know if i will ever have enough to replace them all! D: The other venomthrope is there to keep the buffs alive, but with testing I will see what happens, also I am a fan of symmetry so I plays a big part in it. The glands are there for the Gaunts, not the Tervigon. The extra initiative will help against marines or similar units.

I would like to keep the Gargoyles in big numbers, I also need to find the points to give them toxin sacs for twice the insta-wound power! changing the spine gaunts to termagants will help with that.

hows the anti-tank look though? A lot of people have said that I need the Zoanthropes in a drop pod.

I am using a Carnifex model with a milliput egg sac, along with many other little sculpted areas.

·
Registered
394 Posts
ah I had forgotten there that the tervigon can confer its toxin sacs and adrenal glands.

- you are going to have to remove something if you're trying to include all these other units :p.
- A pod would probably be a good idea so both your anti-tank option can get involved earlier. That is 40pts you have to free up though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't really too concerned about fitting everything in. I just thought I would have more room and it was a bit of wishful thinking!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts