Heavy
Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Total

Basically keep the scribes with the changeling horror squad and keep an Icon in each wave with the none Icon PBs in the main drop.

It'll probably look like this (adjusting as needed):

Wave Main

PB w/Icon
PB w/o
Zerald
Flamer
Flamer
Scribes
Horrors
SoulGrinder

Wave Secondary

PB w/Icon
Zerald
Zerald
Flamer
Horrors
SoulGrinder
SoulGrinder

I was originally going to only have two PBs and add bolt to both horror squads and soul devourer to the Tzeralds in case they get assaulted or because they have furious charge a chance for counter assault in case something horrible happens, but decided against it. Also I can't seem to spend 9 points xD

How does the list look?

·
143 Posts
HQ
Herald of Tzeentch
Chariot, Master of Sorcery, We are Legion, Bolt

Herald of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch

The Blue Scribes

Like the heralds, they're like mini-falcons. I'd trade the Blue Scribes for another; if it's for bringing pavane for your flamers then they're not worth it. Also, they need to be stuck in a squad. Stand Tzherald are much better.

Elite
Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Standard, and good.

Troop
Pink Horrors x9
Changeling

Pink Horrors x9

Plague Bearers x5
Icon

Plague Bearers x5
Icon

Plague Bearers x5

Drop the icons. They're essentially useless with this load out - you're only using them to bring down either one or two soul grinders with no deviation, and for me this isn't worth the points.

Heavy
Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

I'd drop one, replace it with a DP of nurgle, with touch, flies, aura and wings for horde control.

Total

Basically keep the scribes with the changeling horror squad and keep an Icon in each wave with the none Icon PBs in the main drop.

It'll probably look like this (adjusting as needed):

Wave Main

PB w/Icon
PB w/o
Zerald
Flamer
Flamer
Scribes
Horrors
SoulGrinder

Wave Secondary

PB w/Icon
Zerald
Zerald
Flamer
Horrors
SoulGrinder
SoulGrinder

I'd try bringing your anti mech stuff down first - so a heralds, grinders, and changeling horrors. THis way when your anti infantry elements come in, they can target infantry. I believe stacking your first wave is better than spreading out everything. If you get your second wave simply castle up and wait.

And maybe try and get the bearers up to 7 each - might help with your dice rolling to have the numbers fluffy!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Blue Scribes

Like the heralds, they're like mini-falcons. I'd trade the Blue Scribes for another; if it's for bringing pavane for your flamers then they're not worth it. Also, they need to be stuck in a squad. Stand Tzherald are much better.

I keep hearing mixed things about the scribes. Personally I think they would be worth the extra 20 points. I planned on putting them with the changeling and using what I needed.

Drop the icons. They're essentially useless with this load out - you're only using them to bring down either one or two soul grinders with no deviation, and for me this isn't worth the points.

In all honesty, I had like 132 points to spend and didn't know where to put it, and bought me the 3rd PB squad and the Icons.

Heavy
Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

I'd drop one, replace it with a DP of nurgle, with touch, flies, aura and wings for horde control.

If I dropped a SG and Icons, and added the DP, that would give me 44(14 if I gave it IH) points leftover. Though, can't the SGs do horde control as well? The problem with the prince is it only has the 5+ Invul and sadly does not have FnP and if you add in ironhide it's a whopping 215 points compared to 160. I just think that Between the Harvester and Phelm the SG is a better, cheaper choice even for horde control. This is only a recent descision though because I was all for the DPoN but the more I read SGs the more I started feel this way.

I very much want to include the DP, but I just feel that SGs are a better choice. Please prove me wrong as it could just be my inexperience with Daemons.

I'd try bringing your anti mech stuff down first - so a heralds, grinders, and changeling horrors. THis way when your anti infantry elements come in, they can target infantry. I believe stacking your first wave is better than spreading out everything. If you get your second wave simply castle up and wait.

In retrospect, I should've known to put my AV down first, but I think stacking one side would hurt to much when the 1 or 2 happens. I think If I essentially flip the order it would be good.

Main Wave

Zerald
Zerald
Flamer
Scribes
Horrors w/Changeling
SoulGrinder
SoulGrinder

Secondary Wave

PB
PB
PB
Zerald
Flamer
Flamer
Horrors
SoulGrinder

And maybe try and get the bearers up to 7 each - might help with your dice rolling to have the numbers fluffy!

I agree that would appease the dice gods, but that is also the tricky part. As is stands if I keep the 3 SGs and drop the Icons, I have 59 points. Even if I made the scribes a Tzerald that would only be 79 out of the 90 needed for 6 more PBs. The only way to get them would be to drop a squad of PBs and add two to the squads, leaving me with 74 points (while keeping the scribes).
If I dropped the scribes and a Tzerald, I could add a GUO with flies and aura, another squad of 7 PBs, and I would have 24 points left. Maybe throw bolt into the pinkies or something.

Just some thoughts.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Nice setup. I agree with Mathlete, another herald would be better than the blue scribes.

I'd rearrange the pink horrors a bit. I prefer units of 5 with bolt, rather than larger units of 9. I also think the plaguebearers should be 7-8 strong, especially if they have an icon.

If you're not going to drop the soulgrinders all in the same wave, then I again agree with Mathlete, a Daemon Prince of Nurgle would be better than the lone Soul Grinder in that wave, although breath is much better than aura.

If you need points, you could always drop one unit of flamers. It wouldn't be the end of the world.

Regarding waves: remember, you don't have to split your forces until your half of turn 1, so you don't need a set strategy. If your opponent has a lot of vehicles, then fill the preferred wave with bolts. If he's mainly infantry, then don't. You don't have to decide until the game's started.

The only thing I strongly disagree with Mathlete on is the icons. Unless the game is smaller than 1500 points, you should ALWAYS take one icon in each wave.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on your guys' posts I've come up with two different list, while very similar, I think both would play out totally different.

HQ
Herald of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch

Elite
Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Troop
Pink Horrors x5
Changeling, Bolt

Pink Horrors x5
Bolt

Pink Horrors x5
Bolt

Plague Bearers x7
Icon

Plague Bearers x7
Icon

Plague Bearers x7

Heavy
Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Demon Prince
Mark of Nurgle, Flight, Flies, Touch, Breath, Aura (20 points to kill)

Total

or

HQ
Herald of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch

Herald of Tzeentch

Elite
Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Flamers of Tzneetch x3

Troop
Pink Horrors x6
Changeling, Bolt

Pink Horrors x6
Bolt

Pink Horrors x6
Bolt

Plague Bearers x7
Icon

Plague Bearers x7
Icon

Plague Bearers x7
Icon (24 points to kill)

Heavy
Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Soulgrinder
Phlem

Total

To me, both would seem good, my only big concern is the small packs of pinkies and BS 3 bolt. I like the last list best, but I'm still new to Daemons so which list would fair best do you guys think (Including the first one I made =P)?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
It's up to you. I should have mentioned, but 9 pink horrors w/changeling is indeed a popular setup, it's just not to my tastes. Either way can work well. Yes, the bolts do miss half the time, but you make up for it with volume.

Out of the two new lists, I prefer the first one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.