Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaplain w/ Meltabombs + CombiMelta 120

10man Tactical Squad w/ Melta, Lascannon, Powerfist + Meltabombs w/ Rhino + EA 265
10man Tactical Squad w/ Melta, Lascannon, Powerfist + Meltabombs w/ Razorback + EA 270

10man Devestator Squad w/ 3x Plasma Cannons + Multimelta 260
2x Predator w/ Autocannon + Heavy Bolters 85x2 = 170

3x Landspeeders w/ Typhoons + MultiMelta 300

3x 5 man Sternguard Squad w/ 2x Lascannons 155x3 =

Bit of an odd list for me due to the number of bodies on the table but as I don't know what to expect from him (it's his first game with the new codex and I've not even read it) I want to make sure he's surprised by my list. Less vehicles than usual but I don't want to lose all my firepower due to glancing hits hence the usually defunct Devs and the long ranged Sternguard. General tactics involve sitting back and shooting* one unit at a time to stop them coming back and then busting forward and snaffling objectives with my mobile troop choices.

I'm currently 4-0-0 in this friendly tournament we're playing so I don't mind losing but I'll be damned if I'll go down without a fight and as the old adage goes 'Knowledge is Power' ;-)

* I've been told there aren't many 24"+ guns for the 'crons

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There are only about 5 or so weapons that they have that can shoot over 24" but just about everything else is 24". Don't forget they are "a very elite shooting army" so if they get within that 24" range you will want to close that distance ASAP and cut them down in combat. They only have 2 models that are not I2 so if you hit them with a med-large group whatever does not get knocked down should not hurt you that much. Be wary of just about anything with the words "Doom", "Death", or "Ray" as these things will normally do nasty things to your army.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welp, that was a disaster. Nothing to do with the lists, merely my inability to roll above a 2 with an army that need's 3 for pretty much everything.

Also: I hate Quantum Shielding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts