Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically the list is designed to deep strike in a bunch of things by use of infiltrating chosen with icons and then the remainder of the army close with rhinos. Hopefully the deep strikers will attract fire and allow the rhinos to get to grips with them. Alternately, the deep strikers will do the fighting, while the rhinos will take objectives and maybe send 1 rhino to help out tying them up. Aspiring champions in the chosen do not have upgrades, they're there just for the greater daemon to summon into. Lots of flamers and Meltas.

Hq
Chaos Lord
Terminator Armour
Mark of Tzeentch
Daemon Weapon

Summoned Greater Daemon

Elite
Chosen (7)
Icon of Chaos Glory
3 Flamers
1 Power Fist
1 Aspiring Champion

Chosen (8)
Icon of Chaos Glory
3 Meltaguns
1 Power Fist
1 Aspiring Champion

Terminators (4)
1 Heavy Flamer
2 Combi Flamers
1 Combi Melta

Troops
Chaos Space Marines (10)
Rhino
1 Meltagun
1 Flamer
Icon of Chaos Glory
1 Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist

Thousand Sons (9) incl. sorcerer
The Sorcerer has Doombolt
Rhino

Plague Marines (7)
1 Flamer
1 Plague Champion with Power Sword
Rhino

Summoned Lesser Daemons (8)

Heavy Support
1 Obliterator

1 Obliterator

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I made this list coz i have all the models either with me, or on the way from the UK in shipping.

I could make a few alterations if you think, the tourney is only in June nxt year

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there are any suggestions, before christmas would be good, because I don't like spending a lot, but presents are gratefully accepted ;P

·
275 Posts
Well, I don't like your list at all :peace:
Word Bearers don't use cult troops.

This list is more like Word Bearers, also with a lot of deep strikaz and may be more competitive... I hope.

HQ

Dark Apostle
Sorcerer, MoT, Gift of Chaos, Doombolt
170pts
//MoT due to old Dark Apostle's inv. save rules, only undivided psychic powers (Gift may do wonders), doombolt due to 10pts left

ELITE

3 Terminators, 3 Combi Weapons (your choice), Power Fist
115pts

3 Terminators, 3 Combi Weapons (your choice), Power Fist
115pts

TROOPS

10 CSMs, 2xmelta, IoCG
AC, PF
Rhino
255pts

10 CSMs, 2xmelta, IoCG
AC, PF
Rhino
255pts

10 CSMs, 2xmelta, IoCG
AC, PF
Rhino
255pts

//a lot of daemons
10 Lesser Daemons
130pts

10 Lesser Daemons
130pts

10 Lesser Daemons
130pts

HEAVY

Obliterator

Obliterator

Vindicator, Daemonic Possession
145pts

TOTAL: 1850pts

Do you have these models and do you want to play classic Word Bearers?

Have a nice day :handshake:

EDIT: I made dark apostle bad way... He hasn't his unit :D HQ slot is garbage (don't work with the rest). You can use your HQ setup.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cry cry from me.

how do i get daemons into enemy area then?
ineed chosen rawr. they got flamers and melta so they fight and thus less troops are needed for objectives

well maybe word bearers wasnt the right name, but the only non dedicated units are painted up word bearers (chosen, Csm, Rhinos, Oblit)

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
The Chosen champions are actually cheaper then the normal champions, there You can save some points that I would use elsewhere.

HQ
Terminator sorceror
Warptime
MoS
145pts

or

Terminator Sorceror
Warptime, Doombolt
MoT
180pts

or
Terminator sorceror
Warptime, Lash
Familiar
MoS
170pts

So You can use the actual Lord model as a sorceror.

(The last daemon weapon that I saw performed really well for me, as the opponent rolled a 1 and I had no problem anymore with his HQ)

Do You actually have the PM and the 1K Sons or they are CSM models?

Also, try to find the way to not use different weapons in the same squad, like 1melta 1 flamer. Same with the combi weapons, the terminators will be better with combi-plasma or combi-melta and a Fist. Try to get the Karmoon special setup.

The problem with the "DS will attract fire save my rhinos" is that I would not use my heavy weapons and/or anti-tank units on DS infantry anyway... :( and there is not too much problem if you will have the icons/champions inside of transport :) I would get some more rhinos, use Chosen as CSM in rhino, add an extra flamer the PM.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, i do like the first sorcerer you offered. I already have a slaaneshi looking terminator sorcerer aswell, and the cheaperness is great.

ofcourse i have the thousand sons lol and the PMs

i had a thought about my list and i decided to go somewhere along the lines of this, somewhere between what i had, and what you guys said.

Terminator Sorcerer
MoS
Warptime

3x Terminators
3x Combi Meltas
1x Chainfist (just as a little extra)

3x Terminators
1x Heavy Flamer
2x Combi Flamers

8x Chosen
2x Flamers
2x Meltaguns
1x Aspiring Champion
1x IoCG

10x Chaos Marines
1x Flamer
1x Meltagun
1x Aspiring Champion w/ PF
1x IoCG
1x Rhino

10x Chaos Marines
1x Flamer
1x Meltagun
1x Aspiring Champion w/ PF
1x IoCG
1x Rhino

8x Thousand Sons
1x Aspiring Sorcerer
Doombolt
1x Rhino

1x Predator
Lascannon Sponsors

2x Obliterator
XXX

8x Lesser Daemons
XXX

1x Greater Daemon
XXX

Then i have 8 points to spare, maybe just a combi flamer or melta on one of my rhinos?
Sadly thats all the combi weps i have for my terminators atm. I wont spend more money for 1 weapon and that ile never use the models left over.
Shud I take out one more chosen and use his 18 points + my 8 extra = 26 for two more daemons.

I feel that the combi flamers on 2 of the rhinos will be a bit more important than 1 daemon, and i can get both for cheaper too

Predator over Vind just coz 4 shots at high strength is better than 1 shot and uber strength.
----------
hmmm just read the part about flamers and meltas in the same squad lol

maybe one Csm squad with 2x Flamers
and one Csm squad with 2x Meltaguns
Chosen probabily stay as they are coz they need something for everything out there to survive until turn 3 or so when they have summoned enuf things

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would put combi-meltas instead of flamers on the rhino, firstly because one melta shot is more likely to do damage than one flamer shot since it can destroy tanks and insta-gib HQs and MEQs. If your combi-melta takes out one marine every three games it is earning its points. Furthermore, the flamer tempate will fall on the rhino, severely limiting its range, and therefore, damage potential, while you can just pull a drive-by melta shot with no limitations.

·
318 Posts
I think I like the concept of your first list better. You just have to take it to its proper extreme to work. If the list is going to be all about DS'ing/Summoning units in from Chosen icons, you need more of those units.

Two squads of Chosen, and the Termies (I prefer to see 5-6 in a squad) are the foundation you want to work from, so trim the other indulgences off the list. Limit yourself to two squads of CSM in Rhinos, so you have room for two units of L. Daemons. And you may not need cult troops at all (even if you have the models, you can always just say they're basic CSM). Keep them with non-mixed specials, too (probably meltas).

To support your Daemons, of which you should have two units of 8-10, make your Chosen a bit more shooty. Toss some Autocannons, or H. Bolters their way, mixed with Plas, and maybe a flamer if you go against any swarm armies. That way, they can stay at range near the edge of the table, and your Greater Daemon can come in off a champ if things are looking hairy for them when the DS dice strikes. Squads like that, plus a Karmoon Special Termie force will provide all the fire support you'd need for your daemons to do what they need to.

The Lash Termie Sorc (DS'ed in near the other termies, hopefully) is also a good choice to help your daemons get into melee with squishy units. Then I'd top it off with a Pred riding with your Rhinos. I could see Oblits marching up the table if you prefer, though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave,
I think thats a good idea

so two units of chosen, one with 3 heavy bolters, IoCG,, An AC and somewhere up to 8 models
then a closer oriented one with 3 or 4 plasmas or flamers or meltas ?

Then i drop 254 points + a rhino worth in thousand sons
and this is 20 daemons worth in points right there.

biggest problem for me would be only 2 "stable" troops choices, and only 3 meltas in range of anything, so the oblits are DS too (maybe 2 x 2 Oblits, so 1 DS and 1 starts in field)
Predator with lascannon sponsors would help in the overall high strength output. and cheapish.

I dont have the codex right with me, but i have photographic memory ( i hope ). This may be full of mistakes so bear with me.

1xSorcerer
Term. Armour
MoS
Warptime

6x Terminators
3x Combi Meltas
2x Combi Flamers
1x Heavy Flamer
1x Chainfist
Im not sold on them, 225 is a lot. they have different weps coz i can haz only 1 squad :struggle:

7x Chosen
IoCG
3x Heavy Bolter
AC -to sacrifice only- is this guy also 15 points ?
costly, hopefully theres cover

8x Chosen
IoCG
4x Flamer
AC -to sacrifice only- is he 15?
not too bad for 4 flamers and 3 xtra wounds, could be better

10x Chaos Space Marines
2x melta,IoCG,AC w/PF

10x Chaos Space Marines
As above

2x Rhinos with Combi Meltas

8x Daemons

7x Daemons

1x Greater Daemon

1x PredatoR
Las Sponsors

2x Obliterators

Basically, chuck both chosen on one side of the board, Pred and Rhinos relatively central, then divert to the flank where the DS is going on. The denied flank i think its called, it might work coz they only realise after infiltrators where im going to end up at and the icons mean I'm always going to be highly accurate with the extra hitting power.

The Predator is the only thing that will sit still, Probabily die first turn lol.
This probabily isnt very competetive, but 8 of the lesser and daemons and the greater daemon are unique and look really cool.( theyr not even games workshop lol )

Greater Daemon = Broodmaster w/neutron staff [13512] - £9.00 : Gamers Warehouse
Lesser Daemons x 8 = Brood ( 4 figures of 3 different designs) [13505] - £7.20 : Gamers Warehouse

So they have to be in at all cost !!!

Any help tactic wise to summoning termis and daemons and oblits, eg what targets to kill and what to tie up and etc would be very much needed and appreciated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait a sec
Surely Chosen can't get more than 1 heavy weapon, same as everyone else except havocs?
So the 7 strong squad can have 1 heavy bolter, 2 plasma guns.
Can someone else confirm this.
That I cant have 3 H Bolters in chosen
?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well that changes thing.
Ok 1 heavy bolter and 2 plasmaguns in the 7 man team.
Ile figure this out properly when I get the codex back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well that changes thing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well that changes thing.
----------
WTF IT SAID THE SAME THING 3 TIMES!!!!
STUPID INTERNET TAKES 5 CLICKS TO WORKS, AND THEN SUDDDENLY GOES AND THROW LIKE 3 OF THE SAME THING DOWN.

ok
im alright
whew

*calms down*

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha i have reason to believe that I might be getting another box set of terminators for xmas, and i still have 4 plasma "bits" off my obliterators, so i was thinking, maybe I should reinvent my elites slot. I had thought of the Karmoon Special squad + another Terminator Squad of about 3 guys, with one chainfist, 3 combi melta and
then only one, larger squad of chosen so they survive as long.

10 or 12 guys with IoCG, a Heavy Bolter, 2x Plasmaguns 2x Flamers and the AC for sacrifice.

Also, i think i save a few points this way so perhaps another terminator or a few more daemons or better rhinos?

any thoughts are welcome

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.