1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Eaters -

Click here for army list

Necrons(to the best of my knowledge) -

Necron Lord w/ Warscythe, Gaze of Flame, Phaze Shifter, Resurrection Orb and Phylactery
Night Bringer
x3 10 man Necron Warrior squads
x4 Destroyers
x1 Wraith
x8 Scarab Swarms - Disruption Fields
x1 Tomb Spyder
x1 Heavy Destroyer
x1 Monolith

This is my first attempt at a story battle report so go easy lol...anyway, here goes:-

The sun shone over the snow covered fields, causing it to glimmer almost hypnotically. The beautiful sight was ruined by the unearthly Necron force making its way across the plain. The center piece, a Monolith. Empty of all Necrons it hovered above the ground, its size not matched by any other machine on the snowy planet. As the Necron forces reached a hill, the sound of snarling and shouting caught their attention. A mass of red powered over the hill, revealing a faction of the World Eaters, led by the Daemon Prince Khar'leth. His sheer bulk did not phase the mechanic Necron force. A loud roar echoing from the bowls of Khar'leth resulted in the Beserkers charging forward. Within seconds of moving the Monolith opened fire, its weapon disintegrating 2 Beserkers. Unphased, the squad continued the charge.

A squad of destroyers appeared, taking aim at the reduced squad of beserkers. Each shot bounced off the power armour of the beserkers. Unknown to the Necron force was the Predator taking aim at the mighty Monolith. The tank crew took their time, aiming for the right point. In what seemed like slow motion to them, the tank crew fired, watching the Las Cannon blast fly towards the monolith. Suddenly, there was a loud explosion. The forces of the World Eaters looked to see the Monolith explode, spreading itself around the battle field.

A Dreadnought appeared and charged uncontrollably towards a scarb swarm, taking out half of the irritating, robotic bugs. The dreadnought however, failed to see the swarms that lingered behind him. They began to chew away its armour before finally getting into the Dreadnought. It fell to the floor in a heap and the Scarabs pulled away to find their next victims, a squad of beserkers.

A loud whirring of engines came from behind the lines of beserkers, it was a squad of bikes. They pulled in front of the beserkers lines, leaving a trail of fumes behind them. The bikers drove up to the remains of the monolith and stopped to survey the surrounding area. Towards the north a heavy destroyer moved forward with a squad of Necron Warriors, while a nearby building had a squad of Necron Warriors holed up in it.

Before they could react, the bikers came under fire. The destroyer squad had attacked their rear and successfully took out 4 of the bikers. While they looked behind frantically, they were shot at by the 2 Necron Warrior squads and the Heavy Destoyer. After the hail of gun fire seased, only 2 bikers remained. They turned to each other and nodded. The aspiring champion raised his powerfist into the air and the space around him began to warp. The once white snow turning into a thick pool of crimson. A hole opened in the fabric of space, a connection to the warp had been made. Out from the hole poured 8 bloodletters, looking to cause as much death as they could. They charged the Necrons that had the heavy destroyer as backup, while the bikers followed, heading towards the heavy destroyer. The bloodletters towered over the Necron Warriors and with seconds of arriving into battle, they had teared apart each of the Necrons. The bikers also made quick work of the heavy destoyer, ripping a large hole in its chest. The pair then began to move towards the destroyers.

While the bloodletters rampaged through the Necron warriors, a squad of beserkers came upnder attack from swarms of scarabs. As the scarabs came in for the kill, the aspiring champion teared into them with his power axe taking out a few swarms himself. The rest of the beserkers followed, finishing of the remaining scarabs. The beserkers looked north to see a lone squad of Necron warriors, not moving, just waiting to pick off any Beserkers willing to charge. The aspiring champion turned to his men and raised his axe into the air with a loud cry. The beserkers teared across the field, not worrying about the incoming Necron fire.

As the main bulk of the Beserkers moved forward, a wraith and Necron Lord appeared from their flank, charging into them. The wraiths attacks were hit away by the chainaxes of the beserkers while the Lords warscythe cut nothing but air. Within seconds the wraith had been pulled to the ground and the beserkers tored apart the mechanical beast, leaving the Necron lord alone. To its left an aspiring champion charged forward with the rest of his beserker squad in tow. The champions powerfist glowed, hungering for death. The lord swung his warscythe in an attempt to stop the attack, but the champion palmed it away. When within range the aspiring champion leapt into the air and brought the powerfist onto the lords head, cutting straight through the metallic body. The lord fell into strips on the floor. Almost instantly after finished the Necron lord, a tomb spyder charged into the mass of beserkers. Its sheer mass hopefully enough to take down the beserker threat. This was not to be as the the beserkers quickly tore through the armour of the beast with their chainaxes.

Elsewhere on the battle field, Khar'leth rampaged forward, looking for heads to take. Then he seen the greatest head of them all, the Nightbringer. It left a trail of darkness behind it as it floated through the sky, looking to destroy whatever it came into contact with. However, much to the suprise of Khar'leth a squad of beserkers had charged the star god. Khar'leth headed towards the Nightbriner in the hope that he could kill the Nightbringer himself.

The bloodletters sped towards the destroyers with the bikes covering their left flank. The engines of the bikes cave away their position to the destroyers. Within seconds the destroyers turned around and put holes through both bike and man, leaving the bloodletters alone. Unphased by the loss of the bikers, the bloodletters leapt into combat with the destroyers, once again, taking out the entire squad within seconds. As they scouted the field for opponants they watched the Necron Lord stand up, reviving itself. They began to chase the Lord.

Now back alive, the Lord charged into the rear of the beserker mass. He tore through the back 3 beserker, spilling no blood as the warscythe sealed the wounds. Beserker limbs and torso's fell to the floor in a heap. The rest of the squad heard the commotion and turned to see the lord. In a blind rage they all took shots at him, finally taking him down again. This time, the Lord was not getting back up.

On the western side of the battlefield, the stationary Necron warriors opened fire at the beserkers that ran towards them. The blasts pierced through the air but only bounced of the beserker armour. The beserkers continued to sprint forward before they finally reached the Necrons. The front line of Necrons were instantly decimated by the aspiring champions power axe and the beserkers behind took out the remaining Necrons, leaving a heap of metal on the field.

The only remaining parts of the Necron force were the Necron warrior squad who stayed inside the building, preferring to take potshots at any enemy units in range. Any shots fired missed by great distances, leaving in reality, only the C'tan, Nightbringer, alone.

With no support the beserkers looked into the sky at the Nightbringer as it circled over head. The aspiring champion raised his power claw into the air and called to the Nightbringer, "COME DOWN HERE SO I CAN RIP YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR NECK!" The Nightbringer soon descended to ground level with the intent to show the champion what happens to those who threaten a star god. As the Nightbringer stopped moving, the champion spoke, "I WILL CRUSH YOU WITH MY FIST! YOU WILL DIE BY MY HANDS!" With that, the beserkers raged forward. Each beserker leapt into the air, cutting into the Nightbringer with their chain axes. Even before some of the beserkers had set their feet on the floor, the nightbringer had cut them in two. Without hesitating the champion cut into the C'tan, knocking it back a few feet. "THIS IS NO GOD!" he cried. As the C'tan came closer, the beserkers charged at the star god, this time their chainaxes not even scratching the surface. The Nightbringer laughed and swung its scythe, killing all but the champion. The champion leant backwards, outstretching his arms and yelled, "I KRULL THE CHAMPION OF KHORNE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN! AHHHHH!" Krull sprinted forward before leaping high into the air, raising his powerclaw above his head. The C'tan looked up as Krulls body blocked out the sun itself and as he did so, all the warriors of Khorne from around the battlefield, watched on. Krull thrust the claw forward, smashing through the shadowed face of the Nightbringer. The body of the Nightbringer began to shake violently before Krull could remove the claw. The necrodermis began to breach and the essence of the Nightbringer was soon released from the shell. Krull caught in the bright light was sent hurtling backwards, landing at the feet of Kharleth. Krull looked up, unable to move, a casualty of war but not just any casualty, a hero...

((Just to finish off, Khar'leth[DP] killed the some of the remaining Necrons and they phased out lol...all in all, I was quite suprised by how easily i had one. I think the thing that probably made it so easy was taking out the Monolith first turn. On a side note, its a victory for Khorne, but no blood for the blood god =( ))

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,568 Posts
Wow it seems like Necrons never had a chance but it almost sounds like the legendary WD battle reports, no offence.

·
393 Posts
Great report! Pictures or maps would make it perfect.

It was lucky that you managed to kill the monolith in the first round, but not much can survive that many lascannon shots.

I especially liked the parts where your Aspiring Champion beats the Nightbringer with his powerfist and the Bloodletters that just ripped through his units.

Thumbs up!

Arizzar

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
ahh dude he started out with 36 necrons which means he shoulda phased when his lord carked it

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No, he still had the 10 man squad in this ruined building (25% of 36 is 9). Either way, thank you all for your comments, much appreciated =D. I think the highlight of the game had to be the first turn kill of the monolith and killing the Nightbringer with just one Beserker squad. I think i took off 2 wounds just from my chainaxes on the charge (furious charge) lol. As for my Bloodletters, they were so effective, i just hope they can do it again and again lol.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
Nice report, necrons never seem to win around here. I'm almost scared to post one of my reports because i'm afraid it will put a curse on my crons.

"Ye must not post necron battle report on LO, or thoust shalt lose for eternity."

Your tactics were good, combined with a little luck things panned out real well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
are necrons quite an easy army to beat for world eaters, i mean with there blood frenzy rules since the necrons only had the monolith to do the 'make khorne run at the cheap tank they cant destroy tactic when they go to blood frenzy, im just wondering so no offence intended and great victory

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In theory, Necrons shouldn't have any trouble with World Eaters because they have Destroyers which fire a hell of a lot of high powered shots, Heavy Destroyers which are mobile anti-tank platforms, scarab swarms can be used to lure the opponant away from the rest of the army when berserkers blood frenzy. It just comes down to the table you play on, what size game your playing and how good your opponant is.

·
señor brushman!
1,597 Posts
are necrons quite an easy army to beat for world eaters, i mean with there blood frenzy rules since the necrons only had the monolith to do the 'make khorne run at the cheap tank they cant destroy tactic when they go to blood frenzy, im just wondering so no offence intended and great victory
Infact, when I think about it, Necrons are probally one of the better armies against World Eaters. Necrons can use the Monolith to teleport out of CC and shoot em' to bits. They also have some good counter units, such as the Nightbringer, Scarabs to tie up units, and Tomb Spyders.

They also have some good distraction units to take advantage of the Khorne Blood Frenzy rule. They have a variety of ways of doing so. One could be deep striking the Monlith in the corner or behind the army causing them to all run away fom the Necron army giving them time to get into position and shoot at the World Eaters.

Also, the necrons have some good fast flanking units. They can speed boost scarabs up the flanks causing them to run at the scarabs, and when they do get into combat, the scarabs should be able to tie them up for awhile.

Like RobTheGuru said, lots of it depends on your opponents play style, terrain and board size, and your and the opponenets skill levels.

Ben

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Deceiver is so much better than the Nightbringer against World Eaters. Purely because if the World Eaters charge him, he can jump straight out of combat without a chainaxe even grazing him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.