Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my WE Army that I hope to take down a Necron army with. As far as I know, the Necron Army will consist of -

x1 Lord
x1 Nightbringer
x3 10 Man Necron Warrior Squads
x4 Destroyers
x2 Wraiths
x6 Scarab Swarms
x1 Tomb Spyder
x1 Heavy Destroyer
x1 Monolith

((This is only a rough guess))

Here is the army i plan on using, any suggestions you may have would be much appreciated.

HQ - 211

Daemon Prince - 211

Mark of Khorne
Furious Charge
Feel No Pain
CCW
Rage of Khorne
Rune
Dread Axe
Stature
Strength
Aura

Elite - 0

None

Troop - 1054

Beserker Squad #1 (x7 Beserkers, x1 Aspiring Champion) - 209 Points

Mark of Khorne
Chainaxes (Regular Beserkers only)
Furious Charge
Power Weapon (Aspiring Champion Only)
Feel No Pain (Aspiring Champion Only)
Master Crafted (Aspiring Champion Only)
Strength (Aspiring Champion Only)
Mutation (Aspiring Champion Only)

Beserker Squad #2 (x7 Beserkers, x1 Aspiring Champion) - 209 Points

Mark of Khorne
Furious Charge

Beserker Squad #3 (x7 Beserkers, x1 Aspiring Champion) - 214 Points

Mark of Khorne
Furious Charge
Power Fist (Aspiring Champion Only)

Beserker Squad #4 (x7 Beserkers, x1 Aspiring Champion) - 214 Points

Mark of Khorne
Furious Charge
Power Fist (Aspiring Champion Only)

x8 Bloodletters - 208 Points

Fast Attack - 349

Bike Squad (x7 Bikers, x1 Aspiring Champion) - 349 Points

Mark of Khorne
Furious Charge

Heavy Support - 235

Predator - 145

Twin Linked Lascannon
Lascannon Side Sponsons

Dreadnought - 90

Additional CCW

===========================================

TOTAL POINTS = 1849

·
393 Posts
Just a few things before I am off to work. You need to have more powerfists. Even with strength and furious charge you are not gonna do much damage to a Nightbringer with just a powerweapon.

Normally I would tell you to drop strength on all your AC's and give them fists, but sine you know you will fight a nightbringer you could use the extra strength.

I would give the dread a twin lascannon. It makes it only marginally less good in cc, and gives you a good weapon against heavy destroyers, nightbringer and monolith. A fun option could be plasma cannon. Necrons often end up very tightly packed, so you can take a big chunk out of a warrior squad with that blast.

Arizzar

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jchello2u they have powerfists while the first 2 only have power weapons which are cheaper to give your troops.

Thanks for the advice Arizzar. This is probably going to be the first time i have more models than my opponant on the table. It will hopefully pay off. Usually I would have ditched 1 beserker squad and used a defiler but in this case i thought i'd try something different.

·
393 Posts
A few tactical tips.

Be sure to kill that heavy destroyer as soon as possible. It is the biggest threat to your predator, and if your pred dies you have just about no long range firepower.

A talisman of burning blood is a handy way of speeding up a group of berzerkers. I would try to get my champs a talisman each.

When at all possible try to tie up more than one unit in cc. This makes it harder for the necron player to teleport his guys out of cc and shoot the crap out of you. Berzerkers and bloodletters have no trouble handling two squads at a time. Its much better than being shot at.

Scarab swarms can be a pain. They have a large amounts of wounds. The best solution is to assault them with anything that has strength 6 (such as all your Aspiring Champs when they assault), then you can instakill them rather quickly before they take away your initiative.

If I were to play the necron side I would let you zip your bikes forward, then assault them with my scarabs just to tie the bikers down until my Nightbringer could reach them. Or I would turbo boost the scarabs up one flank so that any blood frenzy rolls would send your units off in the wrong direction. I would also deepstrike my monolith right behind your guys for much the same reason.

Don't let your lord assault the nightbringer unless you have taken a couple of wounds off him first. A round of shooting from the predator would be a good idea, but I would wait until the heavy destroyer is down.

Although it is always hard to argue against taking more berzerkers I think it is a mistake to leave the Defiler. When those necrons start teleporting around you will find that a pie plate of instant death is mighty handy.

Arizzar

BTW, if you could make a battlereport that would be very interesting.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Be sure to kill that heavy destroyer as soon as possible. It is the biggest threat to your predator, and if your pred dies you have just about no long range firepower.
I strongly disagree on this point , ( as a necron player myself I start to salivate the moment I see armor on the field ) since all gauss weapons have the potential of poping your Pred and dread. I would list the heavy d as a target of opportunity( its only a las cannon on a skimmer frame ) the destroyer is a much more menacing target ( 3str6shots with a 36 inch range)
when a squad of warriors opens up on a vehicel and you only need a six to glance armor becomes a joke. I recomend droping anything with a AV and mabey picking up a deamon( 2 small squads of blood letters can win the game for you)

the goal to winning will be getting into HTH as fast as possible don't let the wraiths or the scarabs tie you up in CC ( those are the units that should be hig priority for all your small weapons fire ( pistol or bolter shots )
the night bringer can be frightening but he only moves as fast as infantry and his range potential is equivalant to a las cannon.
because of the nightbringers toughness your bassic marines will not be able to hurt him after the charge.

If I were to play the necron side I would let you zip your bikes forward, then assault them with my scarabs just to tie the bikers down until my Nightbringer could reach them. Or I would turbo boost the scarabs up one flank so that any blood frenzy rolls would send your units off in the wrong direction. I would also deepstrike my monolith right behind your guys for much the same reason.
I could not agree more " do not let your oppenet lead you around by your nose. Get into cc fast and kill anything that countsd toward the phase out total ( warriors, destroyers ect)
his phase out is about 10 so all you have to do is wreck 30 necron warriors and you win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.