Librarium Online Forums banner

Which List should I use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have made two 1850pt lists for an upcoming tournament. They are very similar and its just the last few hundred points that I am undcided about. Please vote for the list that you think is more effective.

List A
Hq
Librarian w/ gate of infinity, force dome, epistolary

Troops
10 space marines w/ mg, pc, pf, rhino
10 space marines w/ mg, pc, pf, razorback

Elites
9 Sternguard w/ 5 combi-meltas
6 Sternguard w/ 3 combi-meltas, razorback

Fast Attack
2 Attack Bikes w/ 2 multimeltas

Heavy Support
Vindicator
Vindicator
Whirlwind

List B
Hq
Librarian w/ gate of infinity, force dome, epistolary

Troops
10 space marines w/ mg, pc, pf, rhino

Elites
10 Sternguard w/ 6 combi-meltas, 4 combi-flamers, powerfist
6 Sternguard w/ 6 combi-meltas, powerfist, razorback

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
Vindicator
Vindicator
Whirlwind

Idea with both lists is to advance whilst 5 combat dudes from two tactical squads stay with whirlwind and lay covering fire. The librarian goes with bigger sternguard and teleports them around (24" movement and 5++ sv on sternguard)

Thanks for votes

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Before I vote, your Librarian needs Null Zone, and your sterns need a rhino. Gating them with the libby is not really reliable, especially since tourney settings usually have a lot of terrain.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deep strike mishaps only occur from enemy models or impassable terrain, all others causedangerous terrain which is still bit risky. Also, if i didn't use gate and gave him null zone instead, the librarian woudn' fit with the sternguard and would have to go with tac squad, which seems a bit of a waste to me. I guess i could lose a sternguard and a combi-weapon to pay for the rhino which would solve the problem as there would then be space for him.

The other alternative is to keep the teleport but replace the dome with null zone. However this means that my expenisve unit only has a 3+ armour and will probably get battered with plasma etc.

p.s. If you think that I should change the list, please use the third option.
Thanks and keep voting.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How about drop podding them with the Librarian? I have been loving life using my sternguard out of drop pods.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I say list B, but definitely have a drop pod/rhino for the sternguard. They have got a 30" maximum range, and devastators/havocs/obliterators/lootas/hive tyrants or whatever could destroy these guys if they don't have a rhino at least, but a drop pods probably the best option. They will come in turn 1, and get to shoot and destroy from behind blokes standing on home objectives.

Two Vindis is fearsome enough, but why a whirlwind? I would drop that to get the drop pod instead and possibly another attack bike with that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, a third list, list C, is to lose the whirlwind, get an extra attack bike, and a drop pod for the sternguard.

If you wish to vote for list C please post "List C"
Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts