Full Command
Banner of Wrath

Marauder Horsemen 105
Khorne
Flails

Chaos Warhounds xx

Chaos Warhounds xx

Hellcannon xx

Which one should I use? I'll be playing my friend who has played at the shop whereas I never do. His style of play is competitive and I'm fine with that. He has a DE army.

Ogres have 4+ save or 2+ save, Heavy Chaos Armour?

·
Registered
153 Posts
In your first list, you can't have Armor of M and Enchanted shield on your Exalted at the same time. Not legal.

All in all I like your first list for an all comers list.

Ogres have a 5+ save, but you can give them Chaos armor @ 5pts a piece to make it a 4+

·
Schemer
481 Posts
I also prefer the first list, mainly because you have a hero with some hitting power. What I advise is to completely drop one of your lvl1 and take only a scroll caddy. The current magic system is flawed, you only have cost effective result with either heavy magic or scroll caddy. I can guaranty you that any army with a scroll caddy can negate the most dangerous of your magic (in list 1) for 2 turns easily and potentially all game if you face a fast close combat list. This is not the case for list 2 however.

Other comments both list:
- Don't count on ogres to do the main job, keep them cheap and run only 3. Hit the flanks of units with them (or guard flanks). If you want to do frontal charge, standard + musician are essential.
- Your knights are screaming for a musician/banner instead of the champion upgrade. If you use character in them take at least 5 normal knights because 5 knights with champion upgrades means you don't have access to a look out sir (you only have 4 normal knights! and 1 champion). Champion start to get essential only when you have the minimum of 5 models for the look out sir and when you plan to use a hero inside your units (but even then, it might only be necessary in infantry unit).
- Why don't you just make your knights khorne also and drop the champion... Frenzy is best when you overload your opponent or when your frenzied troops are expendable (horsemen sure are, but your juggy hero...?)

While your at it, care to explain how do you plan to use your army. I have difficulties getting the global pictures. You have 5
"hammer" units with movement value of 8, 7, 6 and 4. These are completed by an anvil unit with movement 3 (than can shoot or move or charge 12 inches). Where you planning to send your army in waves? or are your relying on brute strength to beat your opponent.

·
367 Posts
I prefer the second list but i would make the following changes.

Make the first two sorcerers Tzeentch and drop the power familiar for a scroll.
Drop the champions in the knights for standards.
Drop Conjoined Homonculus and give the knights Slaanesh.

And if you dont think you can control all that frenzy you better drop the mark of Khorne for Slaanesh

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. Even though I posted this a couple months back I'm still new at battlling. I had no idea what my tactics would be, but just wanted to kit out everything to be awesome. I'm seeing now that you can only do one thing with your army at a time where I would try to make my army super strong and magic heavy at the same time, but that doesn't work. I liked the idea of Khorne cause it was kind of an auto pilot army for me while I got the hang of the mechanics of the game like the phases and tohit/towound. I've redone my lists, hope you guys can take a look and give me some advice on battling.

Exalted - Khorne 225 1995
C/O Everlasting Conquest
Juggernaut of Khorne

Exalted - Khorne 225
Axe of Khorne
Shield
Juggernaut of Khorne

Chaos Sorcerer 135
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

6 Marauder Horsemen - Khorne 126
Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen - Khorne 111
Flails
Light Armour

4 Dragon Ogres 308
Great Weapons

6 Chaos Knights - Khorne 300
Musician
Standard

6 Chaos Knights - Tzeentch 330
Musician
Standard
Blasted Standard

Hellcannon xx

Chaos Warhounds xx

------

Chaos Sorcerer 206 1993

Lvl 2 Nurgle
Power Familiar
Dispel Scroll
Barded Chaos Steed

Chaos Sorcerer 206
Lvl 2 Nurgle
Book of Secrets
Dispel Scroll
Barded Chaos Steed

Chaos Sorcerer 225
Lvl 2 Tzeentch
Rod of Torment
Bloodcurdling Roar
Disc of Tzeentch

3 Dragon Ogres 231
Great Weapons

5 Chaos Knights 315
Nurgle
Musician
Standard
Banner of Wrath

6 Chaos Knights 335
Tzeentch
Musician
Standard
Blasted Standard

5 Marauder Horsemen 105
Khorne
Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen 105
Khorne
Flails

5 Chaos Warhounds xx

5 Chaos Warhounds xx

Hellcannon xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.