Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going for a good all comer's list for a local tourney 1999pts, no special characters. Lemme know what you think.

Noble - Great Eagle, Reaver Bow Enchanted Shield, Dragon Armor, Lance

Mage - Lv2 Annulian Crystal (with Phoenix Guard)

Mage - Lv2 Dispel Scroll x2, Silver Wand (with White Lions)

Archers x10

Lothern Sea Guard x20 - Standard Bearer, Lion Standard

Archers x10

Sword Masters x7

Dragon Princes x5 - Banner of Ellyrion

Repeater Bolt Thrower x2

PD = 6+D3 DD = 4+1(crystal), +1 to rolls (HE bonus)

Battle Plan: Use the archers to keep hunters away from the RBT. The PG and Seaguard will Anvil (the seaguard kind of jack of all tradesing until close combat if at all possible to get their points worth). The princes will flank charge from woods. The Noble will take out war machine crew/ any problematic units. Sword Masters and White Lions for killing infantry. Mages will protect units and blast away on large units to deplete CR before it gets to close combat along with Seaguard, RBT and Archers.

The only thing I'm unsure of is what lores of magic to take.. I think that will be completely situational though..

All in all I have a few larger units, a few smaller ones and just enough magic to defend myself (I hope) and a little bit of punch if I need it.

~Scorpio

·
2,244 Posts
The only things that I might change are, switch a scroll and silverwand for the seerstaff, and possibly switch the seagaurd for spears and include another fast unit to support the eagle rider, perhaps reavers for a bit more shooting or shadow warriors

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only things that I might change are, switch a scroll and silverwand for the seerstaff, and possibly switch the seagaurd for spears and include another fast unit to support the eagle rider, perhaps reavers for a bit more shooting or shadow warriors
I think the only models in this entire army that I DON'T own yet are the Reavers, so the change would have to be to shadow warriors.

As for the mages, that's a great suggestion. I'll play around with it. Having one mage that you KNOW is getting the spells you want is always a plus.

Anybody else have anything for me?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Personaly I would drop the Lothern Sea Guard for regular spears since u either get 5 bows or non-ranked up unit so not worth extra points. I would also drop the Annulian Crystal and upgrade a mage to an Archmage or have another mage with points that way you get same amount of DD and extra PD or shadow warriors.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personaly I would drop the Lothern Sea Guard for regular spears since u either get 5 bows or non-ranked up unit so not worth extra points. I would also drop the Annulian Crystal and upgrade a mage to an Archmage or have another mage with points that way you get same amount of DD and extra PD or shadow warriors.
Problem is, I can't take an arch mage @ 1999 pts, no lord slots until 2000 pts.. they kept it that way so everyone was balanced nice for the tourney.

I changed the seaguard to spears and added in 5 shadow warriors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
oh right, didn't realise it was exacly 1999pts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts