Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been playtesting these two similar lists recently at 1k and 1.5k, and I'd really appreciate some further C&C. One small note though in that I'm somewhat reluctant to swap the plasma for melta on the normal PM squads. Thanks for any help you can offer!

1k Army

Sorc of Nurgle (170 Pts)
Bike
Mark Of Nurgle
Nurgle's Rot
Melta Bombs

6 Plague Marines (208 Pts)
2 Plasma Guns
Aspiring Champion w. Powerfist

Rhino (45 Pts)
Combi-Melta

6 Plague Marines (208 Pts)
2 Plasma Guns

Rhino (45 Pts)
Combi-Melta

6 Chaos Bikers (248 Pts)
Mark of Nurgle

Obliterator (75 Pts)

TOTAL: 999

1.5k Army

Sorc of Nurgle (170 Pts)
Bike
Mark Of Nurgle
Nurgle's Rot
Melta Bombs

Typhus (225 Pts)

7 Plague Marines (236 Pts)
2 Plasma Guns
Icon

Rhino (45 Pts)
Combi-Melta

8 Plague Marines (259 Pts)
2 Plasma Guns
Icon

Rhino (45 Pts)
Combi-Melta

9 Chaos Bikers (367 Pts)
Mark of Nurgle
2 Meltaguns

Obliterator (75 Pts)

Obliterator (75 Pts)

TOTAL: 1497 PTS

·
Registered
18 Posts
in your 1K army, would a different power on your sorcerer help? I've not seen any "good" use for Nurgle rot.
Doombolt, for instance.

Let's see here, move farther than a foot troop. Shoot more often than the bolters? Not a bad deal, all around.
Warptime might be ok, but you can't use your force weapon...

Needs more heavy weapons. You're going to be eaten alive if there is anyone with a heavy weapon on the board. (seriously, 2-3 las cannons is hardly "enough" in a 1K game.

In your larger army:
Same issue with the sorcerer.

You need some heavy support other than 2 oblit's. What happens if you face an army with 4 vehicles?

I'm not convinced 9(-10, if you count the sorcerer) bikers are the "right" backbone unit here. I've found that 5-6 is about ideal. more is inflexible, less is not enough wounds. Since you've got the MoN, you MIGHT be able to get away with 4.

In both armies, I do believe an army with more than a bare minimum of vehicles would smush you. I could see a dread, a tank and a heavy weapon squad cutting your army down by 50% in one turn, if they roll REALLY well.

Remember you're only fielding 4 "things"
1. Commander and bikes. If they are separate, sorry, but field them together so he lives more than 1 turn.
2. Rhino
3. Rhino
4. Obliterator(s)

I don't think you really will enjoy a lucky shot with a template (ap3, or Str 8+) weapon on your bikes.
I really don't think you're going to like what happens to your rhinos with nothing to distract the lascannon shots.
and your 1-2 obliterators are ok, but can't carry an army, when things go bad.

Something I try to think about:
If I was facing this army, with this army, what targets would I choose, how would I deal with them, and what can I do to make my life difficult on either side?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, rep for pointing out some things that I needed a second opinion on.

Firstly, the phychic power thing was something I was thinking about myself. Nurgle's rot is a great crowd control power, but Nurgle excells vs lightly armoured crowds anyway, making it easily replacable. I was tempted by Gift of Chaos (fantastic if I pull it off, but unrealiable and practically reduces my force weap to a power weapon) or wind of chaos (probably a better power, softens Termie squads greatly before a charge), but both are more expencive powers. Doombolt is a cheaper option that fills a hole where I needed it, jus needed someone to tell me the obvious, I think.

The problem I have is to squeeze in the extra anti-tank support I can't see any option other than to remove the bikers and use two cheaper options- I'm considering a vindicator and a terminator strike squad (three or four terminators packing some combi-plas and possibly a good ccw if I can fit one in). This removes the sorc's retinue and T6 or not T6 he won't last long on his own, making the powers thing (maybe) a moot point. Therefore, I was thinking of replacing him too- either with a terminator lord/sorc to lead the strike team, or a Nurgle Daemon Prince. I'm leading towards the DP at the moment, but I'd love some second opinions.

One more point: What are your views on combi-melta on the rhino vs combi-melta on the PM Champ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
first i am going to reccomend you not use bikers in masses as PM are already expensive and lesser performing bikers for more points is a waste.

i suggest you drop the combi-melta off the Rhinos, your whole AT is riding on these and the solo oblit. swap your plasmas for meltas or atleast 1 squad worth. combi- anything is a waste of points to me.

a chaos sorc is the last thing i choose to lead an army, they just dont do enough.

normally i run 2 DP with MoN and wings and forget about any other HQ but recently i have been toying with a new HQ that might fit your list (it is more expensive though).

i have been using a Chaos lord with MoN, Daemon Wep, Bike and Meltabombs. sure he is 185pts but he gets so many benefits. first things to watch out for are any double toughness weps, second is to avoid rolling 1s for your daemon wep attacks.

other than that you have a model that is T6, moves 18 inches or 24 with a 3+ cover save, gains relentless and attacks on the charge for no less than 6 attacks that ignore armor saves. Put this guy against anyone with less than 4 str and you get to re-roll your wounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts