Core

10 Archers

Special

6 Dragon Princes

Rare

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total: 996pts

---

My madcap Dragon Mage list. Any comments?

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your math... relatively sure that what you wrote is 976 points, unless you forgot to indicate a standard or champion for your Dragon Princes.
You're right. There should be a Drakemaster listed.

Anything to say on the list or did you just want to point out that oversight?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ordinarily I'm not a huge fan of taking a 2nd character @ 1k games... particularly if he's not going in a combat unit. The Reaver Bow is good, but if that Archer unit gets into hand-to-hand, your character is pretty much worthless... won't matter even if he does manage to get 3 kills with his great weapon, your archers are still going to get slaughtered and run-down.

I might recommend a unit of 5 Dragon Princes instead, and dump the Drakemaster in your 6 man unit to get musicians for both. For the cost of that Noble, you have enough points to get that unit of 5, with exactly 1 point left over.

Also, owing to the fact that war machines are going to wreck you, I might consider taking advantage of the fact that you do get 2 rare slots, and take a pair of Great Eagles instead of the RBT. The RBT is great, but it can't stop war machines.

There's lots of possibilities you can entertain, this is just a suggestion for one of them. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.