lord +destroyer body+ressurection orb+disruption field
Troops:
10x warriors
10x warriors
Heavy support:
3x heavy destroyers
2x heavy destroyers

Total:1000 pts
I'm open for suggestions, cause i don't think this list is capable of doin something...I've even thought of adding a monolith :D :D :D

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
ok well first off, do you actualy have all those models?

Its odd to see a D-field on a Dlord, uh...I dunno how to really respond to that other then saying it's uncommon. You have so many HDs that a disruption field seems...pointless at best. you don't need to fill in those last couple points. Either way having 2 lords at 1k isn't a terribly wise decision.

Overall I find your "heavy destroyer" fleet a bit...unorthodox. It gives you some strong firepower, but maybe take a look at the "Heavy destroyers v.s Destroyers" thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I learned the hard way what is 3+ or 2+ armour... So that's why i take heavy destroyers...
And about the lord. He's ressurecting the destroyers if they somehow get wiped out...

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Mass fire will serve you better all round and against good saves that Heavy Destrroyers will. 5 at this level is just too expensive. Take 2 units of a Single HD at most if you must.

Also, 2 Lords are pointless for now. Drop the foor one and get some Wraiths in there to accompany him, they make a great unit. Then look at some Scarabs and maybe 3 Destroyers too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How about now?
hq: lord+res orb+destr. body+warscythe=180p.
troops:11x necron warriors
11x necron warriors
fast attack:3x wraith
heavy support:heavy destroyer
heavy destroyer
3x tomb spyders

i tried to modify a bit,that's all i could think of...

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
How about now?
hq: lord+res orb+destr. body+phylactery+warscythe+disruption field=200p.
troops:11x necron warriors
10x necron warriors
fast attack:3x wraith
heavy support:heavy destroyer
heavy destroyer
3x tomb spyders

i tried to modify a bit that's all i could think of...
I can't comment on Tomb Spyders, since I've never used them, but conventional wisdom dictates that, like the heavy Ds, you should use several or none at all, which is what you're doing here, so that's good.

Wraiths will also go well with your D. Lord, but at 1k points you need to be more frugal with the lord. Ditch the phylactery and disruption field, and use the leftover points for more warriors.. There aren't a lot of vehicle-heavy 1,000-pointers out there, so the heavy ds are more than enough. Expect the lord and wraiths to mow through infantry.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
One or two TS are good for support, you're quickly heading to a CC army with that many. TS aren't always that sturdy either...(at least not when you start making scarabs with them) And again like your HD spam, a bit unorthodox. For that list I'd take off the warscythe, a tomb spider and add a squad of 5 scarabs to give you some tie-up potential.

I'd almost say to give your first list a try, but change lords and their equip to something like this. (this is really only because I think it sounds neat, and just to spite what everyone else said :rofl)

HQ: Lord-Orb-destroyer body
Trp: 12X Warriors
HS: 3x Heavy Destroyers
HS: 3X Heavy Destroyers

PO: 7 (24 dead)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
If that list looks good to you, i suggest 2 slight mods. Have 3 units of 2 Heavies, and lose 4 Warriors, get some Scarabs in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alzer i think i like your list most but i agree with pheonix that i should split those heavy destroyers into 3 units with 2 models in each.So now my list looks like this :
HQ: Lord-Orb-destroyer body
HS: 2X Heavy Destroyers
the points are the same (992)
phasing out still the same (7)

And those scarabs look a bit fragile with their low toughness...

·
Registered
39 Posts
But 3 wounds per base at 12 points!!! Thats pretty much awesome. Plus they get an invulnerable save if they turbo boost at least 18". And at 4 attacks each if they charge (well lets say you have 6), thats 24 attacks. Who cares if they have a low toughness or low strength. With 24 attacks what commander isn't going to fear that? And besides, you need some CC units. What happens if you run into Chaos Zerkers or Tyranids? The little guy's in Nids will eat you up...but then again 6 HDs can easily take out the Synapse creatures.

I reckon you should listen to Phoenix and field:

Lord (RO, DB)
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
6 Scarab Swarms
2 Heavy Destroyers
2 Heavy Destroyers
2 Heavy Destroyers

pts: 992
PO: 6

And perhaps you should drop 2 HDs in favour of 7 more warriors to increase your phase out. 6 HDs are quite a lot in a 1000pt game.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Yeah I'd actually add in the scarabs now that i look at it. those things are HANDY. and the PO only changes by 1 if you take off the extra 4 warriors. Ya could even split the scarabs into 2 squads of 3.

And thanks egzius I'm glad you liked it. After everyone basing HDs all week it's refreshing to see a list focused on their use :D Maybe I'll proxy it next week when I'm able to play.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Scarabs are terrible when you look at them purely from a cost/make points back perspective. They will not, I repeat, NOT kill anything. My squad of nine bases has dealt a total of maybe 2-3 wounds... over a total of half a dozen games, roughly 48 combat rounds (counting mine and my opponent's for each turn of the games where the scarabs were in CC).

That sounds disappointing until you realize that's not what they're there for. They're not killers, they're obstacles. In those same games mentioned above, I tied up a tau crisis suit commander and multiple Dark Angel combat squads for almost the entire game. Yes, my opponent wiped them out completely without getting a scratch, but my little buggers started fighting them on turn 2 and my opponent wasn't able to move, shoot, or assault anything else until turn 6. Even a squad of genestealers took 3 turns to beat them once.

That can be uber-useful, especially with a large or powerful unit, or something you know your opponent's strategy hinges upon. You essentially take them out of play, and the combat blocks LOS and acts as an obstacle too. Granted, it takes a little finesse and strategy to get the most out of them, and you're bound to give up victory points to your opponent with them, but after a few games you'll discover how useful they are.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Lol Canew I couldn't tell if you supported them or not through most of that.

egzuis I stand by scarabs as a good idea, because they can act as meat shields for your HDs,and nets (throw them at something make it waste time getting out. Scarabs are hilarious little bug robots that are meant to die for everything else. Though I've downed a basilisk, chimera, 8 odd guardsmen, and 3 or so Marines all with my scarabs as far as I remember with mine (it' been 3 years since most of those games)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Canew, have you tried 10 scarabs with Disruption Fields against Imp Guard? It's really fun to do and flows something like:

Whats that? Your Basilisk exploded 10 times? :p

Also incredibly useful with D. Fields against Eldar and their somewhat weak troops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.