Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so in about a week my friends and I are getting together over spring break to have a micro tournament. Somewhere along the way my friends decided I was really good at this game, so I'm hoping to crush them completely and utterly as reinforcement of this idea. We'll be doing 1k (I think) and a more or less round robin format. My friends play (in no particular order) Dark Eldar, Normal Eldar (he runs few tanks and lots of guardians), Flying wolves (drop podding SW), Tank guard (he'll bring 2 Russes in 1k) and maybe Necrons. Any commentary would be appreciated, along with opinions regarding a few things (I'll enumerate further at the end.) The list as it stands now:

Flying Tyrant: 207
Warp field, wings, 2x talons, Glands, miasma, hooks (if the points look a little off it means I missed an upgrade somewhere in transferring this over)

13 hormigaunts 130
6 genestealers + carapce 120

Carnifex: 149
VC, BS, ES
Carnifex: 149
VC, BS, ES

Total 995

Ok, so a few things. 1st, I'm considering dropping one of the fexes and a few stealers to bring 3 zoanthropes with blast and synapse. It's not really needed, but I like them and they're really quite mean to marines.

2nd I'm considering cutting 5 hormies to put some defensive upgrades on my fexes. Most importantly I'm thinking I slap on chitin and bring an extra stealer as well.

I'm open to any other suggestions with the following conditions. I'm not buying new models, and I only have the following to work with.

As many stealers as you could possibly want.
3 zoanthropes
a Broodlord
16 hormigaunts total
~20 termigaunts (from back when they were the only gaunts)
a devil fex.

Alright guys, have at it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd probably drop the hormies for more stealers with EC.

Against these armies, I'd probably actually keep the CC flyrant. A dakka tyrant would do well, but 3 out of the 5 opponents have many units with good saves. But it would tear up the eldar and dark eldar's troops and most of there tanks if you can get to the side. I'd probably drop either the WS gland, the miasma, or both. This, along with the 10 saved from dropping the hormies should give you enough points for the defensive ups on ur fexes.

I can see that there's no where you can drop a few points, but I strongly suggest somehow giving you fexes +1W. All of these armies have some sort of tank killer, and an additional wound would probably give it and additonal turn. Does the necron player run heavy destroyers or reg destroyers? If he has no heavy ones, he's gonna have ALOT of trouble killing any of your fexes.

·
Mau'Dib
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really doubt the Necron player will be there in reality, I was just trying to list as many possible opponents as I could.

If you agree that it's worth it I've considered dropping a few hormies (3 to be precise) to give them both +1 wound.

Any other suggestions from the general company?

·
479 Posts
from what i can see your hormagaunts are too small a group to do any good. one round of shooting from those guardians, or battle cannons while rip them apart. also, since most of the armies you're facing has alot of good armor saves, they won't do much good. i suggest dropping them completely for more stealers, upgrades, etc. OR you can get your termagaunts in there since they are more numerous, they don't move faster than the rest of your army and can support with their guns. I've found that termagaunts are very effective against marines while shooting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
might want to add acid maw to the flyrant, reroll unsuccessful rolls to wound first turn of combat is pretty nice...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.