Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although this is friendly, I would prefer a list closer to competitive, as Beastmen can be a little tricky to pull off.
Well, here goes:
General-Great Bray Shaman w/ AHW, Lore of Shadows-204 pts
Wargor-BSB,Beast Banner,HA,Gnarled Hide,SH-206 pts
28 Gors w/ Mus., SB and AHWs-231 pts
Tuskgor Chariot-80 pts
15 Bestigors-180 pts
2 X 5 Ungor Raiders, 1 X 6 w/ Mus.-99 pts
Total=1,000 pts
Both characters go in the horde of gors, and the raiders are for screening. Past the screens, it's basically just sit back and hope I get good combat rolls. The Bestigors will be on one side of the Gors, and the Chariot will be on the other side, to get the maximum benefit out of the BSB and Inspiring Presence. The Chariots operate better when near each other, correct?
Any suggestions on making this more competitive?

·
Registered
815 Posts
It has been a while since I made a list but honestly those three mino's aren't going to do it. Bestigors are your best friend.

A stand by 1K list would be ...

Core: 485 points
40 Gors, AHW's, Full Command
20 Gors, AHW's
10 Ungor Raiders

Special: 270 points
20 Bestigors, Full Command

Heroes: 245
Bray-Shaman, AHW, Level 2 Wizard
Wargor, AHW, BSB, Gnarled Hide, Heavy Armor

*** This is not my list, I can't take credit for it.

Reactions: gorak_the_bloody

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't that an illegal list? I know the BSB can't be the general, but can you take the highest ld as BSB and then just give the next highest ld general?
I'll think about taking out the hagtree fetish and the minos for some bestigors, maybe also take out 5 raiders. But the reason I made it a Great Bray Shay is because he's actually really good in combat. I'm also thinking i'll give him the Jagged Dagger, could add a few dice over time with 3 ws5 s4 attacks.

And btw, I never take bestigors, but i'm quite biased. I absolutely HATE the models! Not because they look bad, they look fine, but because of this; ok, so i've bought two battalions and built most of the guys in them, except for the bestigors. The bestigor instructions say that "match only pieces marked 'A' with other pieces marked 'A'." Well that would be all well and good, except that none of the freaking pieces are marked at all! I've only built one bestigor, by guess and check, but his horns fell off and i never found them, so he's basically trash. Do the bestigor boxes have marked pieces, or do they never?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Isn't that an illegal list? I know the BSB can't be the general, but can you take the highest ld as BSB and then just give the next highest ld general?
I've never read anywhere that the BSB can't have higher or equal LD than the general, just that the BSB can't be the general.

Do the bestigor boxes have marked pieces, or do they never?
I've never read instructions for putting them together, they can be a bit annoying but nothing that should cause fits. I love Bestigors and would never play Beastmen without them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I took out the Hagtree Fetish and the minos in favor of 15 bestigors (Updates in first post), but now I have a question about the fielding.
I have 3 options for the last 18 pts:
a. +1 Gor and +2 Ungors
b. +3 Ungors and Mus.
c. +1 Bestigor and +1 Ungor/Ungor Raider
Option a is for if I want the Shaman with the Gors and BSB with Bestigors, and options b and c are if the BSB remains with the Gor horde.
Which of these should I take and where should I field the BSB?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I thin you may want to consider a couple of Chariots instead of the Ungors. The reason why I say this is because you don't have access to anything above factory-default magic right now, and without a lot of support Ungors get beat up by just about everybody. The Chariots have the potential to turn fights that would otherwise be Ls into Ws, and they also figure to help you out quite a bit in hunting down chaff and other units looking to get in your blocks' way.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, i'll take out the ungors for two tuskgor chariots. But I still have another question, where should I put the BSB, with the Gors or the Bestigors?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had considered the Beast Banner, but I have decided against it as it costs 75 points, which I think is just too much to squeeze into a 1k list. If i'm putting the BSB with the Gors, are there any suggestions on what to use the last 8 pts for?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, to afford the Beast Banner i'd have to take out 10 Gors, do you really think it's better to give the unit +1S than +10 guys? And I wasn't planning on taking another Gor cuz then the unit ends up with 31 guys in it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you really think that's better, I guess i'll do it. I wasn't exactly thrilled about having to pay for two chariots anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The model doesn't look that hideous to me, and the Orc Boar Chariot looks pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I own the models in question, and I can tell you they are decidedly NOT the same, bar the fact that they have the same old and terrible-looking Boars on them (which is why I suggested the Savage Orc Boar Boyz - those Boars look really nice). The Orc Chariot is much better sculpted and has a sturdier look to it - the only issue I had was that I had to trim the yoke a bit for the new Boars (who are a heck of a lot bigger than the old ones) to fit, and even that was just a decision to not glue a certain part on and smoothen out the join. The rest was just adding Beastmen-style bits from my spares (which you'll get from the Gor kit), and converting some Gor charioteers, since the Bestigor can look like every other Bestigor ever.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you say so, I guess that's the best choice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the Savage Orc Boar Boyz and Orc Boar Chariot, and I cannot figure out how to get those Savage boars on it. Trim the yoke? They don't fit inside any of the pieces related to the yoke. I can't figure out how to make them fit on the model and actually create the appearance that they're pulling the chariot at the same time. How did you do it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't see the pic, because of some stupid thing on my computer. But I think I get the idea, and I'll try it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts