Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

as a variation to the Mechanized Guard i'm making, I thought i'd make my Ork army into a true horde. Starting at 1k I thought would present some problems for this, but I think I solved them quite decently.
I've included as many boyz as I dare fit in with some backup from 2 Buggies and a double-screen of Gretchin.

HQ 115
Big Mek 115
Burna
Cybork
Kustom Force Field

Troops 815
20 Shoota Boyz 180
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

20 Shoota Boyz 180
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

20 Shoota Boyz 180
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

20 Shoota Boyz 180
2 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

13 Gretchin 49
Runtherd

12 Gretchin 46
Runtherd

Fast Attack 70
Warbuggy 35
Twin-linked rokkit launcha

Warbuggy 35

The size of this force and the sheer amount of bodies in it I blieve will be able to tip the scales in my favor. The major drawback I found with theese lists were the lack of any kind of anti-armour except for PK-Nobz. So, to take care of all thoose pesky transports that ar earound, i've included 10 Rokkits in this list, of which 2 are twin-linked. This should give me enough firepower do destroy the transports out there and expose the creamy insides.

The list will be deployed with the Boys set up behind the large line of Gretchin. Two of the Boy Mobz will be deployed so that the KFF will affect them, and the Grotz so that they'll get it to. The Buggies will eb deployed to cause as much nuisance as possible and try to get a side-shot or two in somwehere. I've been considering dropping theese for a pair of Killa Kans with Skorchas to accompany my main battle line, getting cover from the KFF and then moving in for Tank-busting and troop flaming. I'm not sure which would be the best...

The anti-troops in this lsit is made up from the simple mass off Shoota fire and CC-attacks. Been ppondering if I should maybe exchange a unit or two of the Shootas to Slugga Boyz, giving them a stronger CC potential, which is where I want to end up anyways... :/
But the versitality of the Shootas would allow me to play defensive to... ^^'

Anyways, i'm here looking for your advice ^^

Cheers ^^

Oh, and...
GIT' DA GITZ! WAAAGH!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
No it's solid, if I have to say anything It'd be make the squads of boys 30 each and use BS instead of rokkits, possible change it to one squad of 19 gretchin as the 13:1 ration is a bit of a point sink and two squads THAT small are just free KPs and that sort of thing.

This would be my tweak

HQ 115
Big Mek 115
Burna
Cybork
Kustom Force Field

Troops 772
30 Shoota Boyz 220
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

30 Shoota Boyz 220
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

30 Shoota Boyz 220
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

18 Gretchin 64
Runtherd

Fast Attack 140
Warbuggy x2 70

Warbuggy x2 70

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like it ^^
I do kinda miss the weapons on the mobz... So I made a slight change:

HQ 115

Big Mek 115
Burna
Cybork
Kustom Force Field

Troops 814
30 Shoota Boyz 250
3 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

30 Shoota Boyz 250
3 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

30 Shoota Boyz 250
3 Rokkitz
Nob wiv’ Power Klaw
an’ Boss Pole

18 Gretchin 64
Runtherd

Fast Attack 70
Warbuggy 35

Warbuggy 35

This will actually give me a better result than the two Twin-linked Rokkitz. Perhaps less mobile, but about one more hit per volley. But i'm still considering having one unit become Sluggas. That would mean they'd drop their Rokkitz to, and in combination with the drop of Grot i'd get another Rokkit-Buggy. But, as said, I still don't know if it would be good to change one of the units to sluggas...

Any thoughts on this? ^^

Cheers and thanks for your help ^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.